BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

Can't agree with the 2 and 1/2 artists and the rest being soldiers. Armstrong isn't good enough to be starting he's dangerous when given space but you can tell he's never been a winger.

Can't justify Smallwood starting. I admire being loyal but loyalty will often lead to a downturn in results. What message is being sent when you know you'll be starting the next game regardless.

Lucky to be 1 down. Team is playing far to deep and predictable. We've two centre halfs who have played midfield so why aren't we playing a passing game. Their big centre half has Graham and Dack in his pocket in the air. 

Swap Reed with Smallwood

Take Smallwood off for Rothwell

Give Armstrong 10 more minutes then if nothing happens. Get him off for Brereton.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, tomphil said:

You can count the good first halves under Mowbray on one hand it really is annoying now and when you get up against a strong side we struggle from the first min with the approach we have.

Was the same last season but Rovers were mostly strong enough to weather it or grow into it and hit back if behind, think that'll prove rather hard over this season.

Just irritates me that the team selections are so negative from the off, then he invariably changes it before too long, in effectively an admission it was wrong!

How about showing some spuds from the beginning and letting a team worry about us for a change? Instead of bricking it about every team we face?!

For christ’s sake!

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

You can count the good first halves under Mowbray on one hand it really is annoying now and when you get up against a strong side we struggle from the first min with the approach we have.

Since the opening day, #Rovers have failed to score in the first half of 12 of their next 18 matches. No shot on target in the opening 45 minutes here.

• Like 1

What a dreadful performance. We never play well at Wigan Away, but this is the worst I’ve seen us play in a while.

Passing has been Conference level, and the whole team look half asleep. They all look so off the pace, even Armstrong looks lethargic and slow today.

Defensively we have been in complete disarray, especially on the left hand side.

Mowbray needs to absolutely blast them at half time and make at least 1 change at half time.

Either Smallwood or Evans off for Rothwell, and maybe Brereton off for Graham or Armstrong. Graham hasn’t done much wrong though, we just need to try something new.

Just now, superniko said:

We have to get away from this 2 holding midfielder nonsense. Neither have pace, both turn like a barge, and neither are playmakers. We just cannot play them there together. For me it has to be reed and either Rodwell or Bennett alongside at least then we'll have Box to Box and some playmaking ability in the middle. 

How Rothwell doesn't start is beyond me too. 

The relegation thread will be open soon with Boro, Norwich, Leeds and Sheff Utd to play in December

Bennett in midfield provides energy , Reed at West Bromwich was Battyesque...

• Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Since the opening day, #Rovers have failed to score in the first half of 12 of their next 18 matches. No shot on target in the opening 45 minutes here.

It’s dire PB to think I almost drove back from Camden Town and back again for work the next day for this shit. I’m sorry but Mowbray has ducked this season

1 minute ago, Scotland1 said:

It’s dire PB to think I almost drove back from Camden Town and back again for work the next day for this shit. I’m sorry but Mowbray has ducked this season

Yeah watching it on ifollow, at least those watching on the sky red button thing can switch to the Villa v Forest game for a bit of excitement, only alternative  here is Derby and Stoke on TV :)

Edited by perthblue02

At no spell in mowbray reign have we been dominant and fluent for a whole game, I think he is on thin ice, he doesn’t seem to know how to change it. He was talking about a new approach and way we play- how exactly? Is the new approach to go 3-4 down before we play because that’s what it looks like 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

Unsurprising. Even in L1 our first half performances were usually garbage. Mowbray seems unable to motivate our team to play well for longer than one half. You can get away with it in L1 due to the terrible quality of the opposition but not in this league. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Just irritates me that the team selections are so negative from the off, then he invariably changes it before too long, in effectively an admission it was wrong!

How about showing some spuds from the beginning and letting a team worry about us for a change? Instead of bricking it about every team we face?!

For christ’s sake!

It's a total carry over from the Bowyer days the bloody obsession with starting two defensive mids all the time that basically just sit in front of the back four and invite the other side on. We've done good counter attacking away early on but been sussed now as pointed out so we offer nothing it's putrid at times and needn't be. Could understand if we kept keeping clean sheets with that approach or grinding out wins but it proves costly just as many times as it actually works.

• Backroom

It’s awful but we aren’t at the point of seeking for Tony’s head, not for a good while yet!

Armstrong should be off for Rothwell and get Brereton on for Evans or Smallwood 

Just now, Tom said:

It’s awful but we aren’t at the point of seeking for Tony’s head, not for a good while yet!

Armstrong should be off for Rothwell and get Brereton on for Evans or Smallwood 

Really? If I was Waggott I’d be saying if we lose again this isn’t acceptable Tony. Your on thin ice