BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

I hope that we might take a look at young Alexander Sørloth at Crystal Palace, currently 4th choice there. He has said himself that he might leave in january. 

Only 22 years, but big and strong (194cm), not that slow either.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdKr0NTXX4

Think that he might be a good fit for the Championship.

Edited by Swanson

16 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I hope that we might take a look at young Alexander Sørloth at Crystal Palace, currently 4th choice there. He has said himself that he might leave in january. 

Only 22 years, but big and strong (1.94cm), not that slow either.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdKr0NTXX4

Kinell I know Messi changed things a bit but that's tiny.

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Only 22 years, but big and strong (194cm), not that slow either.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdKr0NTXX4

Great shout

3 hours ago, Swanson said:

Hes a good player. I think he should be playing there with Zaha up front. 

I think Mowbray will look at Gallagher at Southampton or Gary Madine from Cardiff. I would be looking at Morris from Norwich City if he was fit and looking at him being Graham long term replacement in terms of the target man type. Buying him. Otherwise I wouldnt be loaning striker in January but playing Brereton more.

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be looking at Morris from Norwich City if he was fit and looking at him being Graham long term relationship in terms of the target man type.

I'm just not sure it's our place to be arranging Graham's relationships, long term or otherwise.

Additionally, I'm not even convinced he swings that way. If he does, he might not be looking for commitment anyway and prefer to screw around. We don't know his type either, he might not like other target men such as himself and prefer someone a bit smaller.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's amazing we are doing so well with no team! 

Exactly the same dopey reaction I got last time I posted that! Don't worry, TM's not reading it, it won't hurt his feelings!

If,the striker issue alone had been resolved, I wonder if some of those draws would have turned into wins, netting us enough to get us top or near?

None of that means TM isn't doing a great job so don't be so precious.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Exactly the same dopey reaction I got last time I posted that! Don't worry, TM's not reading it, it won't hurt his feelings!

If,the striker issue alone had been resolved, I wonder if some of those draws would have turned into wins, netting us enough to get us top or near?

None of that means TM isn't doing a great job so don't be so precious.

Ah come on now. If we sign a goalkeeper, right back, center back, winger AND a striker-who leaves? Who drops out of the match day squad? That's 5 new players. 

Be realistic man! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah come on now. If we sign a goalkeeper, right back, center back, winger AND a striker-who leaves? Who drops out of the match day squad? 

Be realistic man! 

I'm not suggesting we could do all that in one go but TM was looking for a keeper in the summer as cover for Raya, he was trying very hard to sign Bauer ( so why not get someone else?), we could probably get by without another full-back, and TM was trying to sign Chapman--again why not go for someone else?  Signing a striker for the future in our situation doesn't make football sense to me. sow could have resolved these issues over 2 windows imo.

We're doing better than OK but I agree with those who see the Championship this season as unprecedentedly tight. Two thirds of the teams could make the 6 and anything can happen from there. Looking at all those draws it could easily have been us in one of those top positions. Still could happen of course but its significant that despite our good position we have a minus GD.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I'm not suggesting we could do all that in one go but TM was looking for a keeper in the summer as cover for Raya, he was trying very hard to sign Bauer ( so why not get someone else?), we could probably get by without another full-back, and TM was trying to sign Chapman--again why not go for someone else?  Signing a striker for the future in our situation doesn't make football sense to me. sow could have resolved these issues over 2 windows imo.

We're doing better than OK but I agree with those who see the Championship this season as unprecedentedly tight. Two thirds of the teams could make the 6 and anything can happen from there. Looking at all those draws it could easily have been us in one of those top positions. Still could happen of course but its significant that despite our good position we have a minus GD.

I would be happy enough with a quality striker and CB, but as you mention, it's so tight, maybe someone with an X factor like Chapman would not be the worst call ever. Players like that aren't easy to find, obviously he would be  a huge gamble with the injury record. 

I've decided to keep mentioning John Marquis until it gets annoying like I did Marcus Maddison last window. I think the rumours came from me wanting him so much, sorry.

Anyway, I've got a new bae. So here we go.

Good age, lot to prove, focal point and a "street fighter" like DG, good eye for goal, good attitude, he deserves and I'm sure will get a shot at a higher level.

It'll take a couple of mill but he'd bag a few.

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be happy enough with a quality striker and CB, but as you mention, it's so tight, maybe someone with an X factor like Chapman would not be the worst call ever. Players like that aren't easy to find, obviously he would be  a huge gamble with the injury record. 

I think Chapman is too big a risk now. Feel very sorry for him.

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

I think Chapman is too big a risk now. Feel very sorry for him.

Agree to an extent. However, I believe he's in the last couple of months of his contract come January, and it looks like Pulis doesn't want to know.

