BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I appoint Coyle as Rovers manager? No I didnt. 

No hypocrisy at all. It appears you are joining the Stuart and little gang friends. Fair you if thats the case good luck. 

Most long balls in the league? This lovely stat every time you quote me you repeat the same line. Blimey give it rest. Already explained why we keep having to play long balls but you dismiss the reasons why we arent more open. Teams have work us out so we have to change slightly but you have dismiss this. So we will kept having the same problem.

Oh yes Mowbray. The guy who has rebuild a football club and fanbase with 18 months and has us top 10. Where are the other 2 promoted sides again? Oh yes lower half of the table. 

I never did, I never said you shouldnt have judged him on results either. I was pointing out that giving any "dingle" a chance or waiting to judge goes against the grain of what you said earlier about Cook. 

Youve never explained why we need to play long balls and it wasnt meant as a pop at Mowbray, it was further evidence of your hypocrisy. Dismissing Big Sam and Dyche solely for their long ball football.

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Call me old fashioned but we need to play two strikers. Knock it long and get balls in the box. We aren’t good enough for fancy possession fitba.

The only reason we don’t in my opinion is Bradley Dack, hoping for his genius each game. Which means we are stuck playing this odd 4-2-3-1.

There was a game a month or so a go where we played 4-4-2 with wide playmakers not wingers which allowed Nyambe and Bell to overlap. I liked that.

My team for Wigan:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Rodwell Evans Rothwell

Graham Brereton

This gives a target man to aim for and has Bell and Nyambe bombing forward. More direct. 

Dack has a seat as I thought his overall perfomance at Preston was very poor. Armstrong to come off the bench with his pace. Bennett been poor for too long and I hate seeing him play wide right in the 4231.

Lenihan and Mulgrew need a shake, that was unacceptable, Lenihan in particular has had multiple clangers this season. That first goal was embarrassing play from an international centre half. Need a CB for competition in the window.

Ever thought of applying for a managers job?  I love that line-up. I hope TM reads this board. This post makes so much sense.

• Backroom

If ever we needed a midweek game it’s now, under Mowbray I can’t recall us having many consistent bad runs and tend to bounce back quickly.

A somewhat mystifying team selection followed by a 2-1 win 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackburn Bob said:

Raya

Nyambe mulgrew lenihan bell

Reed.              Rodwell 

Palmer.         Dack.          Rothwell

Brereton 

Yup, that would be my preference although Id probably go Smallwood over Rodwell.

Either way it needs shaking up a bit. I would give Dack one more chance but I wouldn't object if we did start with 2 strikers up front in Graham and Brereton either. I've often wondered why TM won't try that to give the forward men more support, even usually going like for like, replacing one striker for another when we're chasing a game.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

So you did say these things despite your denial, not 5 minutes ago?

Pleased you have make your little fan group very happy. Im sure you and little fan group will be little sly comments on here about me until the game starts. Thats good for you. Ive got better things to do. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Youve never explained why we need to play long balls and it wasnt meant as a pop at Mowbray, it was further evidence of your hypocrisy. Dismissing Big Sam and Dyche solely for their long ball football.

Yes I did cos Dack is man mark and stop us playing the ball into his feet or he has to come so deep to get its pointless. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did cos Dack is man mark and stop us playing the ball into his feet or he has to come so deep to get its pointless. 

Do we only have Dack to pass to? Why can't we play it out wide to the wingers and let them do the creating. Oh, hang on...

Another goal from a set-piece at the weekend and none from open play. I remember you slagging Pulis earlier in the season. Mowbray's 'style' is very similar. Pulis, however, can set his teams up to defend. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

yet again Stuart wrong again but posting that sort of stuff will excited your little fan club and play to your supporters. That's why you posted that stuff. another poster who posted lies after lies

I wasn't a fan of Coyle and never was. I never wanted him here and never would. 

I gave him his a chance to prove me wrong but sadly you couldn't walk the walk after talk the talk. But I wanted a plan in place to who we replace him with just like I always do. 

You wanted the owners to trust him with 5M!! Is that not backing him? No-one else trusted him with a brass button.

7 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

its one of those games Mowbray will surprise us all with an attacking line up.
Raya, Bell, Mulgrew, Rodwell, Nyambe, Evans, Reed, Palmer, Rothwell, Dack, Graham

Bennett suspended. Lenihan/Smallwood one card away from one-game suspension.

Let's just hope so! Can see us bouncing back with that team! 

7 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

its one of those games Mowbray will surprise us all with an attacking line up.
Raya, Bell, Mulgrew, Rodwell, Nyambe, Evans, Reed, Palmer, Rothwell, Dack, Graham

Bennett suspended. Lenihan/Smallwood one card away from one-game suspension.

just got to get through this game as cut off date for 5 booking is 30/11

Edited by had.e.nuff

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

And yet, there are posts by you which say otherwise...

5900EA10-4C56-4EBC-88D1-5747A3505527.jpeg

BCDEE3E5-0E5D-4158-A186-83320FF91C5E.jpeg

7995BD24-418F-4684-98DE-D34BE6BD259F.jpeg

B981C811-B724-4367-86AD-66E9427F72A2.jpeg

To be honest some of those quotes are questionable evidence that he supported Coyle. The signings did look positive at the time and I don't see how saying we should spend money is supporting Coyle. 

Must be just your fan club liking it :D 

Do you have a little notebook beside your desk where you note what Chaddy says? You must have a lot of free time 

Petty stuff.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Think Wigan have similar issues to what we see on here!

will some on here just grow up and respect others who have differing opinions to yours!

On to the game it will be a tough one would love to see us win but think it has a draw written all over it!

If Tony plays the team we want and we get a result. Last Saturday match will be forgotten about. 

A win will make up for Saturday. A draw in isolation would be a decent result but coupled with 1 point from 6 v Rotherham and Preston and it represents a poor return from 3 games against poorer sides. Need to pick up a win to keep the ball rolling.

On 25/11/2018 at 14:09, Mercer said:

Mowbray needs to be big, bold and brave.  Just feckin go for it right from the start and let the opposition worry about us for a change.  Graham and Brereton up front for me.

This kind of opinion I find hilarious. Imagine if football was this simple.

Why do you think Preston constantly played cut backs against us on saturday? Is it because Alex Neil said “go for it” and only did attacking drills for a week!? They looked at our past games and found ways to test us, we crumbled. Equally they sat Dack out the game for large spells and isolated the FBs. It’s not an accident.

I expect and want a pragmatic thoughtful approach personally. Taking that into account, Wigan have a big solid team that are going to trouble us at set pieces. Equally, DG ain’t troubling those two huge centre backs the same way Armstrong running in behind will.

I expect a mixture of the 4231 with changes, perhaps AA up top, Dack, Palmer, Bennett in behind. See Hull away early season for a blueprint.

If I was looking at changing style in future, a subtle move to a 4312 might work with Brererton and AA in front of Dack, Reed and Bennett as wider CMs, Smallwood or Evans as the sitting CM.

Or perhaps it’s time to go to a fresh 532, Dack and Graham upfront - stick Rodwell as a link to midfield, and an organiser, between Mulgrew and Lenihan, for a back three with great passing to push right up and press teams. 

As for result - defending is key, regardless of the “fan denial esq” reactions to the choice of forwards. I’d take a 0-0 right now!

• Like 2