BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

17 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Dan James in at Leeds. £1.5m loan deal rising to around £10m if promoted. Smart bit of business. James on the left and Jack Clarke on the right gives massive options. Rip some full backs another ring piece.

Jack Clarke as good as some have been making out? Seems very decent, but I haven't really seen enough to work out if he's worth the hype or not.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Talksport just reported Austin turned down a permanent move to a championship club as he didn’t want the step down. 

So he’d have turned us down even if we could afford it. Hopefully this somehow makes people feel better.

He might have actually turned us down, Dingle bastard.

Ehh, I'd guess it's simply BA's unhappy at Middlesbrough (and Pulis doesn't like him much), so his agent tried to make the rounds. Rovers showed some interest (as you would with BA's name bandied about). Let's say we've got a spare £10k/wk lying around with Palmer gone and we indicated we were willing to go up to £15k/wk to bring BA in on loan. Then when the agent relays this to Middlesbrough, they went 'what?! **** that, they need to pay his full £40k/wk!' (or whatever he's one). End of story. Probably similar with Austin, if he was ever in the cards.

Meh, it happens. Could probably only happen if Middlesbrough is desperate to get any portion of his wages off the books, but I doubt they're in dire financial straits...

And looks like Gallagher's back in contention at Southampton and his wages/asking fee was always going to be a stumbling block for a player who's not necessarily a sure thing (or at least a player that's not worth the wage he's currently on and has no incentive to drop his wage down now).

Oh well.

(Oliver Byrne... *sniff*... we hardly knew ya :(  Surely that frees up enough wages to bring in BA?!)

41 minutes ago, Butty said:

Close the thread, our window is over. Positives: The squad as it is has got us currently three points outside the playoffs, and we’ve added Chapman to the mix too. Negatives: If we were serious about the playoffs, adding a striker of quality would have been a real statement of intent. I think we were in dreamland thinking we’d have pulled Assombalonga off. (Thanks for that madon ;)

It’s never over until it’s over.  Wait for the fat lady to sing.

38 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Dan James in at Leeds. £1.5m loan deal rising to around £10m if promoted. Smart bit of business. James on the left and Jack Clarke on the right gives massive options. Rip some full backs another ring piece.

aviary-image-1548958429948.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

If Rovers want a Big striker theres three strikers scoring 15 goals in league one in James Collins, Kieffer Moore and Tom Eaves!!

Not sure Nuttall would score that..

Marquis is a better option than them all IMO. Wouldn't torture yourself, nothing is happening so I'd make your peace with it now. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, neophox said:

If Rovers want a Big striker theres three strikers scoring 15 goals in league one in James Collins, Kieffer Moore and Tom Eaves!!

So you think they're better players than Charlie Austin, who you're happy we aren't getting?

Just now, neophox said:

They all remind me of when people where suggesting Omar Bogle.

Just now, neophox said:

A Dingle ?

I couldn’t care less, I once met him on a night out down Burnley a few years ago and he was an absolute knob and I’m pretty sure he was taking coke in the toilets. But if he’d have got us in to the play offs and got us up who honestly cares? Come on Neo..

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you pay £10m for Austin with his recent injury record?

No but if we could have arranged a loan deal till the end of the season it would have been a great deal. Ex dingle or not! 

Edited by Butty