BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

If Leicester City can be signing Youri Tielemens for £20m, nothing is impossible today! 

All quiet at Ewood. They haven't even gritted the car parks in anticipation ?!

Curious, on a 19 game loan, would people prefer Sam Gallagher or Rudy Gestede?

I think I'd prefer Gestede. Loved him when he was here, and if DG got injured, I think Gestede would be the better replacement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

If Leicester City can be signing Youri Tielemens for £20m, nothing is impossible today! 

All quiet at Ewood. They haven't even gritted the car parks in anticipation ?!

Curious, on a 19 game loan, would people prefer Sam Gallagher or Rudy Gestede?

Gallagher, at least he'll be fit to play.

1 minute ago, Madon said:

I think I'd prefer Gestede. Loved him when he was here, and if DG got injured, I think Gestede would be the better replacement.

I was reading a long article about him in " The Guardian " at the start of this season. He's had his fair share of injury problems since he left Rovers. I'd have the Rudy that played for us back in a flash but that ship has sailed I'm afraid.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher, at least he'll be fit to play.

Yep, at his best Gestede would be far better but not sure if he's anywhere near his best these days and would probably never be out of the treatment room.

Wouldn't be overly enamoured with either. We could do with a real Steve Archibald moment to get everyone excited.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Leo Bonatini from Wolves is close to a loan deal with Forest.

Good for Forest, very much a one touch finisher.

Would be next to useless in our current set up.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not Rovers related but Peter Crouch having a medical  at Burnley ahead of permanent deal. Vokes going to Stoke on a permanent deal.

Pretty desperate piece of business for the Dingles. How old is Crouch?

38 years old!!

So after dismissing Austin due to being injury prone and Gallagher for his poor goal record  Rovers fans have since recommended Hogan, Gestede and Bonatini.

Hogan: 33 games in 3 years

Gestede: 37 starts in 3 and a half years

Bonatini: No goals in last 30 games.

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not Rovers related but Peter Crouch having a medical  at Burnley ahead of permanent deal. Vokes going to Stoke on a permanent deal.

38 the other day.....

I fear Madon's updates, as appreciated as they are, are going to make today a lot more painful for some than it would have been without knowing about BA. 

I'm contented either way, nice to be linked with the best players in the league again and we have filled in a hole with a very exciting prospect in Chapman, Blackburn Rovers life is good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suppose it will depend on if he can help keep them up.  If he does then it will be well worth it if it means another season of Premier League money flooding in.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

So what does that mean? The window has been a failure? If we tried then that suggests we wanted to bring one or more people in, no success suggests we were unable to achieve what we wanted.

If the player we wanted is not available then there is little point in spending money just for the sake of it.  We've been down that road before.  Since Mowbray and Waggot only deal with Mr. and Mrs. Desai, according to what we've been told, there seems to be a far more sensible approach to transfer activities - although obviously the jury is still out on Brereton.  Personally, I wouldn't be too disappointed to see out the season with what we have already.  Although I'd loved to be proved wrong I honestly don't see us as serious promotion candidates nor have I ever thought we would go down.  

58 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t see anything happening, doesn’t feel like anything is close with valuations, wages and other clubs interested in all our supposed targets the stumbling blocks. Shame, still it was nice for a while, actually felt like a semi big club again dining at the top table of transfer targets 

Thats rovers all over..not much ambition. Its spread to a lot of supporters too

• Like 2