BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really think absence has made the heart grow fonder on this one, must be because we have had so much rubbish since. He is a big lumbering oaf of a player, always prone for giving away pens/free kicks, needed a week to turn whenever we played a nippy striker, wasn’t fast, in fact only thing he was goodfor was getting his big square heed on a ball in the air. Had to suffer his performances for Blackburn and Scotland way too much. Give me a Michael Keane or a minus last 2 months Shane Duffy before grunt anyday

I disagree, I was annoyed when he was sold because he was our best player at the time.

When he came into the team, we were a Premier League side very much in disarray and he was very raw when he came in but during our time in the Championship he matured into a very good centre back at this level. I felt like he ironed out his clumsiness and massively reduced his proneness to errors, and was also far more intelligent than people gave him credit for, he was a master at winning a free kick when under pressure for one.

Shane Duffy is an established Premier League centre back but here I felt that Hanley was better here. Both made the right decision to leave but we would love them back.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Shane Duffy is an established Premier League centre back but here I felt that Hanley was better here. Both made the right decision to leave but we would love them back.

Aye, but for all our champagne tastes, we still only have brown ale pockets these days. Has Chris Samba got anything left in the locker? He'd certainly put the fear of gawd into a few front (and back) lines at this level?

Any update on the lad from Charlton? 

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Is Chapman fit ?

Not enough to be included in matchday 18 straight away, I remember Mowbray saying. Will probably need time either in u23s or on loan. Looks certain to come though, esp now Boro signed van la Parra.

Edited by Heinz

48 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Aye, but for all our champagne tastes, we still only have brown ale pockets these days. Has Chris Samba got anything left in the locker? He'd certainly put the fear of gawd into a few front (and back) lines at this level?

Any update on the lad from Charlton? 

Sambas had a few punts at this level and more or less flopped plus he'd probably still demand a huge wedge to pay his gambling debts, seriously wasted talent there.

On the Duffy, Hanley, Samba debate. 

Samba was by far the best of the 3. He could have been a top player at a big club if he didn't go to Russia.

I would rate Duffy ahead of Hanley. Both have their weaknesses, but I think Duffy is quicker, taller and more of a threat in the opposition box. 

PS no need to say he is a threat in ours. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I see some clubs - Sheff Utd and WBA - have already strengthened with loan signings ready for when the window opens tomorrow. You’d bloody hope we’re not far behind in our recruitment given the defensive monstrosities we’ve witnessed this season.

No chance.  We will be waiting for the players to magically become available on Jan 31st.

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've not seen the interview but Rovers Twitter has a tweet which suggests we might see Gladwin back soon, he'll be like a new signing right?

(Disclaimer: I'll be amazed if he contributes anything at all before being released in the summer)

Its all over the Rovers website too. Amusingly the page showed similar tales dated April 2018 and September 2018, and we know how that went.

I think it's just getting his name on search engines pre market.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've not seen the interview but Rovers Twitter has a tweet which suggests we might see Gladwin back soon, he'll be like a new signing right?

(Disclaimer: I'll be amazed if he contributes anything at all before being released in the summer)

Gladwin needs to be as far away from this team as possible. If he is fit again he needs to be going out on loan in January.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

6 weeks till he's back in training. It's going to be March at the earliest till he's available to play you'd think.

31 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard from a reliable source that Adam Phillips from Norwich is going to be signing for us in January. All but confirmed apparently. Lad was highly rated coming through at Liverpool but hasn’t really got going at Norwich. Another attacking midfielder

Well unless dack and Palmer are off I don't see the point in this. I've never heard of him. If he can't get into the Norwich 18 it is slightly worrying

He's only ever played four games, on loan at Cambridge.   He has England u16 and 17 caps. Very Baffling if true. Surly it's a candlin/Lyons type of signing

Edited by Oldgregg86

Another from the favoured catalogue of young players who were at big club academies but seem to have lost their way in recent years. Sam Hart, Jacob Davenport etc. Roll the dice and if one comes off happy days. Suppose at his age if he gets playing in the U23s it might be ok.

Is it too much to ask to sign 2-3 quality players who will IMPROVE the first XI?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Is it too much to ask to sign 2-3 quality players who will IMPROVE the first XI?

This is what we needed in the summer, it wasnt addressed.

We wont be signing anyone this window who will go straight into the team because it will give Tony too many selection problems with his faves.

We all know where needs addressing, but can anyone realistically see somebody coming in to take the place of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Bell, Bennett, Smallwood or Evans on a regular basis? Or a real wide player to play on that left side instead of Armstrong? Because i can't.

7 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard from a reliable source that Adam Phillips from Norwich is going to be signing for us in January. All but confirmed apparently. Lad was highly rated coming through at Liverpool but hasn’t really got going at Norwich. Another attacking midfielder

Palmer replacement?