BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

7 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard from a reliable source that Adam Phillips from Norwich is going to be signing for us in January. All but confirmed apparently. Lad was highly rated coming through at Liverpool but hasn’t really got going at Norwich. Another attacking midfielder

Loaned to FC Dordrecht according to this

https://www.transfermarkt.com/adam-phillips/profil/spieler/314381

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

That’s strange, no article anywhere saying he’s made that move. Just going off what I’ve been told!

I looked at Transfmkt just after 8 am UK time so it was on there very early so either a mistake or a done deal for some time like Holgate to WBA.

10 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard from a reliable source that Adam Phillips from Norwich is going to be signing for us in January. All but confirmed apparently. Lad was highly rated coming through at Liverpool but hasn’t really got going at Norwich. Another attacking midfielder

Born in Garstang and on Rovers books till L/pool nicked him off us aged 11.(acc to Wiki) His career hasn't been great TBF. He's played 4 games for Cambridge on loan.

You need to stop talking to Nicko;)

18 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I see some clubs - Sheff Utd and WBA - have already strengthened with loan signings ready for when the window opens tomorrow. You’d bloody hope we’re not far behind in our recruitment given the defensive monstrosities we’ve witnessed this season.

No chance.  We will be waiting for the players to magically become available on Jan 31st.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Happy ‘any rovers news Nicko?’ Month guys 

Why let mystic Al have all the fun,

Below we present the BRFCS exclusive Nicko annual Rovers transfer  tweet generator

Just choose one of each from the catagories below to create your own Rovers related transfer rumours 

PLAYER

Your Day of Birth
1 Dack  - 2 Graham  3 Dack   4 Raya    5 Mulgrew   6 Dack    7 Lenihan   8 Nyambe   9 Dack   10 Dack   11 Evans   12 Smallwood   13 Dack
14 Dack   15 Bennet    16 Gladwin   17 Dack    18 Nutall     19 Dack     20 Travis    21 Graham   22 Dack    23 Raya     24 Dack    25 Mulgrew
26 Dack    27 Lenihan   28 Nyambe    29 Dack     30 Evans    31 Smallwood

TEAM 1

First Letter of your Street Name
A,O - West Ham
B,P - Burnley
C,Q - Celtic
D,R - Derby
E,S - Everton
F,T - Fulham
G,T - Rangers
H,U - Cardiff
I,V - Norwich
J,W - West Brom
K,X - Aston Villa
L,Y - Newcastle
M,Z - Southampton

TEAM 2 

First letter of your Name 
A,O - Bournemouth
B,P - Brighton
C,Q - Wolves
D,R - Crystal Palace
E,S - Huddersfield
F,T - Leeds
G,T - Sheffield United
H,U - Middlesbrough
I,V - Notts Forest
J,W - Swansea
K,X - Birmingham
L,Y - Sunderland
M,Z - Watford

FEE
First Number of House Number
1 - 5 million
2- 4.5 million
3 - 6 million
4 - 10 million
5 - 15 million
6 - 7.5 million
7- 8 million
8 - 2 million initial fee + add ons
9 - undiscosed fee

NICKOISM /GET OUT CLAUSE

First initial of Mothers Name
A,O - Might happen, Might not
B,P - Venky's hard to contact
C,Q - Good source
D,R - Your blocked Fud!
E,S - Interesting
F,T - Agent Pushing for move
G,T - Bit in Paper
H,U - Complicated
I,V - Venky's playing hard ball
J,W - Player unhappy
K,X - Rumour gathering pace
L,Y - Pushing hard to get it over the line
M,Z - Unbelievable!

Example you are called bob and were born on the 5th and live at 23  Acacia Ave and your mother was called Allice

Your Nickoette Rovers transfer tweet will be 

Mulgrew attracting interest from West Ham and Brighton , rumoured fee 4.5 million , Might Happen, Might Not

Post your Rovers related transfers below :)

Edited by perthblue02

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You missed the last category where you put your account number and sort code ?

Ha ha, tried to make it so not identifiable or not useful for that sort of thing :)

Edited by perthblue02

• Backroom

Bennett is coming off a nasty injury and was good for us before then, so maybe a little harsh to be so critical of him. Especially when the likes of Nyambe, Bell and Williams have all recently contributed to conceding goals through bad positioning/defending. The main issue with Bennett is that he's increasingly a jack of all trades but master of none. He's probably looked his best for us in CM last year, but considering the standard of opposition it's difficult to judge whether he'd be effective there at this level. There's also a lot of competition in CM these days so unlikely Bennett would find himself in contention for that position.

My player of the season last year, and although limited in some ways he brings a huge amount to the team.

But 5m for a 30yr old utility player? I’ll believe it when I see it.

edit

obviously I’m joking ? 

Edited by S8 & Blue

• Backroom
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

My player of the season last year, and although limited in some ways he brings a huge amount to the team.

But 5m for a 30yr old utility player? I’ll believe it when I see it.

See above and the Nicko transfer generator 

Before he went to Sheffield United I said could do a lot worse than McGoldrick on a free from Ipswich. He is flying it now. Great partnership with Sharpe.. He could even play the Dack role. Very good footballer at this level and looks to have put his injuries behind him. 

We need a bit more experience this window 

• Like 2

Oh dear.

Nyambe likely to attract bids of around £5m from Everton and Brighton. Credible sources.

I had better stress this came from the Nicko transfer generator before people rush off down the bookies/ to commit suicide/ start the Transit van... 

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Oh dear.

Nyambe likely to attract bids of around £5m from Everton and Brighton. Credible sources.

I had better stress this came from the Nicko transfer generator before people rush off down the bookies/ to commit suicide/ start the Transit van... 

Not surprising. 

On 21/12/2018 at 04:00, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17312396.rovers-boss-tony-mowbray-keen-to-add-to-squad-in-january/

'The boss doesn’t expect many additions next month, believing the summer window is the best time to mould his squad'

AKA he's spunked all the transfer kitty on BB? 

Sounds ominius.  Anyway the 1st is right round the corner have we heard anything  about us being linked with anyone?

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

Oh dear.

That isn't one i'd be wrist slashing over to be honest although I don't want to see anyone leave but a half decent manager if allowed should be able to unearth a full back for this level from somewhere.