BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

52 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only time will tell with this one he could have a website and MB all of his own by then.  I've seen zip all in him so far but going off that he looks decent like a different guy almost and the Forest ST fan I speak too thinks he's good and is surprised it's not happened here so far, he's also of the strong opinion that they are guaranteed 6/7 million with add ons if triggered. ?

I posted something along those lines two or three days ago (also from a strong Nottingham connection) and got accused of telling lies, being attention seeking and not having a clue!   Hmmm.

After a relatively barren transfer window for Rovers and reported attempts to unsuccessfully add to our striking options, it will be sod's law that Graham gets crocked tomorrow.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Think every club has its fair share of dickheads. It’s a minority though, a lot of fans have been critical of Brereton but I think all of us just want him too do well at the end of the day. A young lass behind me on the Newcastle game was quickly put in her place after shouting something vile at BB. Every club has them I’m afraid. Some of my dingle mates have said how Hendrick gets all sorts from certain people in the stand, but it’s a minority like I said. We can all be critical on social media, but most I think will get behind anyone who’s wearing the shirt when on a game. That’s the way it is. And some of those posting vile things on social media would never say it too his face. It’s the modern world unfortunately. 

Good points made.

My mum and dad put 2 people in their place at Newcastle game also. I have a man sat behind me and his comments Brereton are sick even when he not thr pitch.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You wouldnt be banned if it was a quote and any swearing was asterixed out. What did you hear? And by how many?

I am not posting these sort of comments. And I never will

Ive heard 10 to 15 some these sort of comments. In the areas i said previously. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good points made.

My mum and dad put 2 people in their place at Newcastle game also. I have a man sat behind me and his comments Brereton are sick even when he not thr pitch.

I am not posting these sort of comments. And I never will

Ive heard 10 to 15 some these sort of comments. In the areas i said previously. 

Out of curiosity. Do you ever moan or swear to your mate if one of our players misses a good chance or makes a mistake? As a natural reaction, "for fucks sake" "hows he missed that" etc etc. Not audible to the players, just at talking loudness?

I cant comment on these supposed sick comments seeing as you wont even suggest what exactly they are.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, J*B said:

Probably, but I do find it very interesting - and try and take it on board. This thread will naturally disappear this month anyway so I'm not massively fussed it's way off topic now! 

For what it’s worth, you guys are doing a great job of modding.

I remember how I really struggled initially as a mod by implementing the new and stricter rules, particularly in the ICBINF section. Hellfire it was hard not making enemies, and we lost a lot of good posters then.

Luckily we’ve done rather well since, probably in part due to my no longer modding (been nearly 2 years now?), after getting really quite unfair and personal with posters I’ve no issue with in person.

It’s hard work, but done very well on here.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I posted something along those lines two or three days ago (also from a strong Nottingham connection) and got accused of telling lies, being attention seeking and not having a clue!   Hmmm.

You need to have a look at yourself then.  A hint of the boy who cried wolf.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

I expect the loan with for a fee and loan to buy market will gather pace in the next season or two as the agents look for a new revenue stream mid season after the panic buy/sell market has dried up.

Good point- this new professionalism in the Prem is drying up the easy money for agents which will make them even more voracious around players with Prem potential.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there pal. 

You want to some of the vile and nasty comments Ive heard at games at Ewood Park. I would be ban from this site instantly. 

So your comment people get behind everyone isnt true.

You clearly dont sit in Blackburn End N02 and N03 behind the goals do you? 

Both you and @Biz have heard vile abuse have you? It must have been so vile and abusive that two righteous and upstanding citizens couldn’t bring yourselves to repeat it and report it to stewards, which being so vile and abusive, would have been the right thing to do.

You are claiming that is was so vile and abusive you can’t repeat it... give us a clue... was it racist? Regarding his sexuality? Around any physical or mental condition? Maybe they incorrectly assumed his gender and verbally attacked him for it? Don’t tell me the pitchfork wielding, card carrying Klan member sat behind you attacked him for his religious or political views?!?!

