BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Eddie said:

So, all swearing is allowed so long as it isn't directed at a forum member? 

The swear filter (for the most part) was turned off ages ago. Tbf it hasn’t brought down the tone.

Although curiously you can’t say I have been stopped from posting this by moderators..

(Coyle’s first name!)

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Eddie said:

So, all swearing is allowed so long as it isn't directed at a forum member? 

Not all swearing, some words are still filtered out as they're deemed too fsr. By registering to the forum you confirm you are over 18 and are therefore an adult.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

The swear filter (for the most part) was turned off ages ago. Tbf it hasn’t brought down the tone.

Although curiously you can’t say Coyle.

This isn't really the place for the discussion, but I think having an admin openly saying fuck in a context when it isn't needed isn't great for the tone and long term is likely to be damaging, particularly when it is then followed up with him chiding other board members. It might not be against forum rules, but it doesn't exactly set a great example. 

...but fuck it. 

Just now, J*B said:

Not all swearing, some words are still filtered out as they're deemed too fsr. By registering to the forum you confirm you are over 18 and are therefore an adult.

But we all know there are plenty of under 18-year-olds on the forum (as was the case when I signed up way back in 2002 and may well have been the case when you first registered) and that the messageboard has long prided itself on having a standard of debate that is significantly higher than those of other forums (in large part down to the overall quality of the posts and the lack of swearing). 

But I suppose it doesn't matter really. 

Just now, Eddie said:

But we all know there are plenty of under 18-year-olds on the forum (as was the case when I signed up way back in 2002 and may well have been the case when you first registered) and that the messageboard has long prided itself on having a standard of debate that is significantly higher than those of other forums (in large part down to the overall quality of the posts and the lack of swearing). 

Wow.

?

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Anyone with their age set to under 18 was banned from the forum, theoretically there shouldn't be anyone under 18 posting here and if they are, they have lied about their age when signing up. 

Social media has revolutionised forums, masses of people don't bother using forums because they can use Twitter, which is essentially the same thing. So we follow their rules on what is and isn't allowed. We had a massive backlog of reports for swearing which actually, nobody found offensive, it was just against the rules by default. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This isn't really the place for the discussion, but I think having an admin openly saying fuck in a context when it isn't needed isn't great for the tone and long term is likely to be damaging, particularly when it is then followed up with him chiding other board members. It might not be against forum rules, but it doesn't exactly set a great example. 

...but fuck it. 

Again, as per the forum rules, another introduction (well over 6 months ago) is that mods/admin dont have to say nothing anymore. Another issue we found where that mods couldn't engage in any form of debate because it always ended up with chaos. I post in the same language I would use in the pub, at the game, on social media, even at work.

If you mod this forum simply as a moderator it's 1) a part time job and 2) not one bit enjoyable.

56 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Nothing better than a Hot cup of Vimto on a cold winters night.

If you prefer Ribena too Vimto you’re definitely a nonce. Vimto is the best. Pointless keeping it on topic now the windows over eh? ;) 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At games, people get behind everyone.

He'd be easier to warm to still if he gave every drop.

Lets hope his Rovers career takes off but we can only judge on what weve seen.

Not true. Some of the comments I have have heard at Ewood would be removed if I posted. He was applauded off against Newcastle, and that is his only start at Ewood.

Just now, Butty said:

If you prefer Ribena too Vimto you’re definitely a nonce. Vimto is the best. Pointless keeping it on topic now the windows over eh? ;) 

You’re lucky I don’t report this post.

Vimto is for soft lads and benefits cheats. End of.

• J*B unpinned this topic
Just now, J*B said:

Anyone with their age set to under 18 was banned from the forum, theoretically there shouldn't be anyone under 18 posting here and if they are, they have lied about their age when signing up. 

Social media has revolutionised forums, masses of people don't bother using forums because they can use Twitter, which is essentially the same thing. So we follow their rules on what is and isn't allowed. We had a massive backlog of reports for swearing which actually, nobody found offensive, it was just against the rules by default. 

