Wigan V ROVERS 28/11/18

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew  Williams

Rodwell

Evans                    Reed

Dack

Brereton     Graham

Square pegs, square holes. Raya makes me nervous at the moment. Let's not be afraid to use our Canadian international, who seems to be decent enough. Reed and Evans to help out defensively in the wide positions when needed. You know that this is the winning formula for Wednesday!

I like that system but I can't see Mowbray using it. If he changes from what he has been using then it will be to go for 3/5 at the back.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan                  Mulgrew       Williams

Evans                      Rodwell

Reed                                 Dack                            Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Travis, Smallwood, Rothwell, Brereton, Armstrong

Staggered to see people suggesting dropping Dack after a bad game yesterday, he's been involved in 10 of our 21 league goals. Who are we going to bring in to replicate those kind of numbers because if we have anyone capable then I am yet to see them. 

it isn't just yesterday that Dack has had poor game but recently teams have man marked out of the game. This is why I suggested playing him wide for a spell of the game to give the opposition a different problem. 

for me, I would drop Dack and play the team I picked last night

• Moderation Lead

Playing Dack wide would be a terrible idea IMO. Square pegs in round holes is one of Mowbray’s biggest faults. 

Dack as no.10 or nowhere. You wouldn’t play Evans left wing, would you?

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

it isn't just yesterday that Dack has had poor game but recently teams have man marked out of the game. This is why I suggested playing him wide for a spell of the game to give the opposition a different problem. 

for me, I would drop Dack and play the team I picked last night

Dack is our match winner though. Last week against Rotherham we were heading for defeat Dack got us a point. The week before against QPR it was Dack who stepped up to win the game. Away to Bolton it was Dack on the mark to win the game. That's 7 of our last 11 points that Dack has scored the sole goal in to get us a result. I will ask again who are we going to bring in that is going to replace those sort of numbers?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Dack is our match winner though. Last week against Rotherham we were heading for defeat Dack got us a point. The week before against QPR it was Dack who stepped up to win the game. Away to Bolton it was Dack on the mark to win the game. That's 7 of our last 11 points that Dack has scored the sole goal in to get us a result. I will ask again who are we going to bring in that is going to replace those sort of numbers?

he is being man marked out games and no effect in our play like yesterday or QPR. Yes he scored against QPR but nothing else. and who won the penalty and cross the ball for Dack equaliser against Rotherham? Brereton. 

I would play Brereton up front with Graham. I stand by my team I picked

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Rodwell Reed

Palmer Dack Rothwell 

Graham

Subs: Leutweiler, Bell, Smallwood, Armstrong, Brereton, Travis, Evans

No way in a million years can you drop our almost solitary source of goals in Dack.

Williams lucky that Bell is equally as bad.

Would consider a midfield diamond of Rodwell sitting, Reed and Rothwell with Dack behind Graham and Brereton, but that would mean an onus on to defensive full backs to overlap and provide the width.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe   Lenihan   Mulgrew  Williams

Rodwell

Evans                    Reed

Dack

Brereton     Graham

Square pegs, square holes. Raya makes me nervous at the moment. Let's not be afraid to use our Canadian international, who seems to be decent enough. Reed and Evans to help out defensively in the wide positions when needed. You know that this is the winning formula for Wednesday!

Like that team but rest Dack on the bench (wakeup call) and start with Rothwell.

Guaranteed it will be nothing like this though.

Think Cook is a very good manager as his track record proves and I would take him over Mowbray any day of the week.

Wigan will be well organised and know exactly what their game plan is.

Mowbray needs to be big, bold and brave.  Just feckin go for it right from the start and let the opposition worry about us for a change.  Graham and Brereton up front for me.

IF   Mowbray is big, bold and brave then it's a Rovers' win.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Cook is a very good manager as his track record proves and I would take him over Mowbray any day of the week.

Wigan will be well organised and know exactly what their game plan is.

Mowbray needs to be big, bold and brave.  Just feckin go for it right from the start and let the opposition worry about us for a change.  Graham and Brereton up front for me.

IF   Mowbray is big, bold and brave then it's a Rovers' win.

has a track record for walking out on clubs. 

Cook and Coyle both dingles but you seem to love both. starting to wonder if you are playing both sides of this. Wouldn't want the dingle anywhere our club! Keep out! So pleased you have zero involvement at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. You stick the those losing bets pal :D:lol:

where are Wigan in the league and Is Cook record better than Mowbray this season? 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

has a track record for walking out on clubs. 

Cook and Coyle both dingles but you seem to love both. starting to wonder if you are playing both sides of this. Wouldn't want the dingle anywhere our club! Keep out! So pleased you have zero involvement at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. You stick the those losing bets pal :D:lol:

where are Wigan in the league and Is Cook record better than Mowbray this season? 

Chaddy, I have friends who support other clubs such as Burnley, Bolton, Preston etc.  Matters not one iota to me.  Some maturity called for.

Just now, Mercer said:

Chaddy, I have friends who support other clubs such as Burnley, Bolton, Preston etc.  Matters not one iota to me.  Some maturity called for.

I have friends who support many clubs but I wouldn't a dingle here in charge or kiss ass a certain former manager by calling him Coyley. The guy name should be banned from this messageboard. 

But you seem to love Coyle and Cook. sure you not a secret dingle on the sly?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

he is being man marked out games and no effect in our play like yesterday or QPR. Yes he scored against QPR but nothing else. and who won the penalty and cross the ball for Dack equaliser against Rotherham? Brereton. 

I would play Brereton up front with Graham. I stand by my team I picked

Despite being man marked yesterday still forced Rudd to make two decent saves. Apart from the Mulgrew free kick don't recall anyone else contributing serious efforts on goal apart from the goal and the disallowed goal. Dack starts for me Everytime when fit.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I have friends who support many clubs but I wouldn't a dingle here in charge or kiss ass a certain former manager by calling him Coyley. The guy name should be banned from this messageboard. 

But you seem to love Coyle and Cook. sure you not a secret dingle on the sly?

Grow up and be sensible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Despite being man marked yesterday still forced Rudd to make two decent saves. Apart from the Mulgrew free kick don't recall anyone else contributing serious efforts on goal apart from the goal and the disallowed goal. Dack starts for me Everytime when fit.

He's scored better than a goal every other game, in a team in which no one bar Graham somewhat is contributing to goals really, in a team that is statistically set up to play long ball football for some reason. Dack is not the problem!

30 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

what about Lenihan and Mulgrew miss chances from corners?

I'm with Chaddy here on this one. No dingles at this club please. In addition I have an intense dislike of Cook due to a number of reasons, the main one being his disgraceful behaviour and language in the dugout. 

Some will say it's petty or narrow minded, but there's thousands of managers and players in the world, no reason at all to appoint one that is ex Burnley.

• Like 1