BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Wed

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well they did today. 

Still think the team selection was appalling? 

We creative alot today

less long balls today? you agree?

Yes---good job TM hasn't listened to you and dropped Graham!!!   :lol::D:)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve had a good win and folk are enjoying it.

So, whats the point in trying to goad people by quoting posts from hours ago? All it will do is derail the thread.

You can't blame the minority, who are mostly Mowbray fans, shoving it right down the armchair experts throtes when everything they claim, crumbles around them Matty.

Drop Dack, Graham's past it and Conways a ****.

The reaction today after 2 defeats was phenomenal and long may it continue. 

****Disclaimer****

Wednesday were absolutly shocking. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

You can't blame the minority, who are mostly Mowbray fans, shoving it right down the armchair experts throtes when everything they claim, crumbles around them Matty.

Drop Dack, Graham's past it and Conways a ****.

The reaction today after 2 defeats was phenomenal and long may it continue. 

****Disclaimer****

Wednesday were absolutly shocking. 

Don't be so bloody hysterical. Have a beer and enjoy the win and stop shit stirring.

Edited by Reedy You're A Star

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A minority are Mowbray fans?

People can do what they want, just don’t want pages of off topic tripe on another match thread.

Very diplomatic, but ignoring the constant trolling and baiting Matty.

3 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

Don't be so bloodying hysterica. Have a beer and enjoy the win and stop shit stirring.

Hysterica? Bloodying? 

I'm having a beer, need to catch up to you.

I don't drink anymore. Got a poorly 4 month old  daughter to look after. It's this shite iPad that doesn't keep up when I'm typing! :D Good, have 2 and stop trolling. By he way, the main culprit of the "drop Dack, Graham's past it" crew in the last few days was your buddy Chaddy. As much as he's wrong a lot of the time, you couldn't call him an armchair fan by any definition. So I'm not sure whose "throtes"" your shoving anything down. Perhaps you should leave it at 1, that's obviously your limit shortround.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure whet you even mean Gav, but I’ll leave it there or I’ll be derailing it.

You jumped In taking about people goading, then ignored the people being goaded on a regular basis?

5 minutes ago, Reedy You're A Star said:

I don't drink anymore. Got a poorly 4 month old  daughter to look after. It's this shite iPad that doesn't keep up when I'm typing! :D Good, have 2 and stop trolling. By he way, the main culprit of the "drop Dack, Graham's past it" crew in the last few days was your buddy Chaddy. As much as he's wrong a lot of the time, you couldn't call him an armchair fan by any definition. So I'm not sure whose "throtes"" your shoving anything down. Perhaps you should leave it at 1, that's obviously your limit shortround.

You're an IT guy right? get an IPad that works, or lay off the ale.

Great win today, try typing that. 

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

We've had a good win, why not just enjoy it?

Gav, enjoy the win, but I didn't see his comment, people are ignore list for a reason cos I don't want to read the their posts. just ignore them

21 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Just home ..ok via pub ..anyone else actually been on today ..

yes, have a good time. Missus went and she thoroughly enjoyed it

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

You jumped In taking about people goading, then ignored the people being goaded on a regular basis?

You're an IT guy right? get an IPad that works, or lay off the ale.

Great win today, try typing that. 

Maybe Santa will bring me one. You work in his workshop, is he leaving one to one side for me?

I did, 4 hours ago. Keep up. And I already told you I don't drink anymore. Probably best you don't have any more, it's obviously impairing your reading ability and you won't be able to stay up for the boxing.

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Very poor?! What is?

This place, honestly.

It’s always the same, Matty

Bad results/performances = unhappiness for most and odd extreme defensiveness for a few.

Good results/performances = happiness for most and baiting from the same few about how they were somehow ‘right’ to defend bad results/performances.

It’s weird.

I would have thought good results should make everyone happy. Sadly not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well they did today. 

Still think the team selection was appalling? 

We creative alot today

less long balls today? you agree?

No need for the gloating, I am happy as anyone with the performance and the result, and am happy to heap praise on Mowbray just as I was criticising him after the last 2 games.

We set our stall out in the first 10 minutes with some superb pressing, which is always when we look at our best, hunting in packs.

After the very much deserved goal, the quality of the game in general dipped until half time really and become very scrappy.

One of the most pleasing things for me was that the goals were from open play, Dack and Graham are two incredibly intelligent footballers and were right back on it today. the 2nd and 4th goals in particular were superb team goals, showing that our players are technically capable if we dont resort to aimless hoofing.

Downing was absolutely excellent, he is a very average player but hes an actual centre back and it really showed, bar one suicidal pass. The run and pass for the second  goal was absolutely brilliant and he was a colossus in the air. Mulgrew was good but I felt he was a bit weak for their second.

At full back, Williams was much, much better, Nyambe I thought was our weakest player but improved after a poor first half.

I hope Conway wasnt the man doing the doping test, felt like he must have taken something to play like he was 5 years younger, a terrific performance by him and I was willing him to get a deserved goal at the end. Mowbray has mentioned putting him central as he gets older but again whilst there is a twinge of logic I dont think he is the type of player best suited as a central midfielder. 

The middle 2 were pretty solid and efficient with the odd forward pass, helping with the pressing game too, albeit they are chief perpetratetors in the aimless kick over the shoulder stakes. Overall though, much better in there. Reed was as good as ever, should have scored but his energy levels and his quality are obvious.

