BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

13 hours ago, Franky said:

Need an experienced proven quality goalscorer.

Marquee signing to sell tickets and increase attendances... like we always used to go for.

Not some unproven kid...

Danny Welbeck !?

Venkys have the cash. Mowbray needs to grow some ambition to spend it.

Yes it will be Mowbray’s fault if we don’t sign a 27 year old England centre forward from Arsenal.

He’s injured anyway ?

• Like 1

I dont understand the desire to want very average players back that have had previous spells here. I presume its just familiarity.

Sam Gallaghers name always crops up, but Mowbray played him wide once Graham was back. Hes very weak, cant hold the ball up and his goal record in the last 2 years has been average to say the least. If he came in on loan, would people select him over Danny Graham or a striker weve invested 7m in whose just started to show glimmers of being able to make an impact? 

Same with Joao. Hes a bit of a donkey and seemed to totally fall out of favour last time.

If we do go for a striker, and lets be honest, Nixon talks out of his arse, hopefully our recruitment will be slightly more imaginative.

3 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Anyone have any idea of much solanke earns at Liverpool. He would be in a similar bracket to Abraham at villa and would do well. He's also a target man build and in the England youth team which Mowbray likes to go down with a British core.

On loan though. No chance it would be permanent with Rovers covering 40%-50% of his wage at most. Would imagine that would be around 25k-30k per week with him on around 50k-60k in total at Liverpool.

Palace want Solanke on loan  

His wages even at 40 or 50% are beyond us for sure

2 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

Can you not say that about Villa?. They went out and got Abraham/Bolasie and the such and have shown that extra ambition to get them. Abraham would have been looked at by lower perm teams as well. 

If Rovers want to really push on and make a statement then that is the player to get. Target man type who would score goals. Sam Gallagher wouldn't be enough for me to push on since the manager would play him on the wing like Brereton. He hasn't scored a lot either when in the championship.

If you want to get to the premier league then the club needs to think bigger. 

Cardiff tried for Arabham and was told he wasnt available. 

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Cant see in a million years we would get Solanke. Hes just scored 4 in 2 for the under 21s. I can see a mid table prem team taking him on loan in January. 

As others have said the squad is fairly competetive. I would like to see a strong powerful striker on loan unless Brereton starts getting a few games there.A pacey wide man on loan would also be good.  If theres one thing our team lacks overall its pace. 

I wonder if we will re-visit for the charlton Centre Back Bauer in January. A bit of height 

I can see us making one or two additions at most. I also think Travis, Nuttal, Tomlinson and some others may go out on loan. 

I think Bauer will be a target

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Cardiff tried for Arabham and was told he wasnt available. 

I think Bauer will be a target

You mention Baeur again but arent you of the opinion that we are fine at centre back with Williams and Rodwell "able" to play there?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Everyone of the issues Identified on here in the last window is yet to be addressed, except midfield-------keeper, full-back, centre-back, real winger and, daftest of all-----striker!.

Midfield we have recruited extraordinarily well.

It's amazing we are doing so well with no team! 

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Creeping on Lucas Joao, as I do from time to time. This Sheff Wed Report(tabloid bs) suggests two players they should look at up front. https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-lucas-joao-alternatives-jos-luhukay-should-consider-for-sheffield-wednesday/amp/

Isaac Success from Watford

Conor Wickham from Palace

Still think Lucas Joao would be a perfect fit in this team as the target man.

I dunno about Sam Gallagher, the money they were talking in the summer was scary.

Yes please!! 

Watched him quite a lot when he was playing with Rochina in La Liga. What a player, hardly getting a look in at Watford, 6 months in the Championship would do him the world of good.

I hope to see Nuttall and Travis go out on loan both need to be playing if they are to progress and have any chance of a future here, I'm not so sure that Nuttall will have one but I really believe that Travis can. Let's hope that whoever goes out on loan get's better moves than Wharton, Platt and Hardcastle got because the 3 of them have hardly played and would have been better of playing under 23's football (as would the club).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I hope to see Nuttall and Travis go out on loan both need to be playing if they are to progress and have any chance of a future here, I'm not so sure that Nuttall will have one but I really believe that Travis can. Let's hope that whoever goes out on loan get's better moves than Wharton, Platt and Hardcastle got because the 3 of them have hardly played and would have been better of playing under 23's football (as would the club).

Has Wharton hardly played?? Bloody hell, thought he had been sent to a league lower than he was capable of but maybe not!

Edit - just gone to check on his playing time there, that's pretty shocking from Lincoln to give him so little playing time after being lucky to get him from us again. He even has a goal and an assist, in I think it was 5 games. Thanks for stunting our player's development at a key time for him! I'd recall him in January.

Edited by bluebruce

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You mention Baeur again but arent you of the opinion that we are fine at centre back with Williams and Rodwell "able" to play there?

Yet again I've already explained all this but you have choose to be funny or clever. 

Its a shame you have choose to be this way

30 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Platt was only ever going to be back up at Stanley who I think have over 5 loan players there so some loan players miss out due to the loan rules. 

