BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

I don't know why but I find the potential of a Gallagher return quite cathartic. I remember the sight of him throwing himself in to everything in the last game for us, and the shot of him in the tunnel watching the end of the Birmingham game to see our fate confirmed. He had a home club to fall back on but he was playing for the shirt he had on at the time.

In a sense it feels like Mowbray getting the chance to replay that season from the start and doing it his way - and right now it's working wonders. Plus hoovering up all these England youth players isn't to be sniffed at, I guess. Yes, yes, paying for "potential" and all that but we're in a good position so if they're willing to buckle down, work hard and wait for their chance to shine then why not?

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No need for that Stuart. 

The board has been extremely amicable and getting back to the old days in recent weeks.

Disagreements, banter but nothing personal, and it has been noted by others.

The challenge now is to keep it that way.

• Like 3

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Where have you heard that about Nuttall? I really hope you are wrong. 

Why that's exactly what he needs, a good run in a team. To be tested at a decent level and see how he has matured. If Gallagher comes in then he should go on loan somewhere until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Why that's exactly what he needs, a good run in a team. To be tested at a decent level and see how he has matured. If Gallagher comes in then he should go on loan somewhere until the end of the season.

Send Brereton. He is the one that needs game time and confidence. Excited if we get Gallagher back. Always thought he gave 100% when he was last here. 

• Like 8

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Send Brereton. He is the one that needs game time and confidence. Excited if we get Gallagher back. Always thought he gave 100% when he was last here. 

Tbh that's what they both need but we need some cover. I'd be happy for either to go

Agree about gallagher. Good pro and a good player that will only get better

Edited by Oldgregg86

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The board has been extremely amicable and getting back to the old days in recent weeks.

Disagreements, banter but nothing personal, and it has been noted by others.

The challenge now is to keep it that way.

Ive read the board last night and today before logging back in. 

But Ive posted nothing personal tho Stuart so I dont see why you posted what you did

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not, really. We only lost by a goal and had chances to win it. 

I will admit that if we played our first choice 11 we would have probably won and if we really needed to win the game we should have. 

Look anyway, we all now know it was part of Mowbrays long plan for this season... 

We did really need to win. Promotion was secured, and a win was crucial to winning a league title!

It was mainly the attitude of Mowbray pre-match. He seemed like it wasnt that big of a deal. Blackburn Rovers winning a league title, not that big of a deal.

The most puzzling aspect of the side he picked was that it wasnt even one with this season in mind. Token starts to Caddis as a wing back after months on the sidelines and also Payne as a false 9 with Graham on the bench were bizarre.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We did really need to win. Promotion was secured, and a win was crucial to winning a league title!

It was mainly the attitude of Mowbray pre-match. He seemed like it wasnt that big of a deal. Blackburn Rovers winning a league title, not that big of a deal.

The most puzzling aspect of the side he picked was that it wasnt even one with this season in mind. Token starts to Caddis as a wing back after months on the sidelines and also Payne as a false 9 with Graham on the bench were bizarre.

I was disappointed when I saw the team, but I got over it pretty quickly and it hadn't bothered me since. 

Give me 2nd in league 1 and our current position ahead of the league 1 title and where Wigan are now any day of the week. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was disappointed when I saw the team, but I got over it pretty quickly and it hadn't bothered me since. 

Give me 2nd in league 1 and our current position ahead of the league 1 title and where Wigan are now any day of the week. 

How about league one champions and where we are now in the league .

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does it still matters?

The aim of last season was promotion. It was achieved. Winning the league title doesnt have affect on this season does it?

Where are Wigan now? 

• Like 2

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

How about league one champions and where we are now in the league .

To be honest promotion was all that mattered last season. Just like this season. First, second or through the play offs. I couldn't care less which one.  Anyone of them will be mission accomplished. Just like last season. 

Does anyone care that we didn't win division 1 under Souness? 

Anyway, these conversations are ultimately pointless. What's done is done, it's water under the bridge now. 

• Like 2

At the end of the day, nobody wants to be competing for the league 1 trophy. 

Those who claim its important-name the last 10 winners. Actually who won it the season before Wigan? I am sure Rotherham have won a few, Burton too. I just don't care. It's a nothing trophy. The prize is promotion. 

We should be looking up, not down. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What sort of hypothetical situation is that? It only has any meaning if winning the league has any knock on effect the season after. It doesnt. The argument is seperate to both getting promoted, as that was already secured, and anything to do with this season.

Guess it rankles more when you pay to travel down to London, and for a ticket.

I dont understand it at all. We do not win any league titles very often. Its not dismissing the overall good job Mowbray has done so I dont understand the defensive nature of these posts. It is also not a scathing criticism of finishing 2nd being not good enough. Promotion is irrelevant to the argument, at that point it was guaranteed. It is about NOT BEING THAT BOTHERED as to whether we won the league or not. There was a week and a half of the season to go, 2 more pushes and we could have been champions.

And @chaddyrovers it was brought up by someone who is defending Mowbray for it, lets be clear.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why does it still matters?

The aim of last season was promotion. It was achieved. Winning the league title doesnt have affect on this season does it?

Where are Wigan now? 

Neither does winning the premier league in 95. What's your point