BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

so yet again Mercer, you cannot back it up. what a shocking. :lol:

typical Mercer, all talk and no action 

last season we were league 1 club and didn't have a overseas scouting network. over the past 6 months we have been putting this into place as a club as Mowbray as said. 

Maupay moved to Brentford in summer 2017 and Adams moved in Birmingham in summer 2016. Pukki signed for Norwich. They have vast knowledge of the German market due to Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke. 

You keep coming us with so many conspiracy theories its time you joined forces with Jesse Venture and take part in his  show Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. 

You cannot resist a dig at Mowbray and Brereton at every opportunity. Wonder why? 

we are 8th with a front 4 who cost less than 4 million pounds. Reed(loan), Dack(750k), Armstrong(1.8 million raising to 3 mil with adds ons),, Graham)free)

With a 7m striker unable to get into the team but sat on the bench collecting dust, im not sure that is as much of a good achievement as you make out haha.

• Backroom
Just now, Butty said:

It sounds as though he’s going on loan too whoever will pay the highest percentage of his wages. I can’t see that being us Madon? 

I'm just going off the fact I know there was a meeting between Waggott and Assombalongs representatives at some point early this week. Fact.

That's all I have at the minute. 

I was doubting it would happen this afternoon after the Lancs telegraph article, but now Gallagher is on the bench tonight I reckon that's dead in the water. 

Assombalonga or nothing IMO, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

With a 7m striker unable to get into the team but sat on the bench collecting dust, im not sure that is as much of a good achievement as you make out haha.

*ahem*

WE HAVEN’T PAID £7M FOR BRERETON.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

When you were saying ‘70% done’, what did you mean?

And any further on that figure?

No idea, it's the exact wording that I was told so shared it on here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'm just going off the fact I know there was a meeting between Waggott and Assombalongs representatives at some point early this week. Fact.

That's all I have at the minute. 

I was doubting it would happen this afternoon after the Lancs telegraph article, but now Gallagher is on the bench tonight I reckon that's dead in the water. 

Assombalonga or nothing IMO, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

thanks for sharing. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

what the rush? 

Mowbray has picked the team on form and playing well and are 8th after being promoted last season.

Mowbray has said what his plan was with Brereton from moment 1. But fans like you ignore what Mowbray has said cos you think you know better for some reason. Mowbray's words were time and patience 

28 minutes ago, Madon said:

No idea, it's the exact wording that I was told so shared it on here.

Sorry if I've missed it, but have you heard anything about Austin?

Ex-dingle aside, for me it would make a lot of sense, if there's no loan fee. Even paying his full wages until the end of the season wouldn't be super crazy to push us into serious play off contenders. Surely it could be justified to the lads (even checked over with them beforehand if need be) by saying look, this could be the push we need to get you all to the promised land and better contracts/profile. It's a temporary short term gamble. It's a contract another club gave him, that we will temporarily service in the hope of a huge pay off, but we're not paying anything like those wages for long term commitments. Are you all up for it?

He has proven pedigree in this league and even the Prem, moreso than anyone else in the squad. Surely it couldn't be that hard to justify it to them?

Edit - admittedly DG might not be too keen as, while BA and SG can run the channels if need be, if we play one up front it's gonna be either Danny or Charlie.

Edited by bluebruce

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what the rush? 

Mowbray has picked the team on form and playing well and are 8th after being promoted last season.

Mowbray has said what his plan was with Brereton from moment 1. But fans like you ignore what Mowbray has said cos you think you know better for some reason. Mowbray's words were time and patience 

Do you realise how you sound when you say things like that?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what the rush? 

My point was not suggesting that Brereton should be in the team. Although some fans are capable of having opinions contrary to the manager on certain things...

My point was that you showing how cheaply our front 4 was assembled is a slight doctoring of the truth in that we spent plenty of money on our attackers when you factor in the cost of Brereton aswell.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if you’ve written him off already - how does the Brereton signing negate the fact that we’ve made some cracking signings that many teams would be jealous of?

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Haven’t we just signed a virtually unheard of Gibraltan? 

Such a left-field signing.

A full international.

Young.

Tall.

It’s about as close as you can get to Europe without being able to call it a foreign signing. If Brexit results in us losing Gibraltar to the Spanish he’ll be on his way!

Not much to say until we’ve seen him play. Another one for the future, along with Brezza, Lyons and Chappers. January is a strange time to be bringing in players who won’t contribute this season.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Do you realise how you sound when you say things like that?

Its the way it is. Put me on ignore if you dont like it

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was not suggesting that Brereton should be in the team. Although some fans are capable of having opinions contrary to the manager on certain things...

My point was that you showing how cheaply our front 4 was assembled is a slight doctoring of the truth in that we spent plenty of money on our attackers when you factor in the cost of Brereton aswell.

I said starting front 4 at the minute. 

Have the opinions you want. The man thats count told you all from day 1 what would happen. Sadly you.ignored it

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Maupay would had been a good choice!

Brentford want 14 million pounds. 

Way out of our price range