BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

Maybe rumours of zero investment in Jan has disappointed a few but going through the motions is something that can be aimed at most of then in the last two games as well as the manager trying to create something that will never work with what he has at the moment.

We've only really got one or two artists but where the hell have the soldiers gone ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Maybe rumours of zero investment in Jan has disappointed a few but going through the motions is something that can be aimed at most of then in the last two games as well as the manager trying to create something that will never work with what he has at the moment.

We've only really got one or two artists but where the hell have the soldiers gone ?

What looks like the £7million Brereton farce will linger for some time to come! 

Edited by Mercer

Well Dack is off for sure, has played with zero effort the past two games, wonder if something was agreed over the international break.

Thought it couldn’t get much worse after Preston, but it got a lot worse. 

Smallwood, nice guy but not a footballer. Williams would have been lucky to get back on the bus if I was the manager. The rest weren’t much better.

The team is an absolute shambles right now, and I’m not really sure how it’s gonna get fixed.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I wonder if the players are starting to lose a bit of confidence in the manager due to some of his weird team selections.

We got away with it last season in a p i s s poor league.

This season will be entirely different.  We've rode our luck in several matches already this season.

If thumping and embarrassing defeats against average Championship teams like PNE and wigan don't get the alarm bells ringing.................................. 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Well Dack is off for sure, has played with zero effort the past two games, wonder if something was agreed over the international break.

Smallwood, nice guy but not a footballer. Williams would have been lucky to get back on the bus if I was the manager. The rest weren’t much better.

The team is an absolute shambles right now, and I’m not really sure how it’s gonna get fixed.

Make no mistake, his value is plummeting by the match.

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Baffling team selections that the players aren't buying into would be my starting point.

Nail, hammer, head. 

Normally I'd be full square behind the manager calling out the players after the last 2 performances but I think it's TM who needs to go "back to basics".

Stop playing players out of position, stick with a formation and system they can buy into and get your best attacking players out on the pitch and give the opposition something to think about for a change instead of treating every game like we're playing Man City.

Also, games last 90 minutes. It would help if occasionally we tried to tear the opposition a new butt hole and win the game in the first 20 minutes instead of coasting through the first half trying to stay in the game and then invariably having to go **** or bust to try and either win the game or retrieve a deficit after about 63 mins.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

We got away with it last season in a p i s s poor league.

This season will be entirely different.  We've rode our luck in several matches already this season.

If thumping and embarrassing defeats against average Championship teams like PNE and wigan don't get the alarm bells ringing.................................. 

Much of your criticism is fair on this season and in particular the last 2 games but you cant discredit what we did last season.

Not out of the question that the dressing room is not as cohesive as it maybe was.  I can't imagine the Chelsea lad is happy being in and out.  Rothwell must be fuming.  I imagine Dack isn't his normal happy self  if his performances are anything to go by.  Rodwell also comes with previous.  

Remember the core of the team that brought us up, was also the one that took us down.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Much of your criticism is fair on this season and in particular the last 2 games but you cant discredit what we did last season.

Mowbray got us up at the first time of asking.  If he hadn't, it would have been a huge failure.

We were the best resourced club in a p i s s poor league - a league far less competitive than the old Third Division that Gordon Lee and Howard Kendall got us out of. 

There were a number of matches where we 'got away with it'.  That wont happen in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Also really disappointed in Charlie Mulgrew these past two games. What is going on with him. You can’t lose it in two weeks can you? No fire, no passion, nobody getting a bullocking.

Maybe Charlie is miffed that Mowbray didn't allow him to link up with Scotland in international week.

Just now, Mercer said:

Mowbray got us up at the first time of asking.  If he hadn't, it would have been a huge failure.

We were the best resourced club in a p i s s poor league - a league far less competitive than the old Third Division that Gordon Lee and Howard Kendall got us out of. 

There were a number of matches where we 'got away with it'.  That wont happen in the Championship.

It would have been. It was expected to get promoted but we did get promoted and you have to give him credit for that otherwise its harder to take your valid points about our more recent performances at face value. 

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

He's either off or been told he isn't going in Jan and hasn't taken it well.

Got to be honest.  I'd get rid in January if a big money offer comes in.  He had gone off the boil at Gillingham when we bought him.  Talented lad but got to question if he mentally wants to improve  or just wants a laugh.  Last year I watched him chase players all over the pitch to get the ball back, not seen that desire this season.  We also have to play a certain way so he can play in the hole which compromises how we set up. 

No brainer IF the money gets reinvested but still don't trust Venkys to do that.

You can praise TM to all that will listen for our turn around the past 20 months and, like Bowyer, we'll (the majority) always be grateful... but the fact remains you could count the games we've genuinely played 'well' in for over 65 minutes on 1 hand, with probably a finger to spare, in that time period. That's around 4 games out of 80, imo.

