BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

Another 4 changes tonight but it’s the front 5 many expected. 

Warranted and required to an extent for tonight’s match after Saturday but we really need some consistency with the selection soon - too many changes week in week out.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

I've nothing against Smallwood (he's been a solid player for us) but I'd love to know what Mowbray thinks he brings to the midfield that Reed doesn't as for me Reed does everything Smallwood does and more and it would also allows us to play one of Palmer, Brereton or Rothwell wide. I know Williams was bad on Saturday but Bell has been awful all season. It looks like a team set up not to lose rather than a team sent to go out there and take the initiative. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Franky said:

Line up typically not brave enough.

At least that Donkey Palmer has been dropped !

Half right. 

‘Don’t judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree’...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Cheers for link. From my point of view, exactly what we needed. I want to see us back to basics tonight, too much poor defending this season. Lenihan and Williams deserved the hook after Saturday!

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I really wish we’d be more aggressive and less conservative. Reed is a DM and he’s playing RW and we’ve got attacking players on the bench ?.

Problem is, we have no wingers so whoever plays out wide is a square peg.  We don't have the width to hurt teams, the pace to counter or the height for direct play.  We are still very much lacking an identity or style  despite TM having more than 18 months to develop one.

Feel we will get done by Wigan's more direct approach.  

Hopefully, there is a reaction to PNE though and that is enough to get us the points.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Nah. He's had the odd bad game and a lot of very good ones, Donald

Still sore? Not even a nibble from me.

Returning from fishing and back to football related talk- Nyambe needs a better display tonight too. I rate him and Darragh highly, both potential premier league players but we could score 2 or 3, and still drop points if we aren’t at it from the first minute + we make similar basic defensive errors to Saturday. (And Ipswich away, Reading at home, Bristol away, villa at home, last ten minutes of stoke away, Forest and Sheff united at home, Swansea away, Etc etc)

I’ve never been concerned about the goals under Mowbray, it’s the organisation and consistent defending. He is a damn sight better at it than Mercer’s best mate Clownpants, but he’s no Big Sam or Hughes eye for detail on defending. Obviously we have lesser players, but Bolton away/Brentford at home/Hull away are our only (what I’d personally describe as) properly solid displays.