I expect it far more likely that in a moment of frustration someone has questioned his footballing ability or the value for money he presents... probably with a swear word or two chucked in. I don’t doubt for a moment that someone has said something along the lines of ‘You’re a dick Brereton’... which J*B has clearly pointed out would get you a ban if Brereton was a member of this board... so you can exaggerate this vile abuse issue without getting into specifics, and spin a bit of stick into far more than it is.

If it is the case that he’s just got a bit of stick, you really do need to get a grip. You also need to stop running down and vilifying other fans.

If Brereton is so fragile, and has such good hearing, that an isolated comment or two when he does something wrong is having such a negative impact on him he might as well hang up his boots.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

For what it’s worth, you guys are doing a great job of modding.

I remember how I really struggled initially as a mod by implementing the new and stricter rules, particularly in the ICBINF section. Hellfire it was hard not making enemies, and we lost a lot of good posters then.

Luckily we’ve done rather well since, probably in part due to my no longer modding (been nearly 2 years now?), after getting really quite unfair and personal with posters I’ve no issue with in person.

It’s hard work, but done very well on here.

You are being very harsh on yourself there.

Think about what the club has been like for this last few years. Current mods have it easy now in comparison! :rover:

Fwiw, I completely stopped even looking in ICBINF a long time ago - I’ve not missed it one bit. A very easy place for anyone to make enemies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Both you and @Biz have heard vile abuse have you? It must have been so vile and abusive that two righteous and upstanding citizens couldn’t bring yourselves to repeat it and report it to stewards, which being so vile and abusive, would have been the right thing to do.

You are claiming that is was so vile and abusive you can’t repeat it... give us a clue... was it racist? Regarding his sexuality? Around any physical or mental condition? Maybe they incorrectly assumed his gender and verbally attacked him for it? Don’t tell me the pitchfork wielding, card carrying Klan member sat behind you attacked him for his religious or political views?!?!

I expect it far more likely that in a moment of frustration someone has questioned his footballing ability or the value for money he presents... probably with a swear word or two chucked in. I don’t doubt for a moment that someone has said something along the lines of ‘You’re a dick Brereton’... which J*B has clearly pointed out would get you a ban if Brereton was a member of this board... so you can exaggerate this vile abuse issue without getting into specifics, and spin a bit of stick into far more than it is.

If it is the case that he’s just got a bit of stick, you really do need to get a grip. You also need to stop running down and vilifying other fans.

If Brereton is so fragile, and has such good hearing, that an isolated comment or two when he does something wrong is having such a negative impact on him he might as well hang up his boots.

We really need to start a crowd funding effort for BRFCS's sensitive members so we can contribute to a nice box at the games so they can sit out of earshot of the random football crowd rabble.

I'm sure you never hear such things at other grounds after people have turned up, paid their hard earned then felt slightly underwhelmed at the lack of effort on the pitch by some who earn per week almost what they earn per year ?

• Like 3

Every player, especially a struggling player will get some verbals from a few folk in the crowd.

Always have, always will. Even future  title winner Jason ‘Handbag’ Wilcox used to get a load of it from the Riverside in his younger days.

From the vast majority of the ground, BB has been given time and support - much more than Kevin Davies did, for example.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Most players are applauded off?

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Depends what you consider to be "behind him." If its someone calling Brereton shit to their mate alongside them, thats not abuse. If its someone or some people groaning when a shot or a touch goes wrong, again thats not abuse. Him going off 5 minutes after skewing a shot out for a throw in, would surely be the perfect time to show a player they have not got the backing of the fans. Warm applause suggest that he does.

As @Stuart says you will get the odd idiot everywhere but that doesnt represent the whole fan base.

Why have you not replied to my earlier post to you about the attributes he has shown, about actual constructive analysis of the player?

Same reply applies to @chaddyrovers.

I know most players are applauded off but the point was I didn't think the majority at home to Newcastle got behind BB. There is a difference between abuse and being behind someone - I mean, I aint saying half the ground are baying for blood - I merely disagreed with the notion all is positive with him at Ewood. 

