BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got to be a wind up from either S8 or Nicko?

It’s from the transfer generator! ?

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Did think about doing that but in the temporary absence of Nickós retweeter in chief and so many "fuds" being blocked, thought it would be more fun in here :)

Of those that have played so far , no Dack rumours, even though it is heavily weighted, a good sign? :)

Nickoette Transfer Generator

Love it 

Which players do people realistically see out the door this month?

Hoping there is L1 interest for the likes of Williams and Smallwood as I feel they have past their use by dates with us. A new Left back becoming the priority.

Gladwin with his injuries will be tough to shift until June. 

Maybe Downing out if we could get Bauer in?

Nuttall, Tomlinson and a few other U23's should be loaned out... 7 days ago I would have included Travis in that but now he has shown he is too valuable and far better than Smalls.

*Finally, hearing Raya to Celtic or Brighton for £5m. Unbelievable!*

• Like 1

Please stop playing that game on here, create a new thread if you want to play make believe.

He should be selling the likes of Williams and Smallwood but no way will he, not while they are still getting game time. Downing, gladwin, nuttall are the only ones I could imagine being moved on 

His best was: 

Blackburn. Lowe Return. Has a chance. But told other targets in mind. 

So basically nicko we either will or won’t sign Jason Lowe? Genuis.

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Which players do people realistically see out the door this month?

Hoping there is L1 interest for the likes of Williams and Smallwood as I feel they have past their use by dates with us. A new Left back becoming the priority.

Gladwin with his injuries will be tough to shift until June. 

Maybe Downing out if we could get Bauer in?

Nuttall, Tomlinson and a few other U23's should be loaned out... 7 days ago I would have included Travis in that but now he has shown he is too valuable and far better than Smalls.

*Finally, hearing Raya to Celtic or Brighton for £5m. Unbelievable!*

We won't be selling Smallwood in January, absolutely no chance.

Not sure about Williams, but who would be willing to buy him?

Nuttall should go on loan.

I have read than Tomlinson will be released on a free. Not sure if that is true. 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

I would expect to go back in for some of our summer targets: Chapman, Bauer, and Gallagher.

I'd certainly send Palmer back to Chelsea, terrible player.  

A risk but I think Chapman will be here assuming Boro confirm La Parra - and think the case has been made for Bauer if TM still wants him.

Gallagher probably the most up in the air under a new manager. Maybe another loan depending on fitness.

Edited by CD_93

36 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I would expect to go back in for some of our summer targets: Chapman, Bauer, and Gallagher.

I'd certainly send Palmer back to Chelsea, terrible player.  

I’d be concerned if we went back in for Chapman. He’s had numerous injury setbacks already this season, not sure if he’s currently fit to play at all. 

• Like 2

Chapman has to be worth a gamble. The lad gets things going, he has the ability to get the fans excited which very few Rovers players have done for many a year. 

Is Bauer back from injury yet? If not then I wouldn't touch him. 

Maddison and Freeman would be worth a punt too. Freeman has similar techniques to Dack and can play deeper too. 

Peterborough have slumped of late so maybe Maddison might be interested. 

Looking forward to January and a bit of a freshen up of the squad. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Chapman has to be worth a gamble. The lad gets things going, he has the ability to get the fans excited which very few Rovers players have done for many a year. 

I'd take Chapman on loan but I certainly wouldn't be spending money and committing to a contract. He's hardly played any football for a year, his pace is his big attribute and after numerous hamstring injuries at least some of that pace is going to have gone. There is no doubt that we need a pacey winger the 3 players I would be looking at would be Hunter at Fleetwood, Lowe at Portsmouth or Dembele at Peterborough.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don't see how Chapman fits into Mowbray's inside forwards system - there is no winger role. Granted we end up with de facto wingers because the inside forwards drift out too far, but that's not the aim. Signing a player like Chapman would suggest Mowbray is rethinking his tactics.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hart recalled ?   Why am I a bit worried with that one ?

I suspect they may be looking to shift him somewhere on a permanent deal and possibly have an offer in already. Either way I can't for the life in me see him anywhere near the first team squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nickoette  -

Battle for Charlie Mulgrew between West Brom and Brighton, could see bids up to 10 million. Complicated deal though.

You know I love you pb but this must be the daftest idea you’ve ever had!

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The lads I know who watch Rochdale like him but he hasn't played a lot recently. Rumours of a possible falling out with Keith Hill.

Hopefully straight out on another loan then it'll do him better than hanging around behind Bell & Williamson here and if he's been doing ok he needs to keep playing as much as possible somewhere.