BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Wed

Apart from Reed that's mainly the team that got us promoted - what does that say about his confidence in his summer signings ? 

This team has effectively not been upgraded since last season - it's no wonder it's starting to struggle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sacker?

OK, here we go. So this this count as someone saying Mowbray should be sacked? Because we are often told nobody here says that 

Think it's frustration as the manager is a nice enough guy but I don't get the risks he takes. Playing the such as Conway in a must win game is a risk.

Watching the Leeds game and they've a player at the back called Phillips who was in their youth team 12-18 months ago. If the senior players aren't performing. I'd rather he take a risk or two on a Travis etc.... who could improve in the future.

Is Bennet injured? Isn't he meant to be Mr Rovers at the moment? 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why is he so afraid to drop Smallwood and play Reed centrally? He can't honestly think that Smallwood offers more in there than Reed?

I am very surprised. His persistence with Smallwood is starting to be a big worry. There are games when he is useful, at home against a struggling team isn't. We are going for a grinder of a win 

What an appalling line up. Timid Tony retreats further and further into his shell.

Sharpe's line up (which was still too conservative would have been far better).

What's Conway ever done to deserve a recall? He is so far past it it's untrue.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Think it's frustration as the manager is a nice enough guy but I don't get the risks he takes. Playing the such as Conway in a must win game is a risk.

Watching the Leeds game and they've a player at the back called Phillips who was in their youth team 12-18 months ago. If the senior players aren't performing. I'd rather he take a risk or two on a Travis etc.... who could improve in the future.

Is Bennet injured? Isn't he meant to be Mr Rovers at the moment? 

I was disappointed when I saw the team too. Its very conservative under the circumstances. Going for a 1-0

If we get it grand, but if we don't win, Mowbray will be under scrutiny. After the last two games was the ideal time to change things

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am very surprised. His persistence with Smallwood is starting to be a big worry. There are games when he is useful, at home against a struggling team isn't. We are going for a grinder of a win 

Starting to be the same thing as it were with Bowyer and Lowe. And this will also frustrate the fans as much.

• Like 2

My predictions for today are as follows.

Evans & Smallwood will sit deep and afford Weds the middle of the park.

We'll concede a bad'un

We'll score a good'un

One half will be dog poo the other a bit better

Brereton will come on as a sub sometime through 2nd half whatever the score, formation, tactics

We'll moan afterwards if we don't win

Enjoy !

• Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

I can't be bothered to be offended...

Back to this afternoon's turgid dirge - uninspiring is the adjective I'd apply to that team selection. I'm glad I can't make it to Ewood this afternoon..

Yep gotta feel for the fans who’ve paid their hard earned today. Even if we win it will be an extremely insipid affair with no pace or creativity in the side.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We'll concede a bad'un

We'll score a good'un

Brereton will come on as a sub sometime through 2nd half whatever the score, formation, tactics

Enjoy !

you forgot   odds of 2/1 the contactless payment system crashes 

Edited by perthblue02

17 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Wonder if this is a back three including Williams centrally, with Nyambe and Conway as wingbacks?

Just a thought.

No it will be reed out of position again. Meaning our two wingers are reed amd conway, what completely out of position and the other who can't run and will be knackered after 30 minuts. So everything will go central as usual which becomes very predictable, meaning Smallwood will get a lot of the ball, and do absolutely nothing with it bar giving it back to the opposition.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We'll concede a bad'un

We'll score a good'un

Enjoy !

You forgot the "Williams will switch off at left back and give a goal away"

All seriousness though. If the manager changed it up and gave a few new lads a run out. Would anyone be calling him out on it if we lost?

Say if he played this and said get into the opposition's face from minute 0 to minute 94

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell/Travis

Reed Rodwell

Rothwell Dack Palmer

Brereton

It's a shame Travis isn't left footed as I would generally play him over any of our left backs at the moment just for the energy and enthusiasm he'd bring.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Living abroad I am obviously out of sync with what is and isn't PC correct in the UK, that fucking bastion of virtue.

TBH I thought the 4 letter word was the baddy.

In case of any doubt to anyone else, racism, sexism or ableism all result in permanent bans as well as anything else we deem to be of similar extreme bad taste, entirely judged at our own descresion and without warning.

• Backroom
On 29/11/2018 at 10:35, Tom said:

I imagine Mowbray will go ‘back to basics’ meaning trying to be as safe as possible so something like

Raya

Nyambe lenihan mulgrew Williams 

Bennett Evans Smallwood Conway / Reed

Dack

Graham

I wouldn’t play Conway myself but I think he might, for me we’ve been that bad that we may as well gamble a bit and throw Brereton and Rothwell in

4-1 v Preston 

3-1 v Wigan 

logic dictates a 2-1 loss, the good news is we should draw the next one 1-1!

Even more back to basics than expected!

wednesday have a few players back from injury dont they?  big physical ones if i remember,  that nhuhii what ever his name his and our old friend lucas joao ,  maybe mowbray has really fired up the team after recent events and we might put in a good performance but i see more of the same boring hoofy football and to concede a couple of sloppy goals

hope im wrong as i dont like going for stress relief walks every time we play haha

Just now, AdamRochina said:

wednesday have a few players back from injury dont they?  big physical ones if i remember,  that nhuhii what ever his name his and our old friend lucas joao ,  maybe mowbray has really fired up the team after recent events and we might put in a good performance but i see more of the same boring hoofy football and to concede a couple of sloppy goals

hope im wrong as i dont like going for stress relief walks every time we play haha

Big strong players are our kryptnonite. I dread playing Boro