Case in point, the lads behind me. As I said, I couldn't write the words they used on here - and there was a palpable (over) reaction to everything he did. The fact that @gumboots is sarcastically suggesting the round of applause was relief sums up how many fans are seeing his impact thus far. I just think thats premature.

I did reply to the earlier post and question but did that stupid thing where I clicked next page before posting and it disappeared. To summarise what I said about his ability, the key part; - its too early to say exactly what he has or hasn't. Looks to strike a ball well (see preston/bournemouth disallowed goals) can run with the ball, looks strong, and gets into the right positions largely - if you read back, I also said I think he is second guessing most things at the moment, being used out of position and not quite up to the intensity that TM wants.

9 hours ago, 47er said:

You think they could then?

I take back what I said about politics. The two charlatans you mentioned have a huge hand in taking this country into a whirlwind of nonsensical arguments.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

All this from the bloke who was having a pop at fans the other day for not being criminally underwhelmed and criticising transfer business! If any fan wants to be racist or sexist, or any member of the public around me for that matter - they will be pulled up on it. I am not sure why you are belittling these issues, or even referencing them since I merely mentioned that some nasty comments I have heard towards his contributions wouldn't pass the swear filter on here! 

Again, I am not sure why you have made light of racism/sexism issues either. Those issues at Ewood aren't worth joking about, in fact ask @S8 & Blue what one of the lads behind me said about Kodja earlier in the year. That was reported to the stewards and club, and Id expect anyone including yourself to do the same if you hear racism, sexism and anything else like that at Ewood.

I said all fans aren't behind him. The swear filter probably wont let me type the regular comment from the bloke who sits directly behind me, thats not suggesting the player is impacted by his specific comments. However, if you can't hear the overall noise whenever he makes a mistake, loose pass, loses possession - id suggest getting some hearing aids - and if you think all 19 year old lads have thick skin for that - you'd be wrong.

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We really need to start a crowd funding effort for BRFCS's sensitive members so we can contribute to a nice box at the games so they can sit out of earshot of the random football crowd rabble.

I'm sure you never hear such things at other grounds after people have turned up, paid their hard earned then felt slightly underwhelmed at the lack of effort on the pitch by some who earn per week almost what they earn per year ?

Hold on, the comment was the fans are behind him. You cannot surely behind someone if you are standing up to shout abusive comments less than 5 minutes into a game after one bad pass. I am not insulted or upset by that either I am merely pointing out that moaning/groaning is an example of NOT being behind a player.

I think if we are accusing people of something - i.e. being over sensitive, It might be worth stopping reacting with such anger when anyone pulls you up for one of your daily assumptions.

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Every player, especially a struggling player will get some verbals from a few folk in the crowd.

Always have, always will. Even future  title winner Jason ‘Handbag’ Wilcox used to get a load of it from the Riverside in his younger days.

From the vast majority of the ground, BB has been given time and support - much more than Kevin Davies did, for example.

I am unsure how you've come to the conclusion Davies got it worse. For instance, Davies played 20 odd times for us, and I can't remember a single comment from the Riverside towards him. Remember plenty of "we're shit" commentary at the time, and I particularly remember Davies getting a lot of credit for the game against Charlton - which was one of the only wins in the first half of the season.

I don't remember swathes of fans standing up shouting specific "7m, your a shit @#/?, Davies" at his first misplaced pass 3 minutes into games. Maybe it is the area of the ground that I sit now, or perhaps its the empty seats that make single voices carry further.

Either way - all the comments above still don't change the initial retort and point - "at games, people get behind everyone" is simply untrue.

Edit - as you can see, the swear filter doesn't allow the word that is seemingly saved for Ben where I sit!

Edited by Biz

@Bizthe revisionist strikes again!

I pointed out a list of things that would constitute vile abuse... how is this belittling any of those things? The point is there are real issues... things like racism, but by getting all offended by a bit of swearing, and labelling same as vile abuse will only serve to trivialise real issues.

Collective crowd groan as Brereton gives the ball away... shocking that!!

• Like 2

@Biz Things change quickly in football the min he has a good game or notches the roof will probably come off it was similar with Davies, Grabbi, Wilcox etc.

