BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

On 27/11/2018 at 12:46, den said:

Haven’t seen rovers a lot lately, but for me after Saturdays performance, Williams wouldn’t start at left back again. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a left back taken to the cleaners by average players - as he was against PNE.

Happened again. 

• Like 2

Mowbray has been tactically inept since he arrived here, taking Bennett off for Mahoney when we were 1 goal up against Preston in the dying minutes during the relegation season being a prime example. Pure team spirit (which he has to be commended for) carried us home last season, but team spirit alone just isn’t enough in this league and he’s getting found out badly.

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why is it that when we win we end up hanging on with teams streaming at us but when we lose we don’t ever look like making them sweat?

Every game we've won has been by 1 goal this season. It was inevitable we were going to regress to the mean and we have shown that over the last 2 weeks. 

Mowbray needs to sort it out, big test for him ahead.  

• Like 1

Just back in Westhoughton let me say that that was the most abject display since Coyle was sacked. Truly abysmal from the 1st minute.

Wrong formation, wrong team and not one player seemed to know his position or how the team was set up to play.

wigan kicked us off the park with ease, they harried bullied and made that count at the right moment.

Have to say that Vaughan should have been sent off in the first minute so bad was his challenge, and indeed the ref didn’t do himself any favours after that.

Something isn’t quite right but it better change before we find ourselves down the bottom of the table.

Worst thing of the night was seeing Williams lack of basic defensive knowledge just after we had scored and that from an international player.

Total shocker

Just got home. I’ll always give the opposition credit if they are worthy but honestly Wigan are awful, shows how bad we were tonight. Everytime they had a corner you felt as though they would score. That second goal Jesus, keeper launches it Rodwell misses the header and then takes their lad down. Sunday league stuff, don’t let the ball bounce it’s basic man. First half as it went on, they were constantly running at bell who looked devout of any confidence and Armstrong was giving him no defensive cover at all. He was swapped flanks with Reedy after their first went in which by the way, how there lad was able to cut inside and take his time to pick the bottom corner out was a disgrace. Dack needs to be told to cut any media work out till he’s worthy of the praise, he’s been off the pace for weeks. Possibly the worst performance I’ve seen from us tonight under mowbray. I know we got thumped at the weekend but at least we actually created some chances, tonight we created F all and TM really needs to let them have it as it was absolutely unacceptable. We need a new left back in Jan, Williams got turned all over when he came on and Bell looks out of his depth. Charlie needs a bruiser alongside him at the back and we cannot be relying on Graham to be our main striker as he hasn’t got the legs for it. Every team has a bad run and hopefully we can put these recent performances behind us. Very very frustrating. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Mowbray has been tactically inept since he arrived here, taking Bennett off for Mahoney when we were 1 goal up against Preston in the dying minutes during the relegation season being a prime example. Pure team spirit (which he has to be commended for) carried us home last season, but team spirit alone just isn’t enough in this league and he’s getting found out badly.

Team spirit comes cheap when you're winning most of the time. It's when you're up against it that the real attitude of the players is on show.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Especially when nothing he tries is coming off!!

Just now the bit of magic he has is missing, he’s been stumbling around a bit recently, literally tripping himself up.

Hes got the quality no doubt just hope he’s still here when he finds form again 

• Backroom
On 27/11/2018 at 21:09, Mark45 said:

I will be in Wigan for Championship game over Borussia Dortmund V Club Brugge where free ticketing was for me and wife.

I hope for - 2-1 win and Wigan manager to have injury.

In Tony we trust.

I promise it’s not always this bad!

Hope you at least enjoyed the trip a little bit!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

Halle fooking lujah

The main obstacle to going back to basics is Mowbray himself! Time for accepting some responsibility here.

Play the best eleven every week, in their right positions, with appropriate balance between attack and defence, playing to our strengths and their weaknesses rather than the other way round, and fix the gaps in the squad in January that were apparent in the summer.