Again, as per the forum rules, another introduction (well over 6 months ago) is that mods/admin dont have to say nothing anymore. Another issue we found where that mods couldn't engage in any form of debate because it always ended up with chaos. 

If you mod this forum simply as a moderator it's 1) a part time job and 2) not one bit enjoyable.

I think it's always great when people justify a position by just quoting rules. None of my recent posts have questioned what's written in the rules of the forum, just their reasoning and impact. 

If we're using social media as a standard then why bother even having mods? One sit admin could give a cursory glance to complaints every 2/3 months and it would function just like twitter or facebook. Problem solved. 

Just now, Eddie said:

I think it's always great when people justify a position by just quoting rules. None of my recent posts have questioned what's written in the rules of the forum, just their reasoning and impact. 

If we're using social media as a standard then why bother even having mods? One sit admin could give a cursory glance to complaints every 2/3 months and it would function just like twitter or facebook. Problem solved. 

Lay off mate it’s just words. Funny words. Useful words.

Although it is quite impressive how you can type whilst wringing your hands.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Isn't this all this for another thread or forum even ?

It's more boring than people bickering about actual players and managers to be honest bud.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At games, people get behind everyone.

He'd be easier to warm to still if he gave every drop.

Lets hope his Rovers career takes off but we can only judge on what weve seen.

Wrong there pal. 

You want to some of the vile and nasty comments Ive heard at games at Ewood Park. I would be ban from this site instantly. 

So your comment people get behind everyone isnt true.

You clearly dont sit in Blackburn End N02 and N03 behind the goals do you? 

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

Not true. Some of the comments I have have heard at Ewood would be removed if I posted. He was applauded off against Newcastle, and that is his only start at Ewood.

Most players are applauded off?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there pal. 

You want to some of the vile and nasty comments Ive heard at games at Ewood Park. I would be ban from this site instantly. 

There’s 10,000 Rovers fans at Ewood. Of course you will get the odd numpty. Statistically 99.99% of fans get behind the players on a match day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Because in the last 24 hours there's been 2 bans for person abuse. Neither used a swear word, for reference. If we're not on it daily it's proven this forum turns into chaos very quickly and people leave or stop posting. 

The forum has had an increase in members and views monthly for almost 12 months now. Partly down to Rovers doing well I would suggest, but also, we hope, because of the moderating approach we've adopted. Equally we've only had 1 mod leave the team, who was replaced. 

You've modded before, you know how easily this place can become a burden. In fact when we took over, one of the first decisions we made, which turned out to be wrong, was to try and be stricter. All that happened was membership went down as people stopped coming onto the forum, we created truck loads of work for the mod team and complaints went up.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there pal. 

Think every club has its fair share of dickheads. It’s a minority though, a lot of fans have been critical of Brereton but I think all of us just want him too do well at the end of the day. A young lass behind me on the Newcastle game was quickly put in her place after shouting something vile at BB. Every club has them I’m afraid. Some of my dingle mates have said how Hendrick gets all sorts from certain people in the stand, but it’s a minority like I said. We can all be critical on social media, but most I think will get behind anyone who’s wearing the shirt when on a game. That’s the way it is. And some of those posting vile things on social media would never say it too his face. It’s the modern world unfortunately. 

Edited by Butty

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Isn't this all this for another thread or forum even ?

It's more boring than people bickering about actual players and managers to be honest bud.

Probably, but I do find it very interesting - and try and take it on board. This thread will naturally disappear this month anyway so I'm not massively fussed it's way off topic now! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

Depends what you consider to be "behind him." If its someone calling Brereton shit to their mate alongside them, thats not abuse. If its someone or some people groaning when a shot or a touch goes wrong, again thats not abuse. Him going off 5 minutes after skewing a shot out for a throw in, would surely be the perfect time to show a player they have not got the backing of the fans. Warm applause suggest that he does.

As @Stuart says you will get the odd idiot everywhere but that doesnt represent the whole fan base.

Why have you not replied to my earlier post to you about the attributes he has shown, about actual constructive analysis of the player?

Same reply applies to @chaddyrovers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there pal. 

You wouldnt be banned if it was a quote and any swearing was asterixed out. What did you hear? And by how many?