For now though he'll just have to chalk it off as character building i'm afraid and hopefully IF he can actually hear these 'swathes' of hecklers he thinks i'll shut you up and ups his efforts a notch because that is needed.  Most fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt in the ground at the min so as long as it stays like that he'll be ok.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Biz said:

I know most players are applauded off but the point was I didn't think the majority at home to Newcastle got behind BB. There is a difference between abuse and being behind someone - I mean, I aint saying half the ground are baying for blood - I merely disagreed with the notion all is positive with him at Ewood. 

Sorry to pick out a snippet from a long, passionate post but this bit was the reply to me.

I’m not sure what you expect people to do to “get behind Brereton”. His poor form has gone on too long for people to be cheering him on for trying and “unlucky claps”. He genuinely looks a poor players. Plus there are times when he doesn’t even look like he is trying his hardest to get near the ball but rather ambling over strategically. Nuttall used to get similar criticism but he has upped his game - and got two goals on the back of that busting-a-gut-to-get-in-the-right-position mentality.

But what I don’t quite understand is why the fans are getting stick for Brereton not being lauded, yet Mowbray gets a free pass despite signing him, sanctioning such a value being paid, giving him so little game time to show his capabilities, and now dropping him to the status of unused sub. It’s not fans who are destroying Ben’s confidence but Mowbray himself. The lad must regret signing for us at this moment in time. We won’t even play him in the U23s! He’s caught in Catch-22 territory and is now relying on (bad) luck (for a teammate) to get back in the team. So unfortunate is young Brezza that he’ll probably finally get the nod for Monday’s reserve match only for it to be called off due to a frozen pitch!

If/when he gets a goal fans will be delighted. He is looking less and less likely to get one though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

According to a mate some bloke at Bramhall Lane was shouting abuse at Brereton as he warmed up on the touchline. 

Well that’s pretty definitive!

But to be honest I think I’m missing what the debate is here.

Which fans abuse Brereton...

- All fans?

- Most fans?

- A majority of fans?

- Half of the fans?

- A large proportion of fans?

- A small proportion of fans?

- Some fans?

- a handful of idiots?

- a couple of numpties?

- Some bloke my mate heard?

- Nobody really but if we can paint him as a victim then he’ll get more time/sympathy?

The fact is that we have an overpriced player who is well out of form and the fans are quite rightly sceptical rather than blindly clapping and cheering his every touch. Why we need to try to blame the fans for this one I don’t know.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well that’s pretty definitive!

But to be honest I think I’m missing what the debate is here.

Which fans abuse Brereton...

- All fans?

- Most fans?

- A majority of fans?

- Half of the fans?

- A large proportion of fans?

- A small proportion of fans?

- Some fans?

- a handful of idiots?

- a couple of numpties?

- Some bloke my mate heard?

- Nobody really but if we can paint him as a victim then he’ll get more time/sympathy?

The fact is that we have an overpriced player who is well out of form and the fans are quite rightly sceptical rather than blindly clapping and cheering his every touch. Why we need to try to blame the fans for this one I don’t know.

The Bramhall Lane incident was mentioned to me by said mate as he spoke of the need to step in and stop his 20 something lad from chinning the abuser.

Some fans are bell ends. They are often the sort that like to shout abuse at a teenager struggling for form and confidence. I wouldn't know what their reasoning or motivation is. Thankfully they are a minority.

17 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

The Bramhall Lane incident was mentioned to me by said mate as he spoke of the need to step in and stop his 20 something lad from chinning the abuser.

Some fans are bell ends. They are often the sort that like to shout abuse at a teenager struggling for form and confidence. I wouldn't know what their reasoning or motivation is. Thankfully they are a minority.

No disagreement there. Some people in general are bell ends. That’s life.

Doesn’t mean that Brereton isn’t bring given a fair chance by fans.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Anyone know how much Britt Assombolonga is on at Boro? 

No idea, I've moved on to wanting to see a league table of who reports the most posts on here.

It could be monetized, maybe our main sponsors could get involved.

Is 'snowflakes' an ok word?

Any sign of Spring coming early.

