BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's not me talking down Chapman's ability to have an impact this season but the manager. It's not me but the manager that has said things such as 'He has a bit to do physically to get himself in to a shape ready to play in our first team, he’s not physically, so will have a bit of work to do over the next month or two to get himself ready'. 

'He needs to do a lot of work on his body, so I don’t think we’ll see him for a while. I don’t think he’s even fit enough to go out on loan. We will be getting him ready for the intensity to play for us.'

'I’m delighted he’s here and here for the long-term. Let’s not rush him, so when he is right he can contribute at his maximum.'

I know it would suit your argument better if I said it but I didn't. Whatever you think of the business the other sides in the top ten have done the simple fact is they will be ready to play now whereas our signing won't. Also I'm not sure that losing Palmer (a player proven in the Championship) and signing Chapman (who's never played above League 1 and hasn't started a competitive game in 16 months after multiple injuries) is strengthening. 

In the role we used Palmer and will use Chapman, I would say Chapman is the better fit, Palmer wasn't a winger. 

Also a bit mischievous saying Chapman hasn't started a competitive game for 16 months in the same sentence as mentioning his injuries. He has 3 league cup and 1 FA cup appearance this season. The reason he hasn't started is that he isn't a Pulis player. He has been available. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's not me talking down Chapman's ability to have an impact this season but the manager. It's not me but the manager that has said things such as 'He has a bit to do physically to get himself in to a shape ready to play in our first team, he’s not physically, so will have a bit of work to do over the next month or two to get himself ready'. 

'He needs to do a lot of work on his body, so I don’t think we’ll see him for a while. I don’t think he’s even fit enough to go out on loan. We will be getting him ready for the intensity to play for us.'

'I’m delighted he’s here and here for the long-term. Let’s not rush him, so when he is right he can contribute at his maximum.'

I know it would suit your argument better if I said it but I didn't. Whatever you think of the business the other sides in the top ten have done the simple fact is they will be ready to play now whereas our signing won't. Also I'm not sure that losing Palmer (a player proven in the Championship) and signing Chapman (who's never played above League 1 and hasn't started a competitive game in 16 months after multiple injuries) is strengthening. 

Ahh so now it's strengthen for this season? Didn't write that did you. 

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Ahh so now it's strengthen for this season? Didn't write that did you. 

I'd have thought it was obvious as one I was talking about the current 10 top who are our rivals in pushing for top 6 this season (why would I be talking about next season or beyond when we are still competing with them in this one?) and two 'I said It's hard to include Chapman as someone who will improve us this season'. The clue was in the word's this season.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I'd have thought it was obvious as one I was talking about the current 10 top who are our rivals in pushing for top 6 this season (why would I be talking about next season or beyond when we are still competing with them in this one?) and two 'I said It's hard to include Chapman as someone who will improve us this season'. The clue was in the word's this season.

And who do we think wrote the below in the Brereton thread;

"That was my first thought as well. I would also back Chapman to have more of an impact during the run in than I would Brereton. If we can bring Chapman and a striker in then I would definitely send Brereton out on loan."

I will give you a clue - it was you. 

So which is it skipper? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

And who do we think wrote the below in the Brereton thread;

"That was my first thought as well. I would also back Chapman to have more of an impact during the run in than I would Brereton. If we can bring Chapman and a striker in then I would definitely send Brereton out on loan."

I will give you a clue - it was you. 

So which is it skipper? 

That's more to do with my view on Brereton than my view on Chapman. But that comment was also before Mowbray had said what he has said about Chapman's fitness. So unlucky try again. P.S. I'm flattered you think so much about me that you have taken the time to go back over my old posts. ?

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

That's more to do with my view on Brereton than my view on Chapman. But that comment was also before Mowbray had said what he has said about Chapman's fitness. So unlucky try again. P.S. I'm flattered you think so much about me that you have taken the time to go back over my old posts. ?

I would also back Chapman to have more of an impact during the run in than I would Brereton.

But you only think that because you hate Brereton? So essentially you change your views to suit your argument. You are a fickle little scamp. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, renrag said:

Anyone who walks out of a hospital after a triple heart bypass, needs something upstairs examining on or off the training ground

And years after all that he was joining in 5 asides at training in his 50's and booting his own multi million pound players up in the air. He lost the plot here and should've been potted but I can't help but like him, what a mon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I do wonder whether TMs comments were more about getting a good deal for Chapman. Initially he was going to be sent out on loan to build up fitness - now he isnt fit enough to go out on loan - whats the money he will be on the bench in 2 or 3 matches ?

Chapman (if can stay fit) could have more of an impact on the remainder of our season than most players we could have bought. In league 1 he was the perfect impact sub (something we have missed) - if he can repeat that at Championship level we will be laughing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biz said:

I have the same doubts but it’s not time to say “he’s garbage” or “a waste of money”. I also don’t recall PB saying he doesn’t think he will make the grade either.

I also watched the same game. You couldn’t single him out as someone not showing effort or desire from what I saw. He doesn’t look confident or exactly sure his role, but that’s a bit different to the lazy/attitude problem you just suggested.

exactly Biz. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wasn't too impressed with the last minute 3 at the back against Newcastle. I knew we were stuck for bodies but I think Bennett-Nyambe-Lenihan-Bell as a 4 would have been a better bet. As it was we looked lost and only got into the game after about 1/2 hr and by then it was much too late.

too late? didn't we draw 2 2 at full time and lost in extra time

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think it is probably time that we look to recruit a sporting director (a proven competent one) who would come in and handle things like scouting and transfer strategy and report back to Waggott or the owners. Let Mowbray get on with coaching and managing the team and let someone else focus on scouting and negotiating deals. Of course leave the final decision to the manager but take that burden off his shoulders and come up with a medium term strategy for recruitment. At the moment it just seems to be a window-by-window job depending on what comes up and whether we get favourable deals coming our way.

