BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Wed

great win rovers,  one sloppy goal aside i thought we were brilliant, cant help there first as its a stunner from lucas, but we were great today, conway was immense and should start most games tbh, reed brilliant and dack and graham back to there best, great pressing and some good football at times too, get in rovers great three points

2 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Conway has been absolutely instrumental in the win today, holding the ball up at times, linking with dack, not losing the ball at all! He put in a 110% effort and was the link between defence and forward players. Was annoyed when I saw him in the line-up, but he has proved all his doubters wrong today! Can't praise him enough!

Absolutely 

Important win today after the last 2 non-performances. Why can't they show passion like that every week?

On the downside another 2 goals conceded. Mowbray would do better to spend money on a top defensive coach rather than new players next month

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Important win today after the last 2 non-performances. Why can't they show passion like that every week?

On the downside another 2 goals conceded. Mowbray would do better to spend money on a top defensive coach rather than new players next month

One was a stunner from Joao. Not sure anyone could have done any better in that situation.

The second was a freakish goal. Probably Raya should have done better, clearing the ball away from goal. But can't blame much of our defence today. Even Williams wasn't that bad.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Rovers winning and Burnley losing makes for a great weekend. Still work to be done sorting out our leaky defence though. 

the second was poor from our point of view but the first was a worldie  i actually thought we were really solid today and was pleased with how downing played

Well what can we say, Conway was a breath of fresh air today and has now definitely staked his claim for that left side spot over Armstrong. Downing ala Beckanbauer was fabulous in his role for one of the goals and pretty solid at the back. Reed the usual energy and all over the place at times and most importantly, Dack and Graham have reconciled and are now back kissing eachother.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

4-0 would have been more of a reflective score line. We were excellent, they were abysmal. 

Graham and Dack the stars of the show, but Conway and Downing made a huge difference. I don’t understand why downing has been frozen out for most of the season, he’s always done well when he’s played. 

• Like 2

going  to do some of my own opinion player ratings :) feel free to criticise or agree lol

raya - 6  not much to do but was poor on the second goal

nyambe -7  powerful runner but sometimes lacks composure, always an outlet though

downing - 8 solid performance didnt really put a foot wrong all day, good back up cb

mulgrew- 7 solid again and was talking his defense through the game and organising

williams - 6 was targeted alot and without conway might have struggled more but solid enough

conway - 9 immense today, his crossing was top notch and his passing and holding the ball was super

evans and smallwood - 7 did there job both the same to me, solid enough won the ball alot and tried to be the link from defense to attack

reed - 7 hes a pest and wont stop running all game but wasted out wide for me, brilliant player though one i wish we sign permantley 

dack - 8 some great touches and a nice assist and goal was almost back to his best today really good performance

graham -10  hatrick hero, hold up play flick ons right place right time, he was super and shows how much we need this man, great game graham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

If he starts about once a month Conway could probably produce like that also TMs management of Graham in recent weeks bore fruit today. What a pity there isn't another similar to him in the squad to fill in......

Agreed, he won't be able to put that sort of effort and energy every week

• Like 1