That's your job Tony, in a nutshell.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Neal said:

Because we have no midfield Tom. All i see Lennihan and Mulgrew do most of the time is launch it to Graham, tired and predictable. We miss out the midfield because there's no f*cker creating or controlling anything in centre mid, all we do is chase, there's no quality in there unless Rothwell plays. Every time I watch our midfielders get the ball they always seem to have someone up their arse with their back to goal and either give it straight back or play sideways, hardly anyone has the ability to find themselves in space and receive the ball on the half turn to set up play... When we do everyone is stood on their heels. 

If he doesn't look at the midfield he's picked in the past 2 games and feel anything other than shame then he's kidding himself. 

51st minute before our first shot, maybe that should tell us that something needs to change Mogga. He's turning out to be very tactically Inept or naive this season. I can very quickly see things turning to sh*t and Blackburn Rovers reverting to type. He/we need results and fast. 

Agree with a lot of your posts! Been saying this even when we've been winning games. Spot on

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Team spirit comes cheap when you're winning most of the time. it's when you're up against it that the real attitude of the players is on show.

We only have 2/3  players who will always wear their heart on their sleeve. Bennett, Smallwood and Lennihan.

Smallwood however isn't good enough to be starting in this league and Bennett is jack of all trades, master of none.  Probably best suited to cm as he creates nothing further forward.

The rest are fair weather.  

Said last year, we were physically weak and too small all over the pitch.  Nothing done to address that in the transfer window.

I'm guessing we must have the smallest average height in the division and probably the slowest squad as well.

• Like 1

Embarrasing performance. Mowbray has had 2 weeks to prepare for 2 local derbies and we have been embarassed in both.

He signed 7 players, none of which were centre backs. Rodwell again gave away a penalty in the most pathetic way ever, beaten by a long ball from their keeper.

The sub at half time, to bring on a shocking left back for a striker at 1 down summed the manager up. Shocking.

Why does he keep persisting with Smallwood. He is nowhere near good enough.

Both of the left backs were as bad as anyone, Bell is an absolutely shocking player and Williams was easily beaten again as he was at Preston.

Armstrong was shocking yet again, where is Rothwell? Even Palmer? Dack was shite again too although all of our attackers are not going to thrive if we have no attacking plans aside from hoofing it in the air. Brereton was rubbish too when he came on. Over 9m spent and has it improved us?

The team didnt seem to have a plan, was disorganised, disinterested, didnt seem to know what it was doing, just shocking and Mowbray has to take the blame for that.

23 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Bell’s not great but he’ll go on to have a better career than what Williams will have.

No he won't. Williams has played for villa , Bristol city and us in the championship and spent most if his career their. Bell has played for Fleetwood as season for us and he will be back in league one next season

• Like 1

The whole team spirit thing is interesting...

It was easy to buy into last season, and up until fairly recently with Smallwood sticking the gloves on and such like. But all of a sudden questions are being raised about the character of the players. A few weeks ago it would have been unthinkable that there would be criticisms of this nature after games against Preston and Wigan.

Its worth remembering that the senior pros in the squad (Mulgrew, Bennett, Graham, Conway, Williams, Evans) were there when we pathetically slipped into the third tier. At the time I wouldn’t have been overly bothered had any of them been shipped out.

Mowbray appeared to add what he refers to as players with the right mentality, and we had a great season. All the aforementioned got a free pass for the prior season. Clearly additions to the squad like Dack are big personalities, but I think there has been a tendency (fuelled in no small part by a well orchestrated Twitter love in) to mistake a bunch of players who get on well, have a laugh, and who thoroughly enjoyed the plaudits their relative success brought, with players who have a genuine affinity for the club, or even enough strength of character to do what’s required when the going gets tough.

Who in that dressing room is going to bollock his team mates? Who’s going to reign in a player and ground him if his head is turned?

• Like 5