Leeds, Norwich, Stoke, Forest, WBA, Villa, Brentford, Bristol City have all gone down this route and most of those are foreign owned or have owners who want to take a back seat as opposed to clubs like Bolton, Rotherham and Middlesbrough where the owner is quite heavily involved in the running of the club.

Its funny that ive mention about us director of football/sporting director/head coach structure and didn't receive much support from yourselves

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

And you take that attitude in the transfer market you aren't ever going to get where the likes of Leeds and WBA are.

achieve nothing yet

54 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Which other top 10 team hasn't strengthened then?

why did you limit it the top 10 and not top half teams cos 11th place Swansea weakened their team and 12th place Birmingham wouldn't have support your argument

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

why did you limit it the top 10 and not top half teams cos 11th place Swansea weakened their team and 12th place Birmingham wouldn't have support your argument

Because I don't see anyone below the top 10 being good enough to make the playoffs, is that alright with you? Anyway you've been saying on here what a mess Swansea are so why do you want to compare us to them? As for Brum they can't sign as they are under an embargo.

Edited by Ewood Ace

15 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I would also back Chapman to have more of an impact during the run in than I would Brereton.

But you only think that because you hate Brereton? So essentially you change your views to suit your argument. You are a fickle little scamp. 

I would back a fit or even half fit Chapman to have more of an impact over Brereton because it's no secret I think Brereton is hopeless. I haven't changed my mind I still believe that. I don't hate Brereton I just don't rate him as a footballer.

But the simple fact is since I said that the manager has said things such as 'He has a bit to do physically to get himself in to a shape ready to play in our first team, he’s not physically, so will have a bit of work to do over the next month or two to get himself ready'. 

When I said what I said I didn't know all of that as believe it or not I was not sent a fitness report on Chapman by the club. Also you have conveniently missed out the context of that quote, as it was in response to speculation of Chapman of being loaned out (which would mean he was fit enough to play) however Mowbray has said since then he isn't even fit enough for that. But even if Chapman doesn't play a game this season he will probably have as much of an impact in the run in as our 4th Choice Striker/6th choice winger. 

Clearly the manager doesn't see Chapman being ready for a while yet. I know it doesn't suit your argument but that is Tony Mowbray saying those things about Chapman and not me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Because I don't see anyone below the top 10 being good enough to make the playoffs, is that alright with you? Anyway you've been saying on here what a mess Swansea are so why do you want to compare us to them? As for Brum they can't sign as they are under an embargo.

I haven't said what a mess Swansea are in. 

I can see why Swansea are taking this approach and wanted rid of high earners of the books and starting again with good young players and building again. Potter is good manager and he will take them up giving 

I would back a fit or even half fit Chapman to have more of an impact over Brereton because it's no secret I think Brereton is hopeless. I haven't changed my mind I still believe that. I don't hate Brereton I just don't rate him as a footballer.

But the simple fact is since I said that the manager has said things such as 'He has a bit to do physically to get himself in to a shape ready to play in our first team, he’s not physically, so will have a bit of work to do over the next month or two to get himself ready'. 

When I said what I said I didn't know all of that as believe it or not I was not sent a fitness report on Chapman by the club. Also you have conveniently missed out the context of that quote, as it was in response to speculation of Chapman of being loaned out (which would mean he was fit enough to play) however Mowbray has said since then he isn't even fit enough for that. But even if Chapman doesn't play a game this season he will probably have as much of an impact in the run in as our 4th Choice Striker/6th choice winger. 

Clearly the manager doesn't see Chapman being ready for a while yet. I know it doesn't suit your argument but that is Tony Mowbray saying those things about Chapman and not me. 

So you thought he was fighting fit? Having played 5 bit games for Boro and being injured a lot of the time he was here? Deary me. 

My argument is that you change your tune as it suits you and I thought it about time someone pulled you up on it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its funny that ive mention about us director of football/sporting director/head coach structure and didn't receive much support from yourselves

Strange because I think I've supported the idea, in principle, for quite some time. In an ideal world I'd rather not bother with that sort of thing but given the absence/distance/lack of knowledge of the owners I feel the club would benefit from having more expertise on the ground who could bridge that gap.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

So you thought he was fighting fit? Having played 5 bit games for Boro and being injured a lot of the time he was here? Deary me. 

My argument is that you change your tune as it suits you and I thought it about time someone pulled you up on it. 

Again you  have conveniently miss out the next bit (again). I was responding to Mowbray saying “If he (Chapman) is going to sit on our bench or not even get in the 18 for the next three or four months then he might as well go and play some football and get fit and get some confidence and come back pre-season ready to try and get in our team.” 

All I said is that I would back Chapman to have more of an impact than Brereton from the bench. Because for me if he was fit enough to loan out he is fit enough to play a part for us. However since then Mowbray has had a closer look at him a decided that he isn't even fit enough to go out on loan. It's not mind that has changed on Chapman's fitness but Tony Mowbray's mind after taking a closer look at him.

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Tyler magloire signed a 3 and half year contract must be highly thought of by Mowbray.Apologies if this has already been talked about

He has mentioned Magloire a few times.

Route to the first team looking a lot better for him and others with Downing moved on.

*lights touch paper*