An heavily appearance dependant contract somewhere that he is wanted and where the lads love him could still be very appealing to him, and low risk for us.

I wouldn't be against it as long as it's sensible.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Has Wharton hardly played?? Bloody hell, thought he had been sent to a league lower than he was capable of but maybe not!

Edit - just gone to check on his playing time there, that's pretty shocking from Lincoln to give him so little playing time after being lucky to get him from us again. He even has a goal and an assist, in I think it was 5 games. Thanks for stunting our player's development at a key time for him! I'd recall him in January.

I think it would be harsh to blame Lincoln here, if he was good enough he’d be playing for them they’d have no reason not to!

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, I think Rovers' management of recruitment, and all that entails, is a bigger mess than May and Brexit.

The more I hear Mowbray, the more I think he manages on the 'lucky bag' principle. 

Mate, are you pissed?

• Like 1

It’s a striker to directly challenge DG that he’ll want. A target man on loan until the summer when I feel he will have a mini overhaul looking to increase quality in most positions meaning the Downings, Smallwoods, Williams, Evans, Samuels etc might see themselves being moved on.

I do think they’ll want to do a deal for Reed in Jan. Isn’t he out of contract in the summer?

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s a striker to directly challenge DG that he’ll want. A target man on loan until the summer when I feel he will have a mini overhaul looking to increase quality in most positions meaning the Downings, Smallwoods, Williams, Evans, Samuels etc might see themselves being moved on.

I do think they’ll want to do a deal for Reed in Jan. Isn’t he out of contract in the summer?

Absolutely no suggestion that he will get rid of 3 of his favourites (Evans, Smallwood and Williams) any time soon.

He has a striker to directly challenge Graham, a very expensive one who in his last 2 cameos has shown promise. Centre back has to be prioritised.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think it would be harsh to blame Lincoln here, if he was good enough he’d be playing for them they’d have no reason not to!

Depends how crap their manager's judgement is! Or whether they have decided they'd rather focus on bringing their own through and use him as backup (understandable, but I reserve my right to be frustrated they didn't do it with someone else's youngster, especially when we had League One offers if I remember rightly). However you slice it, it's looking like a wasted year of development for one of our most promising youngsters who has even played for our first team a bit. It looks to me like they loaned him under false pretences if they were willing to drop him so easily (I think it was the first two games he played, then dropped for ages, back in for three where he scored and got an assist, and dropped again...admittedly in that second run of games they did ship a boatload of goals).

It's frustrating to see, even though yes it might be down to the lad's own performances. As to how good he is, they knew that from last season. Anyway maybe it will be a great test of his character that will make him stronger, we will see. Annoying though...I seem to remember their manager almost describing it as a favour to them, and that's certainly how I saw it, as I thought he'd be ready to play this fringe kind of role, or better, in League One after last year.

Just had a quick look for news articles about Scott Wharton's time there to see if I could get more insight, and found this interesting little nugget in an article:

The transfer rumour mill is already in full swing, with the Imps being linked with Dundalk midfielder Robbie Benson, while winger Harry Anderson is reportedly attracting interest from Championship trio Norwich City, Sheffield United and Blackburn Rovers.

From this: https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-discusses-plans-january-2223690

First I've heard of it personally.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Depends how crap their manager's judgement is! Or whether they have decided they'd rather focus on bringing their own through and use him as backup (understandable, but I reserve my right to be frustrated they didn't do it with someone else's youngster, especially when we had League One offers if I remember rightly). However you slice it, it's looking like a wasted year of development for one of our most promising youngsters who has even played for our first team a bit. It looks to me like they loaned him under false pretences if they were willing to drop him so easily (I think it was the first two games he played, then dropped for ages, back in for three where he scored and got an assist, and dropped again...admittedly in that second run of games they did ship a boatload of goals).

It's frustrating to see, even though yes it might be down to the lad's own performances. As to how good he is, they knew that from last season. Anyway maybe it will be a great test of his character that will make him stronger, we will see. Annoying though...I seem to remember their manager almost describing it as a favour to them, and that's certainly how I saw it, as I thought he'd be ready to play this fringe kind of role, or better, in League One after last year.

Im sure I read the other day that they signed him on the back of a very successful loan spell last season, but the reason for him falling down the pecking order was the unexpected summer arrival of Jason Shackell.

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, I think Rovers' management of recruitment, and all that entails, is a bigger mess than May and Brexit.

The more I hear Mowbray, the more I think he manages on the 'lucky bag' principle. 

You couldn't spot a decent manager if one bit you on the arse Mercer.

2 Words - Owen Coyle.....

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Yeh so they went and signed a player afterwards that they knew would be ahead of him in the pecking order when it was too late for us to back out. They're also shoving a centre mid in there. I stand by my earlier comments.