Dack was back to his best, absolutely superb, goals, assists, technique, and gave his all. Him and Graham are so key to us.

A very good day.

• Like 2

• Backroom

So, the game.

Just saw the highlights and Conway looked incredible. His experience and intelligence shined through. I hope Armstrong was watching because there was a lot to learn from how Conway played today.

Second goal was a superb, incisive move too. Wish we'd do that more often, but I imagine most teams wouldn't be as open as Sheffield Wednesday were. Nice to see us pushing for the 4th rather than sitting back and trying to protect the 3-2. Well worth the risk in the end.

Great strike from Joao too. He must be missing something personality wise, as he has the talent to be somewhere far better than Sheffield Wednesday.

Mowbray interviewed on the Quest highlights show. Nothing mindblowing, but says they've been talking about needing more intensity after the last two games. Graham a big personality for the team, best finisher at the club, has a good relationship with Dack. Called Dack a "lovely lad" and "effervesent". Tony suggesting that he reminded Dack to enjoy the game after the recent slump in form and he needed to work a little harder. Said we'll be improving "bit by bit" and is expecting us to be at the level of Villa, Derby, Boro, etc in a few transfer windows. Wants us to get to a point where we expect to get out of the division. Praised the owners, as unfortunately seems to be required from all our managers.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Can we please bring a swift end to point scoring and instead simply enjoy and discuss a very good win and team performance instead?

Thanks everyone.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 7

Cracking response from the lads today.  Glad to see Conway receiving many plaudits. He has waited for his chance and grabbed with both hands. As did Downing, looked very solid. Maybe we dont need to buy a new center back as we have a decent one gathering dust in the full squad. Also another small cameo from Travis, competition for places is very healthy for the squad, Armstrong & Co need to step up now for the next one. Selection headache ahead for the gaffa. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Total meltdown on there. 

Sites like that are hard work. Instead of writing in a manager thread, there will be about 10 different ones on the go.

The Ipswich TWTD forum is the worst. Like a really boring and repetitive stream of consciousness with topics starting all over the place, some about football, some not. Polls, podcasts, news items... makes me appreciate the organisation here!

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No need for the gloating, I am happy as anyone with the performance and the result, and am happy to heap praise on Mowbray just as I was criticising him after the last 2 games.

We set our stall out in the first 10 minutes with some superb pressing, which is always when we look at our best, hunting in packs.

After the very much deserved goal, the quality of the game in general dipped until half time really and become very scrappy.

One of the most pleasing things for me was that the goals were from open play, Dack and Graham are two incredibly intelligent footballers and were right back on it today. the 2nd and 4th goals in particular were superb team goals, showing that our players are technically capable if we dont resort to aimless hoofing.

Downing was absolutely excellent, he is a very average player but hes an actual centre back and it really showed, bar one suicidal pass. The run and pass for the second  goal was absolutely brilliant and he was a colossus in the air. Mulgrew was good but I felt he was a bit weak for their second.

At full back, Williams was much, much better, Nyambe I thought was our weakest player but improved after a poor first half.

I hope Conway wasnt the man doing the doping test, felt like he must have taken something to play like he was 5 years younger, a terrific performance by him and I was willing him to get a deserved goal at the end. Mowbray has mentioned putting him central as he gets older but again whilst there is a twinge of logic I dont think he is the type of player best suited as a central midfielder. 

The middle 2 were pretty solid and efficient with the odd forward pass, helping with the pressing game too, albeit they are chief perpetratetors in the aimless kick over the shoulder stakes. Overall though, much better in there. Reed was as good as ever, should have scored but his energy levels and his quality are obvious.

Dack was back to his best, absolutely superb, goals, assists, technique, and gave his all. Him and Graham are so key to us.

A very good day.

good to hear roversfan99. 

a few long balls early doors but we settled down quick and move to pass it feet more. 

Disagree on Naymabe, don't think we had any weak players today. no way 

Downing pass for the 2nd goal was brilliant and I thought Bannan did Mulgrew with his skill and nothing he could do. 

Good to see Dack back to back finally. had a few poor games but he proved his class today. 

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

So, the game.

Just saw the highlights and Conway looked incredible. His experience and intelligence shined through. I hope Armstrong was watching because there was a lot to learn from how Conway played today.

Second goal was a superb, incisive move too. Wish we'd do that more often, but I imagine most teams wouldn't be as open as Sheffield Wednesday were. Nice to see us pushing for the 4th rather than sitting back and trying to protect the 3-2. Well worth the risk in the end.

Great strike from Joao too. He must be missing something personality wise, as he has the talent to be somewhere far better than Sheffield Wednesday.

Mowbray interviewed on the Quest highlights show. Nothing mindblowing, but says they've been talking about needing more intensity after the last two games. Graham a big personality for the team, best finisher at the club, has a good relationship with Dack. Called Dack a "lovely lad" and "effervesent". Tony suggesting that he reminded Dack to enjoy the game after the recent slump in form and he needed to work a little harder. Said we'll be improving "bit by bit" and is expecting us to be at the level of Villa, Derby, Boro, etc in a few transfer windows. Wants us to get to a point where we expect to get out of the division. Praised the owners, as unfortunately seems to be required from all our managers.

Yeah you are correct that Armstrong need to learn from Conway how to play that role. 

I was shocked by the Joao's strike was unstoppable and came out of nowhere. Still shocked by Sheffield Wednesday performance today.