BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Just now, Madon said:

PS, if none of these come off I'm going into hiding for 20 years.  Please don't shoot the messenger?

Honestly we are just glad that you’re sharing what you know. Nothing better than a spicy transfer thread!

• Like 3

Also, Samuel has been mentioned once or twice. Hopefully he will be moved on in the summer, an opinion I held even prior to a serious injury.

Lets not make his absence allow us to forget he isnt of the quality to push us forward, a player who failed to score after November in League 1.

• Like 2

• Backroom

In fairness I think it's absolutely bizarre too if we're going for both Assombalonga and Gallagher..

I suppose both can play wide if needed and Chapman looks pretty certain to be coming in and going straight back out on loan. 

Exciting nonetheless!

5 hours ago, Biz said:

It is dismissive of the achievement. To suggest the “gaze” on Tony should return minutes after that result, it’s like pulling a worldie and moaning that she’s not rich. We get it, certain people prejudged Mowbray and simply cannot accept that they are wrong. It happens a lot, look at Rev’s comments yesterday. As Khod aptly put, it Graham (or Bennett) saves him from drowning, he’d moan about him getting wet.

I also didn’t bring it up either, learn to read, it was justification of complaint from someone else. The same person who ironically talks about others being antagonists when he simply trots out new ridiculous complaints on a 24 hour rolling system.

As for “would I loan him out?” Well to be honest I wouldn’t but I don’t know the lads fitness or mindset. Does it make sense to take Harry long term? Definitely for me, and if the idea is to get him a STARTING berth, with the fitness and experience that comes with - maybe it’s a sensible idea for his and our future?

We will have to agree to disagree that there was more (negative) focus around the surrender of the league title than the (positive) focus around promotion. There was a full house v Oxford and it was forgotten about.

If you choose to believe that there are hoardes of fans who dislike Mowbray, who arent behind him (the fan base is united behind him) or who didnt appreciate the promotion, or whatever exactly you are suggesting, then thats your issue.

For me though, if hes fit obviously then hes in our 18 man squad every week. Making him too important to loan out. I would have more faith in him starting than Mowbray seems to (was superb when he started v Portsmouth and the pressing he showed for our first that day would have been right at home here yesterday) but even if he failed to dislodge the Dack, Graham, Armstrong attack that most would struggle to remove, then he would be my first sub, above Rothwell, above Nuttall, above Brereton. The one that would end up not making 18's who has struggled for game time and form anyway would be Brereton, who would be perfect to loan out if the club could swallow its pride and let him for the good of his development.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Jesus, we're signing Assombolonga?

I know Madon has a good source but I just can't see this one happening.

I can't see it myself mate in all honesty, surely it would blow the wage structure wide open. 

The source has been bang on though so I'm not doubting them just yet.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I genuinely don’t believe it. Surely not.

Pulis headstrong enough to sell him. Venky's rich enough to buy him but beyond that seems somewhat remarkable to say the least.

He has never played in the Premier so maybe his wages are within reach.

1 minute ago, Madon said:

In fairness I think it's absolutely bizarre too if we're going for both Assombalonga and Gallagher..

I suppose both can play wide if needed and Chapman looks pretty certain to be coming in and going straight back out on loan. 

Exciting nonetheless!

Gallagher can not play wide and Assombolonga I have never seen play wide.

6 minutes ago, Madon said:

Exciting nonetheless!

It would only really make sense if Dack is going and Mowbray has decided to play 2 up front rather than find a number 10 to directly replace him. I assume Assombalonga is a permanent deal (as I can see what Boro gain by loaning him out) and selling Dack would help fund what would have to be a decent fee and wages to get Assombalonga.

Edited by Ewood Ace