BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It was around 1.5k on Monday I think although don't reckon tonight was ever destined to be a huge turnout but you'd have expected 2.5k or so really.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anyone know if we can pay on the day for the away end tonight ?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Get past 2000 and it is fair does considering. Wigan would only bring that to us on a Saturday and even the mighty amazingly well supported Middlesbrough only took 900 to Preston last night.

It, would be a good following as you say.

Talking of North End, I note the gate last night at Deepdale was only 10,990: 'Plastics' indeed!

On 26/11/2018 at 18:11, Biz said:

This kind of opinion I find hilarious. Imagine if football was this simple.

Why do you think Preston constantly played cut backs against us on saturday? Is it because Alex Neil said “go for it” and only did attacking drills for a week!? They looked at our past games and found ways to test us, we crumbled. Equally they sat Dack out the game for large spells and isolated the FBs. It’s not an accident.

I expect and want a pragmatic thoughtful approach personally. Taking that into account, Wigan have a big solid team that are going to trouble us at set pieces. Equally, DG ain’t troubling those two huge centre backs the same way Armstrong running in behind will.

I expect a mixture of the 4231 with changes, perhaps AA up top, Dack, Palmer, Bennett in behind. See Hull away early season for a blueprint.

If I was looking at changing style in future, a subtle move to a 4312 might work with Brererton and AA in front of Dack, Reed and Bennett as wider CMs, Smallwood or Evans as the sitting CM.

Or perhaps it’s time to go to a fresh 532, Dack and Graham upfront - stick Rodwell as a link to midfield, and an organiser, between Mulgrew and Lenihan, for a back three with great passing to push right up and press teams. 

As for result - defending is key, regardless of the “fan denial esq” reactions to the choice of forwards. I’d take a 0-0 right now!

Top stuff, very knowledgeable 

53 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

My Starting 11

Raya

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew   Bell

Conway Reed Smallwood Rothwell

Dack         

Brereton

Graham to come on 75th minute. Armstrong to come on later also.

Sounds like Evans will be back to me.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I get the feeling that might happen. If he doesn't start a few heads will be scratched. Anybody else heard the rumour that the deal was he isn't allowed to start a game until we sign him permanently ?

If that was the case why only give him 20m-25m a game? Also why sub him on to play out wide. I think it's down to the managers decision and being to loyal to certain players.

• Like 1

Have to play it safe and go back to the formula that has delivered success so far:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew William

Smallwood Evans

Reed      Dack      Armstrong

Graham

Like it or not the defense looks far more vulnerable without Evans/Smallwood in front of them. Reed has to play instead of Bennett and Graham up top.

Back to what we know and not 'a new style of football'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Have to play it safe and go back to the formula that has delivered success so far:

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Graham

Like it or not the defense looks far more vulnerable without Evans/Smallwood in front of them. Reed has to play instead of Bennett and Graham up top.

If what we know has Williams at left back and Reed playing on the wing then we know nothing.

I'm not opposed to returning to the Smallwood/Evans axis just so long as its not at the expense of Reed playing out wide.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Raya

Smallwood Evans

Graham

Dack needs some attacking support behind him. Smallwood/evans do not offer that. Reed HAS to be central! IMO Your team is settling for a draw. Also i don't get why people would start Armstrong? What about Rothwell, give the lad a chance.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Evans

Graham

Pretty sure that will be the team

I would play the below 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed Evans

Rothwell      Dack      Armstrong

Brereton

• Like 1

Raya

Nyambe         Williams         Mulgrew       Bell

Evans  Reed     

Armstrong                  Dack                    Rothwell

Graham

Defence needs a shake up after some dismal performances, so would play williams at centre back, where he is a lot better than he is at LB. Drop Lenihan or Mulgrew. Drop Smallwood as he can't pass the ball and get's over run most games. Get Evans in there, who can interchange from defence to attack better than any other player we have, and Reed because he's a top player. Then two on the wings who are quicky or pacey and can create on the counter, with Dack and Graham. Squad really does need some proper wingers though.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, AAK said:

Raya

Nyambe         Williams         Mulgrew       Bell

Evans  Reed     

Armstrong                  Dack                    Rothwell

Graham

Defence needs a shake up after some dismal performances, so would play williams at centre back, where he is a lot better than he is at LB. Drop Lenihan or Mulgrew. Drop Smallwood as he can't pass the ball and get's over run most games. Get Evans in there, who can interchange from defence to attack better than any other player we have, and Reed because he's a top player. Then two on the wings who are quicky or pacey and can create on the counter, with Dack and Graham. Squad really does need some proper wingers though.

I’d personally play Rodwell in place of Williams, but I do like the intensity of that line-up.

Would also put Brereton in Graham’s place, but I’ve no issues with Graham starting.