BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

I think if we somehow manage to keep our current squad together (including Lenihan, Dack and Rodwell), sign Reed, add a winger, a left back and find a genuine 20+ goal striker we will go into next season as expected to make play offs.

Think we will really struggle to keep Dack and Lenihan though. Likely to get major bids. If Travis keeps performing we will be fighting to keep him also. Also finding a top striker is very difficult.

On the other hand Reed looks doable as while very good he doesn't seem out of our league, but depends on the sort of fee Saints want. 

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think if we somehow manage to keep our current squad together (including Lenihan, Dack and Rodwell), sign Reed, add a winger, a left back and find a genuine 20+ goal striker we will go into next season as expected to make play offs.

Think we will really struggle to keep Dack and Lenihan though. Likely to get major bids. If Travis keeps performing we will be fighting to keep him also. Also finding a top striker is very difficult.

On the other hand Reed looks doable as while very good he doesn't seem out of our league, but depends on the sort of fee Saints want. 

Agreed. I think this illustrates the importance of building on a good nucleus now, rather than delaying and-inevitably-having to build from a weaker base...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Any chance that Vincent Janssen would drop down to the Championship? Pochettino has said many times that he wants to get rid in january. I actually thought that he was older, but he is only 24.

Not for 10kper week he won't. 

Someone abroad will take him on sooner or later.

23 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Off topic but seeing as your up, there's a blood moon developing just now, at its best in about 20 minutes, cloudy down here unfortunately

Damn, thanks for trying but didn't read this until the next day. Luckily I saw it perfectly in Greece in the summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

When does this so called 'transfer window' actually open shut? Not holding my breath for any significant or meaningful incomings or outgoings at this stage, anyway.

Give you a guess of when the 'January Transfer Window' shuts ;)