BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

A message from Mr Mowbray

• Backroom

The club have just released a statement from Tony, a plea to keep fans on side and continue the backing, can’t argue with any of it I presume they have picked up on some concern from the weekend and know that Tony is super popular and it’s a good way to try and stop the murmurs of concern, as always he comes across as a great human and someone easy to like:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/november/tonys-plea-to-fans/

Edit my apologies it seems it was from Thursday 

Edited by Tom

If he knows working class people he should know we are generally an honest bunch who tell it like it is and won't be taken for fools. I don't know if this statement is related to Saturday's debacle but the timing is too much of a coincidence for me. The players tried on Saturday but too many were poor and playing out of position.

I wonder what his dad would have said if Middlesbrough played without a number nine and a mind boggling system which contributed to them getting gubbed in a derby match.

Edited by arbitro

Whilst that was a beautiful and heartwarming story I'd rather you told us why ben can't get a start, who you invested 7 million in and is our own player and you think the on loan Chelsea  player Palmer is a better option up front. Explain that and fans would be more likely to buy a ticket

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If he knows working class people he should know we are generally an honest bunch who tell it like it is and won't be taken for fools. I don't know if this statement is related to Saturday's debacle but the timing is too much of a coincidence for me. The players tried on Saturday but too many were poor and playing out of position.

I wonder what his dad would have said if Middlesbrough played without a number nine and a mind boggling system which contributed to them getting gubbed in a derby match.

He should have acknowledged that he got it wrong too. However, it was really only Palmer out of position. Our tactics and formation were the same as they ever were. Saturday was a shit show of a display by the players on the field. 

I enjoyed reading his statement. He's a down to earth football man. Saturday aside, I wouldn't take any other manager at the moment. OK, maybe pep ?

• Like 1

I interpret that as a plea for more people to buy half season tickets than an apology or acknowledgement of Saturday's debacle. My reading of it is that there is concern at the level of sales to date so they're trying to put the goodwill towards Mowbray on the line to encourage more people to sign up.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone is worried, perhaps at the reaction from upstairs, if sales and crowds don't pick up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Palmer was one... who are the others? AA has played wide lots before, Bennett is a utility player... you say “many” out of position. Hyperbole or just nonsense? Also was DG 100% fit?

Not to mention; Is the choice of centreforward important when the team is defending like it’s just found out what football is? I mean - we could’ve had Shearer and Nonda upfront, but if Nyambe (square peg in a square hole) and Darragh (50+apps as a CB) starts anymore games like that, it wouldn’t matter! Obviously, hold up, taking chances etc - but realistically the big problem Saturday was organisation and defending, not this banal “round pegs in square holes ffs!” argument doing the rounds, imo 

Good chance you are right JH, but how many half season tickets are they expecting to fly out at £16-£23 a game for mid table second tier football?

Normally no more than a few hundred half STs are sold. Perhaps that 10,500 target is a real red line for those further up the tree...

Edited by Mattyblue

It's a two way thing Tony.

Pick a team that excites, be positive and get on the front foot, let the opposition worry about us for a change, put players where they should be (no square pegs in round holes) and play the £7million man (fans can whiff bullshit from miles around) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be surprised just how the supporters respond.

• Like 2

Even worse, Matty, Waggott (and many fans) will blame the lack of support on the fans not backing the club rather than their awful pricing strategy. It’s like they think that the slate is wiped clean and fans should be responding. Responding to what, promotion from the third tier? A division we should never have been in in the first place? They employed Kean and we were relegated. Everyone thought when the brought in Bowyer - and then Lambert that we had turned a corner. Then they brought on Coyle and we were relegated again. Once bitten twice shy. Not until we are a mid table PL side will Venkys have made it up to us.

The followings that we’ve have at PNE for Lambert and then Mowbray, nicely punctuate how much fans want to be back, and serve as a cautionary reminder of how quickly we can go from the highs back to the lows.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

It's a two way thing Tony.

Pick a team that excites, be positive and get on the front foot, let the opposition worry about us for a change, put players where they should be (no square pegs in round holes) and play the £7million man (fans can whiff bullshit from miles around) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be surprised just how the supporters respond.

Funny, we used to say exactly the same about Bowyer.

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It was a manipulative advertisement . Nothing more

Manipulative? I’m not sure I’d call passionate understanding of the situation the club has been through “manipulative”...

Id say it’s cheapened by timing in relation to advertising the HST though!

Maybe an honest;

”If you invest in us, we will invest more in the team” would be better?

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

Manipulative? I’m not sure I’d call passionate understanding of the situation the club has been through “manipulative”...

Maybe an honest;

That would be disingenuous though. Talk about breakeven ticket sales means that the club is trying to wash its own face operationally. Spending £7m (that we don’t have) means the transfer budget is completely separate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That would be disingenuous though. Talk about breakeven ticket sales means that the club is trying to wash its own face operationally. Spending £7m (that we don’t have) means the transfer budget is completely separate.

We’ll see this comes back to Brereton which is a questionable fee - considering the tv money went back up to a minimum of 5m after league 1, any agreement on price being staggered would make it a nominal investment. Even over 2 years - 3.5m a season is about our current season ticket takings.

If they want/need more turnover to justify the  investment + help avoid FFP, they could be more honest

The ones complaining have very short memories, club statements since the idiots look over are like hens teeth, embrace them, you never know when Mowbray will be sacked and we end up with another looser like Mercers mate Coyle.

Rallying calls from the manager, what next, shirts and season tickets on sale in May!

NEVER!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Biz said:

Maybe an honest;

Fair post. Manipulative if your a cynic like myself. Non aggressive marketing at best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

The ones complaining have very short memories, club statements since the idiots look over are like hens teeth, embrace them, you never know when Mowbray will be sacked and we end up with another looser like Mercers mate Coyle.

Rallying calls from the manager, what next, shirts and season tickets on sale in May!

NEVER!

Not my mate Gav.  

Coyle undeniably did well in his managerial career until his second season at Bolton.  Thereafter, I think he bombed badly.  Let's have a bit of balance and fairness - he did after all, whether we like it or not, get Burnley into the PL (no mean feat). 

Edited by K-Hod