BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

personally for this game I would go with Dack on the bench. Bring him on when the opposition have tired both physically and mentally. Also it is much harder for the opposition manager to get across how he wants to mark Dack, to his players whilst the game is actually in progress. Winning games is sometimes down to confusing the opposition. 

Very good point! 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

personally for this game I would go with Dack on the bench. Bring him on when the opposition have tired both physically and mentally. Also it is much harder for the opposition manager to get across how he wants to mark Dack, to his players whilst the game is actually in progress. Winning games is sometimes down to confusing the opposition. 

I have been saying this for the last 3 games 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Well hasn't TM tried to confuse opponents already with his recent starting eleven especially with Dacks position  ??    certainly confused many on here ! 

Get Dack back to his preferred position and starting the game . Ifs Dacks as good as what we think or hope he is his he will come good again and start to give opposition teams the runaround. And if they  want to double up in marking him so be it ..lets play against ten men..gaps for others to exploit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have no recognised left back. I would put Rothwell or Armstrong right inside forward and test whoever is playing there early doors

I have a feeling this will be a repeat of the Ewood game last season. We will fly out of the traps, but shoddy defending will allow them back in 

Armstrong worries me.  On Saturday against Penders he gave up early doors whereas you'd expect a player at this level to have a few ideas to test the opposition.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They have no recognised left back. I would put Rothwell or Armstrong right inside forward and test whoever is playing there early doors. 

I have a feeling this will be a repeat of the Ewood game last season. We will fly out of the traps, but shoddy defending will allow them back in 

Good thinking. Byrne will start at right back with Reece James the Chelsea lad will go left back. They’ve also been training Da Silva the CM they bought to play full back.

No Dunkley so Burn the only one with height at the back, Powell missing too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was Paul Cook being intended to fill in at left back for them?

Left back central midfield or striker, no matters as long as he gets kick in the ballz

Edited by Mark45

5 hours ago, Mark45 said:

I will be in Wigan for Championship game over Borussia Dortmund V Club Brugge where free ticketing was for me and wife.

I hope for - 2-1 win and Wigan manager to have injury.

In Tony we trust.

Well done pal, proper supporter you. ?

May I ask what initially attracted your attention to our famous club?

12 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Aye, but losing games is inevitable if you continue to do what has proven to be your undoing in previous instances...

You mean like dropping Danny Graham?

It's notable that we were 1-0 up at Swansea and 0-0 against Sheffield united when Graham went off. We were 2-0 down when he came on against Preston. We obviously lost all games.

Graham provides an outlet for the team when they are under pressure that playimg Palmer, Dack or Armstrong simply doesn't give us. When Graham doesn't play, we switch to plan B, and plan B has been proven to be not very good.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Graham provides an outlet for the team when they are under pressure that playimg Palmer, Dack or Armstrong simply doesn't give us. When Graham doesn't play, we switch to plan B, and plan B has been proven to be not very good.

Added to that, the players don't seem to adapt their style when Graham isn't on the pitch. Lenihan kept firing long aimless balls forward in the first half on Saturday. 

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Added to that, the players don't seem to adapt their style when Graham isn't on the pitch. Lenihan kept firing long aimless balls forward in the first half on Saturday. 

There is no plan B and never has been. Apart form the long diagonal to the 'wide forward' which is just a variation on a theme. We are set up to contain the opposition in the main, hence our cautious first half performances in nearly every game. It's been our strength at times and we've been able to nick a 1-0 here and there from a Dack goal or a set-piece, but it also means it takes us ages to get into the game and by that time it's sometimes too late. Can anyone remember a time when we've come flying out of the blocks at home and gone for the jugular like PNE did on Saturday? I genuinely can't. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There is no plan B and never has been. Apart form the long diagonal to the 'wide forward' which is just a variation on a theme. We are set up to contain the opposition in the main, hence our cautious first half performances in nearly every game. It's been our strength at times and we've been able to nick a 1-0 here and there from a Dack goal or a set-piece, but it also means it takes us ages to get into the game and by that time it's sometimes too late. Can anyone remember a time when we've come flying out of the blocks at home and gone for the jugular like PNE did on Saturday? I genuinely can't. 

Wigan at home last year but it does seem an isolated incident.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I get the feeling that might happen. If he doesn't start a few heads will be scratched. Anybody else heard the rumour that the deal was he isn't allowed to start a game until we sign him permanently ?

Another possibility, but I think the same result would be achieved by placing heavy financial incentive on starts. £/start for Forest.

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

Be interesting to see the following tonight after Saturdays fantastic turnout.

Has anyone seen how many tickets have been shifted? 

It was around 1.5k on Monday I think although don't reckon tonight was ever destined to be a huge turnout but you'd have expected 2.5k or so really.