BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

No-one hates Brereton,that's a silly comment.

Yea but anyone who comments on our season, particularly our signings of strikers has a choice.

They either lambast the signing of a 19 year old who hasn’t broke the first team, for an “obscene” fee or they praise the club for bringing in a 22 year old in who has thrived, even in a position he probably doesn’t see himself playing. 

I guess I speak for a lot of others when I ask, why do you always plump for the criticism?

Perhaps Armstrong’s success at less than half the potential price ramps up the spotlight! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

My sister was very good at Spoonerisms... best one was "I wouldn't trust you with a barge-pole'

Hope you explained to her what spoonerisms actually are!

• Like 2

On 01/02/2019 at 08:03, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So the only two strikers we were interested in in the whole of Western Europe are one player who played for us before and another player who plays just down the road in Mowbray's home town.  To be honest it's hard to believe we were seriously looking. In future don't pee in my ear and tell me it's raining Rovers. Maybe our scouts are still waiting for their bus passes because none of them must have a passport.

What does the club not scouting outside of the UK have anything to do with my post?

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

That is such a good post, reasoned, sensible and moderate.  No evidence to support their blind faith, just so want it to be so therefore ignore anything that threatens their view.

Farage and Johnson couldn't do it better.

6AC25421-CA1A-4CC7-ABBC-C2038A7971E7.gif

On 01/02/2019 at 08:06, Ewood Ace said:

How the money is paid for Brereton is a red herring as we will have committed to paying up to £7 Million and it is money that can't be spent elsewhere. But that has already been done over and over on here, so I'll move on.

You say if Brereton develops into a quality striker then he will have been a good investment. What is the difference between that argument and the argument of signing a striker on 4 month loan (paying him say 30-40K a week) who if he scores the goals to get us into the play offs (and maybe beyond) will have proven to be a good investment. Both are gambles the only difference is if Brereton is a failure it's one we are lumbered with for years to come whereas if the loan signing doesn't come off then after a few months he's off our hands.

You’re exactly right that both are gambles. We don’t know the exact finances involved in either the BB deal or the never completed Assambalonga deal, but Mowbray has given his reasons for taking a gamble with one and not the other and his reasoning makes sense to me.

For what it’s worth I think Ben has been rubbish so far and I would have loved Britt to be here instead. But I’ve seen enough of the current team this season to not be bothered by it, as I think they can hold their own against any team in the division. 

Brereton is doing some good stuff from wide positions on that vid...

Main question really is will he ever fit the Rovers TM style or is he another Tony has got then tried to shoe in but isn't comfortable in our overall system ?

Only time will tell with this one he could have a website and MB all of his own by then.  I've seen zip all in him so far but going off that he looks decent like a different guy almost and the Forest ST fan I speak too thinks he's good and is surprised it's not happened here so far, he's also of the strong opinion that they are guaranteed 6/7 million with add ons if triggered.

I'm not overly happy with the way he's been used here I think they've dropped a bollock with that and now the only real option is an U23 stint which won't do him any harm then reintroduce later on.

I've written off the first chunk of that 7 mill as something that could and should have been used better this season but i'm not writing the player off until he's had a full pre season here. That's me mute on it till next October..............I think ?

• Like 2

Right folks, 8 reports in this thread within 24 hours. Every time we all get an email. If you're going to carry on like this we have no other option but to start handing out warnings. We don't like doing it, we would rather not. Please stop.

59 minutes ago, Biz said:

Yea but anyone who comments on our season, particularly our signings of strikers has a choice.

They either lambast the signing of a 19 year old who hasn’t broke the first team, for an “obscene” fee or they praise the club for bringing in a 22 year old in who has thrived, even in a position he probably doesn’t see himself playing. 

I guess I speak for a lot of others when I ask, why do you always plump for the criticism?

Perhaps Armstrong’s success at less than half the potential price ramps up the spotlight! 

The reason there is less debate about successful signings is not because everyone is desperate to moan and whinge, its because there is very little scope for discussion about something everyone agrees on.

