BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

A message from Mr Mowbray

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

The ones complaining have very short memories, club statements since the idiots look over are like hens teeth, embrace them, you never know when Mowbray will be sacked and we end up with another looser like Mercers mate Coyle.

Rallying calls from the manager, what next, shirts and season tickets on sale in May!

NEVER!

Agree Gav. 

28 minutes ago, Biz said:

We’ll see this comes back to Brereton which is a questionable fee - considering the tv money went back up to a minimum of 5m after league 1, any agreement on price being staggered would make it a nominal investment. Even over 2 years - 3.5m a season is about our current season ticket takings.

If they want/need more turnover to justify the  investment + help avoid FFP, they could be more honest

That reads like you think Venkys aren’t putting transfer money in?

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not my mate Gav.  

Coyley undeniably did well in his managerial career until his second season at Bolton.  Thereafter, I think he bombed badly.  Let's have a bit of balance and fairness - he did after all, whether we like it or not, get Burnley into the PL (no mean feat). 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day....

Mowbray got WBA promoted after restructuring the club (no mean feat)

But let's put this Coyle nonsense to bed, he was absolutly ucking useless, along with his backroom staff, useless, you backed the wrong horse, no pun intended.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That reads like you think Venkys aren’t putting transfer money in?

What I think isn't important in this instance, more about what is written/fact. For example, as we all know they've stumped up millions, including another 5million or so last week to stick into the club (loaned). Secondly, the club has a set of rules/guidances (FFP) that it is compelled to either work too, or ignore and risk it. Thus they probably limit their investment in the actual team/wages/transfers to what they "legally" can invest. Hence the discussions previously about FFP being "convenient"

We aren't loosing 35M+ in a season anymore (again fact, not thought), so I guess that it isn't the same barrier where FFP is concerned - thus Brererton, Arma, et al being signed up of actual money.

I think a caveat of FFP also allows investment at youth/community without sanction for spending more than earning - that definitely would explain why they've never stopped investing in Jack's final gift eh!

Edited by Biz

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not my mate Gav.  

Coyley undeniably did well in his managerial career until his second season at Bolton.  Thereafter, I think he bombed badly.  Let's have a bit of balance and fairness - he did after all, whether we like it or not, get Burnley into the PL (no mean feat). 

Are you suggesting it would've been fair to give him an opportunity - ergo ten games to prove he could do that with us? 

;)

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day....

Mowbray got WBA promoted after restructuring the club (no mean feat)

But let's put this Coyle nonsense to bed, he was absolutly ucking useless, along with his backroom staff, useless, you backed the wrong horse, no pun intended.

Think Coyle and his staff were awful for us.  Full stop.

As for horses, had a nice win today and it didn't matter whether the horse won or lost - I'll leave that one with you! 

Edited by K-Hod

This comes across as a really tacky plea to try and boost disappointing half ST sales to me.

It seemed as though there was a really healthy uptake of half ST sales last season but then again we were involved in an exciting promotion battle. This year the likeliehood is that it will be mid table security at best and imo the entertainment levels at Ewood this season have been poor, (Leeds and Brentford apart) so I would imagine that for the neutral or floating fan a half season ticket is a somewhat harder sell than at the same time last year.

I suppose half ST sales were on a bit of a knife edge. Better results against Rotherham and Preston would have led to a lovely looking top 6 position just in time for many folks’ payday... alas in true Rovers style results turned instead - ergo wheel Mogga out.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I suppose half ST sales were on a bit of a knife edge. Better results against Rotherham and Preston would have led to a lovely looking top 6 position just in time for many folks’ payday... alas in true Rovers style results turned instead - ergo wheel Mogga out.

Lovely conspiracy theroy but @Crimpshrine has already told you those comments was from the fans meeting on Thursday

Thinking back to Sheff UTD, QPR and Rotherham... Hardly anything of note happened in those first halves or even for the majority of those game. The manager and players have to give the fans a reason to get behind them else, like in those games, the match will just pass us by. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Another Bowyer? Same pattern

Couldn't give any less of a toss about what the manager or the club say. Actions speak louder than words. Play to best team possible, get 100% from each player and if we aren't good enough then we aren't good enough.

A lot of my frustration with recent games is that we are playing poor sides with a handicapped start where we should be winning these games or competing at the least.

Like someone else said earlier. You won't get 1000s of fans back at a time from just gaining promotion from league 1. Get back to the top league or even make this season exciting towards the business end and fans will come back.

Less bullshit, more action.