Wharton only played 5 league games all season which is disappointed. 

Hardcastle only played 6 league games all season which again is disappointed. 

Think we would all think they should be playing more. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much a week do you think Rovers' top earners like Mulgrew, Dack are on?

For argument's sake, lets say Charlie is on 25k pw.  Are you suggesting Solanke is on 60k pw+ at Liverpool which he would be at your stated 40%.

You seem happy to come on here and throw financials around which are clearly nonsense.

Platt was only ever going to be back up at Stanley who I think have over 5 loan players there so some loan players miss out due to the loan rules. 

Yes, agree, but given a decent opportunity in a Rovers' shirt.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again I've already explained all this but you have choose to be funny or clever. 

Its a shame you have choose to be this way

Stop being so soft, it was a genuine question. Surely wanting to sign a centre back somewhat contradicts your assertion that we are well covered there with Williams and Rodwell?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have to look into who we loan our players too in future, if Platt was only ever going to a back up then surely try and loan him to a League 2 club where he would be more likely to get the playing time he needs.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stop being so soft, it was a genuine question. Surely wanting to sign a centre back somewhat contradicts your assertion that we are well covered there with Williams and Rodwell?

Have to look into who we loan our players too in future, if Platt was only ever going to a back up then surely try and loan him to a League 2 club where he would be more likely to get the playing time he needs.

I have already answered this question from on you on previous occasions so I wont be answering again. stop trying to impress your fan club

I have already answered this question from on you on previous occasions so I wont be answering again. stop trying to impress your fan club

Chaddy, I think Rovers' management of recruitment, and all that entails, is a bigger mess than May and Brexit.

The more I hear Mowbray, the more I think he manages on the 'lucky bag' principle. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am not aware of any fan club, nor was my genuine question an attempt to provoke you to play the victim again. Please can you repeat the answer as I have not seen it.

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

For argument's sake, lets say Charlie is on 25k pw.  Are you suggesting Solanke is on 60k pw+ at Liverpool which he would be at your stated 40%.

You seem happy to come on here and throw financials around which are clearly nonsense.

I don’t think there’s a single player at Ewood on 20k+ a week.

Last year in league 1 - the top earners in the division; Powell, Mulgrew, Evans, Shaun McDonald and Danny Graham - and Charlie was on 14k on his last deal.

I think 16/7k is probably in his new deal with a 30% promotion bonus or something but it’s a big step to even the most average premier league players.

For instance, the eye watering figures Aston Villa paid last season to finish runners up in the play offs... There is a big step between “having money” and throwing literally 100s of millions at second division promotion.

Football is completely F’d up

Just now, Biz said:

I don’t think there’s a single player at Ewood on 20k+ a week.

Last year in league 1 - the top earners in the division; Powell, Mulgrew, Evans, Shaun McDonald and Danny Graham - and Charlie was on 14k on his last deal.

I think 16/7k is probably in his new deal with a 30% promotion bonus or something but it’s a big step to even the most average premier league players.

For instance, the eye watering figures Aston Villa paid last season to finish runners up in the play offs... There is a big step between “having money” and throwing literally 100s of millions at second division promotion.

Football is completely F’d up

I think you might be surprised............

Just now, Mercer said:

I think you might be surprised............

Well I tend to use a few sources for that information and im well aware footballers wages are generally reported post tax so the club are paying 40% more on every contract + NI.

That said, there’s no more “Rhodes contracts”.. (one of a few highs in terms of return) and the Lowes, the average squad guy on 20+ a week. Wasn’t Jake Kean on the same deal? 

Anyway- footballs broken Mercer. When someone is prepared to pay Andre Gray £5m a season, you are fortunate to get an Armstrong for 1/8th of the same cost. Lucky bag principle my arse.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No more than 18/20k. 

I think Solanke will go to Palace on loan in January. 

49 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, I think Rovers' management of recruitment, and all that entails, is a bigger mess than May and Brexit.

The more I hear Mowbray, the more I think he manages on the 'lucky bag' principle. 

Haha. 

Dont give the day job pal

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not aware of any fan club, nor was my genuine question an attempt to provoke you to play the victim again. Please can you repeat the answer as I have not seen it.

Well look through the thread and find the answer. Im fed up repeating answers

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Congratulations, to the winner of the most bizarre post of the year!!

It took some doing, against some seriously tough opposition, but you did it with over a month to spare!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Has Wharton hardly played?? Bloody hell, thought he had been sent to a league lower than he was capable of but maybe not!

Edit - just gone to check on his playing time there, that's pretty shocking from Lincoln to give him so little playing time after being lucky to get him from us again. He even has a goal and an assist, in I think it was 5 games. Thanks for stunting our player's development at a key time for him! I'd recall him in January.

Hopefully we have a recall option for all 3 otherwise they have wasted a year of their development.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Then why loan him to them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

To avoid clogging the thread. Chaddy said that he thinks we will be in for Bauer in January. That doesn't mean that he thinks we should

• Like 1