BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said players were being signed "up and down the championship" I show you that 4 transfers have been confirmed, You then move the goalpost and say "revisit after 11pm" Comical! 

My twitter feed says there are many more to come today 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I also read that Middlesbrough were showing interest in Jacob Murphy up at Nuke. It seems like they're looking for a winger or attacking forward of some description (I think they were also looking at Freeman in the summer), so that probably does mean Assombalonga will be out on loan for the remainder of the season. It's just a matter of where.

I can see a team like Derby throwing money at it for their promotion push. If it's true that 'Boro want Assombalonga's wages paid in full, and nobody has been agreeable to that, yet, then they will probably hold out until 10pm and then make concessions.

Assombalonga might be worth a cheeky revisit at that point, but I reckon other clubs would offer more than we have.

Yes, it would appear that Boro want rid but want someone in first.

Mowbray will (and probably rightly) see it as too soon to strengthen and push for promotion, but he wasn't here through the Bowyer years when we always seemed to be within touching distance of the play offs but never quite got there.

Sometimes you just have to go for it if the opportunities there but Mowbray doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

Apart from that one risky expensive signing of the player who shalt not be named, which seemed totally out of character for him. Who knows he may have another dabble if Venkys let him.

Little bit more from Mowbray on the wages Rovers have been quoted this month.  "In January the numbers seem ridiculously high for the players we’ve asked about, particularly players in our division. I didn’t know they (those salary levels) existed I would have to say. “Yet, there they are, that’s what you’re quoted and you have to put in to some sort of realism that we’re miles short salary levels of what some clubs are paying their players."