Not too long until the Summer window.

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Most people get behind him. A few loudmouths don’t.

The problem with that scenario is loudmouths are heard, the majority are not. Not that I disagree, I am not arguing that there is a majority of people being overly critical, or vociferously vocal towards the lad.

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

@Bizthe revisionist strikes again!

I pointed out a list of things that would constitute vile abuse... how is this belittling any of those things? The point is there are real issues... things like racism, but by getting all offended by a bit of swearing, and labelling same as vile abuse will only serve to trivialise real issues.

Collective crowd groan as Brereton gives the ball away... shocking that!!

In one sentence - you mentioned mental, racial and sexual insults, and then a "gender appropriation" joke about someone being insulted for "wrongly assuming his gender".

I personally probably wouldn't associate racism/sexism and mental health awareness with non-issues because that, coincidentally (from my point of view) is what trivialises actual problems in society - and in a football stadium!

This is about the idea I disagreed with the notion "everybody is supported at Ewood", its not about me being offended.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

@Biz Things change quickly in football the min he has a good game or notches the roof will probably come off it was similar with Davies, Grabbi, Wilcox etc.

For now though he'll just have to chalk it off as character building i'm afraid and hopefully IF he can actually hear these 'swathes' of hecklers he thinks i'll shut you up and ups his efforts a notch because that is needed.  Most fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt in the ground at the min so as long as it stays like that he'll be ok.

Agree - however most fans wasn't the comment.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sorry to pick out a snippet from a long, passionate post but this bit was the reply to me.

I’m not sure what you expect people to do to “get behind Brereton”. His poor form has gone on too long for people to be cheering him on for trying and “unlucky claps”. He genuinely looks a poor players. Plus there are times when he doesn’t even look like he is trying his hardest to get near the ball but rather ambling over strategically. Nuttall used to get similar criticism but he has upped his game - and got two goals on the back of that busting-a-gut-to-get-in-the-right-position mentality.

But what I don’t quite understand is why the fans are getting stick for Brereton not being lauded, yet Mowbray gets a free pass despite signing him, sanctioning such a value being paid, giving him so little game time to show his capabilities, and now dropping him to the status of unused sub. It’s not fans who are destroying Ben’s confidence but Mowbray himself. The lad must regret signing for us at this moment in time. We won’t even play him in the U23s! He’s caught in Catch-22 territory and is now relying on (bad) luck (for a teammate) to get back in the team. So unfortunate is young Brezza that he’ll probably finally get the nod for Monday’s reserve match only for it to be called off due to a frozen pitch!

If/when he gets a goal fans will be delighted. He is looking less and less likely to get one though.

I don't need the majority or most fans to get behind anyone, they will react positively at most games anyway. It is the minority of those singling out him for criticism. For example; His "poor" form is stretching the truth to some extent - from my point of view at least. Surely form is only something you can take from consistent appearances in a preferred position?

I know you'd give the claps and support in the ground like I do, but there are plenty who share your opinion on his ability, and thus share it with the rest of the ground..! I mean to suggest he will probably never score, 5 months and 1 league start into his career. Bit unfair really. Especially when he has had two chalked off for offside.

I think you make a good point about Nuttall's improvment though- but I don't think he has ever had stick in the ground, has he? 

Even when the ball bounces off him for 60 minutes. We both know the reason comes down to goals - always the imperial measurement of strikers. He does get some criticism on here due to his limited technical ability - but you can see that training in our system for much longer, working hard with Johnson in the u23s and being given a chance has brought his level up. Nuttall looks stronger, fitter and more switched on - does that not also bode well for giving Brereton time, isn't there a good chance he will improve in a similar way?

Have you ever considered that signing Ben has actually helped that process for Nuttall too? Competition for places in the 18 is as good as its been since pre-venkys in my opinion, something you cannot seem to give Mowbray any credit for. 

You are criticising him for dropping his own signing and using Nuttall (also someone he signed, albeit with DJ's input) instead - we both know you'd be criticising Mowbray if he'd loaned out Nuttall and stuck with Ben. I have never understood this priority to find criticism.