BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not much happening anywhere it seems. The Sky sports news reporters will have their work cut out making this sound exciting up until 11. Quick, someone grab a massive purple dildo and head down to Turf moor 

I've got one! I'm on my way.

Stoke City striker Peter Crouch celebrates his goal against Preston

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not much happening anywhere it seems. The Sky sports news reporters will have their work cut out making this sound exciting up until 11. Quick, someone grab a massive purple dildo and head down to Turf moor 

Eh? Players being signed up and down the championship.

• Like 1

As cliched as it sounds Travis and Nuttall have been like new signings, Rodwell too to some extent, all have added depth to the team. 

Combine that with 4 league wins on the bounce and we're  two/three more wins off ensuring (at worst) another season in the Championship has made our January pretty successful without having to take a big financial risk in this transfer window.

30/01/18 - Rovers 3-1 Walsall - Graham 2 and Dack to go 2nd in League One.

31/01/19 - Rovers sit 3 points off the Championship playoff places...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"We've been quoted ridiculous salary levels and amounts of money for players" Mowbray on the possibility of incomings at #Rovers before 11pm https://t.co/DXNCBuiGIK

So we are waiting for the price to come down on Assomabalonga? Could be waiting a while. All eyes on boro.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

As cliched as it sounds Travis and Nuttall have been like new signings, Rodwell too to some extent, all have added depth to the team. 

Combine that with 4 league wins on the bounce and we're  two/three more wins off ensuring (at worst) another season in the Championship has made our January pretty successful without having to take a big financial risk in this transfer window.

30/01/18 - Rovers 3-1 Walsall - Graham 2 and Dack to go 2nd in League One.

31/01/19 - Rovers sit 3 points off the Championship playoff places...

I can see where you're coming from, clearly this is results business and results of late have been very good, but I don't think that those 4 or 5 games should detract from the bigger picture. If we have a medium to long term plan I would expect to see signings to fit into that irrespective of how we've performed over January.

Likewise if we finish the season with a winning run and end up in 7th missing the play-offs on goal difference I wouldn't expect us to put our feet up for the summer on the basis we've done well and don't need any more.

This talk from Mowbray about the players he wants being way, way too expensive isn't good. If we've spent January pursuing players who are way out of our budget then we're wasting our time.

That's that then. Downing and Palmer out and Chapman, who won't be fit for a couple of months in. So arguably finishing the window slightly weaker. Hopefully another academy player can step up if we have injuries.

• Like 2

We kept all of our best players. Lost 1 back up defender but we are well cover there. On Palmer,.he was barely playing. Not good enough for us. But was never going to take Dack place in the side. 

We now have Rothwell playing more and up front we have enough. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Tom said:

BA is the one I would want out of the 3, Gallagher the least exciting but has age and potential

Akinfenwa May come in to teach a few of the lads how to bulk up 

Read that as I was booking a British Airways ticket on the other laptop!