BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

1 hour ago, AAK said:

I thought Marshall was excellent for Rovers. There was an article in one of the papers when he was here, and he was saying how difficult it was playing at the club as there was a lot of hatred from the fans etc and he criticised the owners.

image.thumb.png.2027a0c90879aeee0d384057efb7baef.png

Fair comments really, don't remember many other players or staff criticising the owners at the time they were asset stripping  so fair play to him.

In other news, Keiffer Moore for 10k was good business - they sold him for around £1m a year later.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray when asked about Ben Woodburn: "There is no truth in that at all". 

Can I up my guess of pages...

Have to say I was a bit underwhelmed anyway.

He's a very, very raw kid that needs to go to League One first according to Blades mates.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely Rothwell is that man?

Doubt they would loan us him to sit on the bench.

Ya, I would hope so, but hasn't he played more in Smallwood and Evans position that Dacks? I would love to see him get a run in Dacks off the bench regularly, but then I suppose if we are taking Dack off, ToMo generally favours a defensive replacement.  

No, I doubt they would, but did they think it would be different at sheffield united I wonder? To send him somewhere to start is a lot to ask, he is only 17. Can you see many manager sin the Championship starting a 17 year old loanee? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As a back up to Dack he could be perfect, coming off the bench etc. However, could we really rely on a 17 year old if Dack was to miss a game? Nope. 

Hate to be 'that guy' but he's 19, same as £7million Brereton ? 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely Rothwell is that man?

Doubt they would loan us him to sit on the bench.

Agreed. Rothwell needs game time. Maybe not quite as impactful as Palmer but he does have the significant advantage of actually being our player. Also think he has the makings of a really top performer.

If we bring in a winger for Palmer we will be in better shape than before when effectively having three players (Dack, Palmer, Rothwell) who all want to play number 10.

6 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Nixon also stated he wouldn't bet against, or words to that effect, Marshall's return as he's available.

No thank you, bailed on us when the going got tough.

Couldn't agree more. Marshall's attitude was an absolute disgrace when he was here and there were some suggestions he was having difficulties with depression as well.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. I'll be really upset if we sign him back.

Is there any chance of signing anyone who hasnt played for us before? Come to think of it, is there any chance of us signing anyone?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

There is undoubtedly a player in there somewhere with Marshall, but he seems to bring too much baggage with him, so I imagine we'd swerve that signing.

That said, I'd back Mowbray to get the best out of him. I still think there's a case of people re-writing history again with him. 

34 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

We aren't signing Ben Marshall. Seems these lazy reporters can't look past the previously played for the club mark.

Wouldn't fit in with the grafting attitude of the team either. Goes hiding when it gets difficult.

What Nixon lazy reporting? Never

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

What Nixon lazy reporting? Never

He is singularly the worst thing about the transfer windows for me; pals with all the wrong people and just continuously throws shit at the wall hoping for something to stick whilst getting paid for it, first class wand. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

We aren't signing Ben Marshall. Seems these lazy reporters can't look past the previously played for the club mark.

Wouldn't fit in with the grafting attitude of the team either. Goes hiding when it gets difficult.

Maybe but at times it feels like our scouting network is a little lazy as well!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

He is singularly the worst thing about the transfer windows for me; pals with all the wrong people and just continuously throws shit at the wall hoping for something to stick whilst getting paid for it, first class wand. 

Yes but a Nixon rumour is better than no ru... Actually never mind.