Obviously we have to be careful what we wish for ie potential sacking the manager (at some point) but I guarantee there aren't many other managers out there who would persist with these debacles of 5 at the back, false 9's, Smallwood and Williams, 6 CM's (by trade) in the same starting 11 and a £7m 'Striker on the bench/right wing. 

Harrison Reed is our best CM, Smallwood is probably 8th. Let's start there on Saturday.

Sheffield Wednesday is now huge for TM as these past two games we look like a team that's fed up with the current tactics and management.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would have been. It was expected to get promoted but we did get promoted and you have to give him credit for that otherwise its harder to take your valid points about our more recent performances at face value. 

I have said Mowbray got us back at first time of asking, job done - on several occasions - what more do you want me to say?

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Agree with all of that.  We tended to only play for spells in a game - which was generally enough to win it.  A trait which has continued but where as we scored freely last season in the good spells, we haven't the quality to make/convert the chances in this league.  

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

You can praise TM to all that will listen for our turn around the past 20 months and, like Bowyer, we'll (the majority) always be grateful... but the fact remains you could count the games we've genuinely played 'well' in for over 65 minutes on 1 hand, with probably a finger to spare, in that time period. That's around 4 games out of 80, imo.

Obviously we have to be careful what we wish for ie potential sacking the manager (at some point) but I guarantee there aren't many other managers out there who would persist with these debacles of 5 at the back, false 9's, Smallwood and Williams, 6 CM's (by trade) in the same starting 11 and a £7m 'Striker on the bench/right wing. 

Harrison Reed is our best CM, Smallwood is probably 8th. Let's start there on Saturday.

Sheffield Wednesday is now huge for TM as these past two games we look like a team that's fed up with the current tactics and management.

Exactly how I see it.

• Like 1

what a woeful performance by the players. The seems a lack of passion and desire in the last 2 games. 

didn't mind the team selection in 4-2-3-1 formation. 

1st half we had a great chance to score did Graham which he put wide. The Wigan 1st goal was a lack of desire by Smallwood, Evans and Bell to close down Roberts and block the shot. so poor. we didn't pass the ball with any tempo and each other. so poor to watched. 

2nd half we change to 5-3-2 with Williams coming on Graham and going to the back 3 and Armstrong and Dack up front. We started fine for 1st 5 mins and Armstrong had a chance to score. It was a deffo a pen for Wigan and Rodwell was poor for that. We got lucky with our goal but the fightback was gone 2 mins later with more defending. 

Our passing tonight was unacceptable and worst I seen under Mowbray. I expect we will see more changes on Saturday and rightly so. 

Dack was pathetic tonight and something has happened to him since appearing on Soccer AM. maybe his head been turned or he has about moving and been told by the club he cant move in January I don't know, But I would drop him on Saturday along with some other players. 

We need some changes on Saturday and rightly so. I know the team I would pick but that's for another day

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Two midfielders as centre halves,

You could have been excused for thinking either Kean or Owen were still in charge.

Mulgrew is a midfielder? really?

you couldn't resist Mercer but mention your friends and your love in for Coyle for you. neighbour or friend of yours?

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well that scoreline flattered rovers. Quote of the day came from Tony saying he's never parked the bus in his life, he only knows how to attack. I will just let that sink in....

Dack had to come back to his own box to get a touch of the ball. Bell looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over. Rodwell apparently slipped for the penalty but he completely pulled out of a 50-50 he should of won.

No fight, no heart , no desire, no idea.

Appalling

Complete and utterly agree. Bell appalling but it’s unfair to signal out individuals. The fella on the touch line set them up and put them out there. He says no wholesale changes I think he needs to think again. I’m going to stop because I’m boring myself.

yes he got us out of a shit league but I feel we should be trying to be better.

this is his team selection and tactics and it’s shit . 

Ps I’ve been home and away and prior to losing it’s still been shit. We just got away with it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Rich Sharpe:

TM: “I’ve told the players that’s the worst I’ve seen since I’ve arrived. It’s unacceptable. It takes a lot for me to get angry with them but I don’t know where it came from. I apologise to the fans who travelled tonight.”

Reaction from Tony Mowbray: “That’s the worst performance I’ve seen since I walked through the door and I have to apologise to our fans. We have to be better than that, and we are better than that. We need to get back to basics.”

Stop talking and changes things. Rothwell doesn’t need to learn things he’s as good as what we’ve got and brings impetus to the game. Brerton is better as a striker than both Dack an Palmer. Why firstly it’s his natural position.  two  he’s taller and more importantly he has played more championship games in that position than both of them.

just thoughts,

but I can almost guarantee he won’t changethe team

in conclusion Conway for nyambe. Really really he must stop smoking that strong shit.