BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

PNE have done 3 bits of business already. I really hope we won't be leaving it all until the last dance on the 31st. As blabby pointed out, loans with a view are great in principle but let's make sure they are exactly that rather than this Brereton mess that we've got ourselves in.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

To be honest Forest's announcement was even more bizarre. Two lines on their website confirming that Brereton had joined 'Championship side' Blackburn on a permanent deal. Anyone would think they weren't in the Championship referring to us like that, a very short statement to say they have sold an academy product and you'd think if they were getting big money for him they'd be keen to tell their fans what a good deal they've got.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

And Graham has signed until June 2020.

Full article here.

Delighted with that.

Brereton is never worth 'undisclosed fee'! That's either to protect Forest fans or us... 

Just seen "could rise with clauses" - as I suspected. These are often ridiculously optimistic whenever inserted, could even be half that really.

Lad will be a bargain!

Edited by S8 & Blue

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Delighted with that.

Brereton is never worth 'undisclosed fee'! That's either to protect Forest fans or us... 

Just seen "could rise with clauses" - as I suspected. These are often ridiculously optimistic whenever inserted, could even be half that really.

Lad will be a bargain!

Ya, I would imagine the clauses are ambitious. Stuff like promotion, England caps etc are worth a fair bit 

• Like 1

Strange to be undisclosed for such a well covered story... You'd think it's nowhere near 7 to start with and definitely not up front with a statement like that. Clauses are a given in almost any deal, I imagine a sell on is in there too.

Deal for Brereton will be around the 3.5 million mark with it going to 7-8 million if he hits some silly milestones like getting us promoted. 

Forest would have it plastered everywhere that they've made 7 million up front rising to 10 million on an academy player. They needed any money from us just as much as we needed a player from them.

Shame we didn't get McKay at the same time though.

I think we all hoped he would hit ground running, which he hasn't. Still he is very young for that type of striker and they usually never peak untill mid-twenties. Graham was only a bit-part player out on loan scoring very little untill he dropped down to league one with Carlisle at 22. First then he carved a good career for himself. Brereton desperatly need a goal to get going, you can clearly tell from his interview:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/january/ben-delighted-to-pen-permanent-deal/

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Where did you read that, Tom?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm just stating it would make sense to be around that figure. Surely not even these owners could commit that amount up front. Especially after being tight for a number of years.

3 minutes ago, briansol said:

I think we all hoped he would hit ground running, which he hasn't. Still he is very young for that type of striker and they usually never peak untill mid-twenties. Graham was only a bit-part player out on loan scoring very little untill he dropped down to league one with Carlisle at 22. First then he carved a good career for himself. Brereton desperatly need a goal to get going, you can clearly tell from his interview:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/january/ben-delighted-to-pen-permanent-deal/

Brings a tear to my eye... Come on Tony start him upfront tomorrow and give him half a chance and put an attacking team out.

34 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Forest would have it plastered everywhere that they've made 7 million up front rising to 10 million on an academy player. They needed any money from us just as much as we needed a player from them.

Not if we didn't want the fee announced they wouldn't have.

34 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Deal for Brereton will be around the 3.5 million mark with it going to 7-8 million if he hits some silly milestones like getting us promoted. 

Shame we didn't get McKay at the same time though.

Do that and every player they go in for price goes up!