BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Of all the players people are suggesting , and there have been some good ones , I don't see anyone who plays left back ????? .... Odd

Someone mentioned Knudsen from Ipswich on a free in the summer. Realistically we aren't going to sign one unless we sell one first or play Williams as a centre back.

21 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I hope this manager knows that midfielder aren't the only type of players on a football pitch. This is either greedy or a potential replacement for Reed if he goes back.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

Pulis simply said no just as Charlton said no on Bauer.

In the event both players spent most of the half season just gone injured.

I would look to a loan for Chapman.

That contradicts what Mowbray said at the supporters consultation meeting.

He said Boro were constantly on the phone asking if Rovers are still interested in Chapman.

Mowbray then went on to point out that Chapman currently wouldn't get in our team and his contract is up in the summer so why would he make any commitment at this point in time. This may not have made the radio edit.   

• Like 1

Pulis obviously changed his mind but it was a no on transfer deadline day.

Harry Chapman poised for Blackburn return as Middlesbrough prepare to let midfielder leave on loan

• Blackburn are hoping to tie up a deal for Harry Chapman from Middlesbrough 
  • The England Under-20 international also spent last season on loan at Ewood Park
  • He missed the second half of last season with a hamstring problem

By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 13:11 GMT, 28 August 2018 | UPDATED: 14:15 GMT, 28 August 2018

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
115shares

View comments

Middlesbrough midfielder Harry Chapman is poised to leave on loan with Blackburn Rovers leading the chase.

The England Under-20 World Cup winner was the subject of a failed bid from Rovers prior to the August 9 transfer deadline but Tony Mowbray remains keen on striking a deal with an initial loan.

Middlesbrough boss Tony Pulis is prepared to let Chapman go providing he can land his own transfer targets with Millwall's George Saville his prime objective.

Blackburn are keen to complete a loan for Middlesbrough midfielder Harry Chapman (right)

+2
  •  

Blackburn are keen to complete a loan for Middlesbrough midfielder Harry Chapman (right)

Chapman spent part of last season on loan at Ewood Park helping them gain promotion from League One and is keen to reunite with Mowbray. 

He scored once in 12 appearances for Rovers, adding three assists as he helped them reach the Championship. 

However, his season was cut short by a hamstring injury, which he sustained in November before aggravating it on his comeback to action in an Under-23s clash. 

Mowbray is also hoping to complete the signing of Nottingham Forest forward Ben Brereton this week in a deal that could be worth up to £7million. 

35 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Sounds like old news to me. When will we get something that we don't already know, I wonder? Still waiting for something to shore up our leaky defence - 3rd or 4th leakiest in the known universe, I hear. 

Did the date on the article give it away? :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

That contradicts what Mowbray said at the supporters consultation meeting.

He said Boro were constantly on the phone asking if Rovers are still interested in Chapman.

Mowbray then went on to point out that Chapman currently wouldn't get in our team and his contract is up in the summer so why would he make any commitment at this point in time. This may not have made the radio edit.   

That bit was defo on the radio programme. 

14 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Apparently we’re after Kevin McDonald from Fulham according to the sun. 

least he can pass a ball, only reed capable of that out of the current crop and he’s stuck on the fecking wing

Can't see McDonald being a target. Bigger wages than our best players, other teams will be in for him and we've got Reed as well. He's not needed and would be a waste of money.

I'd love to be linked to a pacy wide forward/winger or a centre back.

Are we turning into prime Barcelona with Smallwood playing false nine? Only way to get all these midfielders on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Can't see McDonald being a target. Bigger wages than our best players, other teams will be in for him and we've got Reed as well. He's not needed and would be a waste of money.

I'd love to be linked to a pacy wide forward/winger or a centre back.

Are we turning into prime Barcelona with Smallwood playing false nine? Only way to get all these midfielders on the pitch.

If we're to crack on we should really be replacing players like Smallwood. Good worker but shouldn't be a first teamer in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That would be good. He is a tough player. We need more of them in this division. 

Evans, Reed, Smallwood and Travis are all 'tough' players and they play in the same position.  Not sure why we need another based on that criteria alone? If you'd said better passer like others have you might be on to something. 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

In the sun

Rovers trying to sign Kevin McDonald onoan from fulham

Decent player.

Would be very surprised if Fulham let him leave - there will be a few clubs in line for this lad.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

least he can pass a ball, only reed capable of that out of the current crop and he’s stuck on the fecking wing

Jeez, Rothwell can’t even pass now, eh?

6 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

I hope this manager knows that midfielder aren't the only type of players on a football pitch. This is either greedy or a potential replacement for Reed if he goes back.

Even if he is a replacement for Reed, there's only any point if he is on a Reed level. The only reason we needed Reed was because he was better than everyone else, not because we were short in that area. Is Will Vaulks distinctly better than what we have?

• Like 1