Take Dack. Mowbray gets plenty of praise for his signing but how much discussion can you get. "Dacks been an unbelievable signing." "100% agree." End of discussion.

Armstrong has thrived in the last month but has been patchy overall and poor in the main prior to 2019 but I am very happy to have him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Right folks, 8 reports in this thread within 24 hours. Every time we all get an email. If you're going to carry on like this we have no other option but to start handing out warnings. We don't like doing it, we would rather not. Please stop.

bit rich to speak to people like children when one of them must have been relating to your own post...

A post that remains unedited I should add. 

Edited by Eddie

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Seriously? People reporting stuff on this thread. Unless mods have been hiding some nasty stuff that’s a bit gratuitous.

January’s over anyway. Rovers failed at it. Thread needs locking.

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well, I watch pretty much every game I can and had seen Brereton a handful of occasions prior to his signing.

I agree that he hasn’t shown it (or had the opportunity) here yet, but the lad is tall, quick, can dribble, has a good touch and can find space well. He needs to improve his finishing and work rate. He could do with filling out a bit, and when he does his natural athleticism and size will make him terrifying when coming at defenders. He travels with the ball fantastically, very direct, and has decent technique when striking the ball. 

He’s got a lot to learn and improve, his confidence is shot, but I’d hang my hat on him being a better player than Nuttall at Nuttall’s age. And I like Joe too.

It’s a game of opinions and mine isn’t just based on “faith”, only time will tell if I’m wrong, or if that opinion changes. We just haven’t seen enough of him yet.

Funny you would commend a reasoned and sensible post but act like an absolute bellend the sentence after. Bravo. You made me laugh.

I responded as addressed by @roversfan99’s good post. I’ll offer you the same courtesy:

@47er Don’t know if you’ve got the mental capacity to realise how outrageously ironic it is for you to say that we are “ignoring everything that threatens our view” because if you can’t see ANYTHING AT ALL as a potentially positive attribute in Ben Brereton then you are either

A, fucking thick, or

B, just as idiotically arrogant and stubborn as you accused others of being.

?

Thanks for the tangible attributes you feel he has.

To be honest, I have yet to see evidence of most of it, His first touch is really loose, and I can only recall his disallowed goal at Deepdale as evidence of good technique. He rarely gets into goalscoring positions and the last 3 shots I recall him having are a totally misjudged free header and 2 shots that went out for a throw in.

I wouldnt describe him as quick but I do suspect that if there is an area to build around, he does seem to want to travel with the ball.

Alot of patience is wittled away when the work rate is questionable too.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

bit rich to speak to people like children when one of them must have been relating to your own post...

A post that remains unedited I should add. 

The post which you reported broke no rules. Swearing, in context, is allowed as per the forum rules.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thanks for the tangible attributes you feel he has.

To be honest, I have yet to see evidence of most of it, His first touch is really loose, and I can only recall his disallowed goal at Deepdale as evidence of good technique. He rarely gets into goalscoring positions and the last 3 shots I recall him having are a totally misjudged free header and 2 shots that went out for a throw in.

I wouldnt describe him as quick but I do suspect that if there is an area to build around, he does seem to want to travel with the ball.

Alot of patience is wittled away when the work rate is questionable too.

Yeah. A little more graft wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m sure Ben will know himself that he’s got more to give, and must be frustrating and nerve wracking as hell.

I’d love for everyone to get behind him.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah. A little more graft wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m sure Ben will know himself that he’s got more to give, and must be frustrating and nerve wracking as hell.

I’d love for everyone to get behind him.

At games, people get behind everyone.

He'd be easier to warm to still if he gave every drop.

Lets hope his Rovers career takes off but we can only judge on what weve seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Well, fuck that then. 

How can one fucking swear out of fucking context? 

I think Brereton played shite. 

This is in context, it's used as a adjective. It's allowed at the games, in the pubs and on social media.

J*B is a dick.

This is personal abuse and faces a warning. You would get asked to leave a pub and banned on other social media for posting it.

It's all very clearly set out within the forum rules.

• Like 3