BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There are duds and gems in equal measure wherever you look, my point was that its better to choose from a bigger pool and that English playees can be overpriced (Brereton a prime example) and was shot down for it as if it was a character assassination on Mowbray. Even he has admitted it today. Obviously it is still difficult and risky to find the right players wherever you look but at least you arent seemingly focusing on predominantly ex loanees.

People seem to think that those championing widening our recruitment scope as basing it only on successful signings from abroad but that is nonsense.

The Portugal example you give is flawed in that it was obviously not all above board.

I never said we shouldn't look abroad. So not sure what you are arguing with me about there. 

There aren't duds and gems in equal measure. There are far more duds. 

Personally I'm disappointed we've not been able to go for Gallagher. I don't want to see us dropping totally unsustainable amounts of money signings. I doubt we'll go up this year. Still could. But we've got our club back. We have pride. Mowbray values the club rather than short term success which is very rare for a manager. Hopefully the summer is better. But I think we've got it pretty good

As a slight aside, I hate all this last day hysteria... created by and for sky TV!

North End have played a blinder this window. Done some good business early on and picked up 7 point from their last 3 games with those new signings being instrumental.

Just now, Miller11 said:

As a slight aside, I hate all this last day hysteria... created by and for sky TV!

North End have played a blinder this window. Done some good business early on and picked up 7 point from their last 3 games with those new signings being instrumental.

And we've signed none and took 12 from the last 4 games ;) 

Just now, Tormund said:

Did everyone book the day off today? I can’t keep up!

I rang in sick ..told them ive got Madonitis ..they said that's a made up disease !  I said its not ..just check out the forum on BRFCS ..theres loads that have contracted it !

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I have no doubt that Mowbray is trying to build for the future and good on him. However, the fact remains that the owners could pull the rug out from under him and all of us at a moment's notice. I'll always feel that we're one step away from disaster with Venky's at the helm, irrespective of the manager. If Mowbray is still here in five years time and noticeable progress has been made across the club then maybe it'll be time to reconsider. In the meantime the 8+ years of mostly misery under Venky's remains at the forefront of my thoughts in relation to all things Rovers - as sad as that is!

All the more reason to be cautious, pragmatic and edge towards self sustaining.

It’s a large part of the reason I have so much respect for Mowbray - he puts the long term health of the club over personal career building short term success a la Karanka.

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I rang in sick ..told them ive got Madonitis ..they said that's a made up disease !  I said its not ..just check out the forum on BRFCS ..theres loads that have contracted it !

Too early. 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

All the more reason to be cautious, pragmatic and edge towards self sustaining.

It’s a large part of the reason I have so much respect for Mowbray - he puts the long term health of the club over personal career building short term success a la Karanka.

Or (devil's advocate mode) does he deliberately downplay expectations and set modest targets and talk about long term plans  etc to keep himself in a job as long as possible until such point as we realise some considerable way down the line we're not actually making any progress?

I'm not sure how you can plan to improve gradually bit by bit. It assumes that no-one else will be improving at all which obviously won't be the case. At best, what other Clubs do is totally out of your control and overall you might be moving backwards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

So Huddersfield, Fulham, possibly the Dingles, Cardiff are all bigger than Leeds, Sheffield Utd, Derby,?

Right o

With parachute money there still better placed than us. Who out the three you mentioned have a better team than fulham, Huddersfield and burnley

Edited by Oldgregg86

30 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Personally I'm disappointed we've not been able to go for Gallagher. I don't want to see us dropping totally unsustainable amounts of money signings. I doubt we'll go up this year. Still could. But we've got our club back. We have pride. Mowbray values the club rather than short term success which is very rare for a manager. Hopefully the summer is better. But I think we've got it pretty good

Really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madon said:

Haha, no, but it's not looking great at the moment is it. ☹️

It is what it is mate. There are so many variables and complications in transfers that they can be derailed for lots of reasons. It used to be a relatively simple business but with the advent of agents there are many hoops to jump through.

Thanks for sharing the information and showing a good sense of humour.

• Like 3