BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Sheff Wed

We need energy in midfield so I'm surprised nobody has suggested Bennett in central midfield yet. 

Left back is a serious concern where both Bell and Williams have obvious failings but its not just those two. Armstrong never offers any protection and I'm sorry to say Mulgrew is getting caught in bad positions. Is that because he is trying to do cover for the let back. I know Conwy is finished as a left winger but he would offer protection.

Goals are a problem as well. If it wasn't an issue I would drop Dack but as he is the only scoring you can't drop him at the moment. Saturday represents a defining moment in this season and I suspect our manager who likes to attack may go ultra catious so I suspect

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Reed     Bennett    Evans    Conwy

Dack

Graham

The suggestion of dropping Dack just stinks of desperation and lack of ideas. 

Has he been brilliant lately? No damn right he hasn't, but it just drums home home many times we've played awful and Dack has popped up to bail us out. If he doesn't do that we stand about scratching our heads. He is our best player by a mile, he is however only human. He cannot play out of his skin for 90 mins every game. 

IF Sheff Weds try and man mark him like a few people are fretting over then so what? They don't have players capable of out smarting Dack. If they try doubling up on him then utilise the bloody space left behind its not rocket science. 

We've failed to score only 3 times in 19 games this season, we WILL score tomorrow - they have 2 clean sheets all season. Pretty damn obvious our main issue isn't Dack having the odd bad game, it's the god awful manner we keep conceding soft goals. 

• Like 2

If we are being realistic then he's never going to drop Dack. I think he possibly has a high amount of power and influence in the dressing room.

If he's said 4 changes then it's going to be something like this

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Reed

Bennet Dack Palmer

Graham

Lenihan, Williams, Bennet and Palmer in as the 4 changes.

43 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

We need energy in midfield so I'm surprised nobody has suggested Bennett in central midfield yet. 

Left back is a serious concern where both Bell and Williams have obvious failings but its not just those two. Armstrong never offers any protection and I'm sorry to say Mulgrew is getting caught in bad positions. Is that because he is trying to do cover for the let back. I know Conwy is finished as a left winger but he would offer protection.

Goals are a problem as well. If it wasn't an issue I would drop Dack but as he is the only scoring you can't drop him at the moment. Saturday represents a defining moment in this season and I suspect our manager who likes to attack may go ultra catious so I suspect

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan  Mulgrew  Williams

Reed     Bennett    Evans    Conwy

Dack

Graham

If we want more energy in midfield look no further than Rothwell, yet time and time again he just gets overlooked 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

If we want more energy in midfield look no further than Rothwell, yet time and time again he just gets overlooked 

Something just isn't right about the situation! I honestly don't get it. Only thing I can think of is that Rothwell is a twat is training. Which is probably far from the truth!

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Something just isn't right about the situation! I honestly don't get it. Only thing I can think of is that Rothwell is a twat is training. Which is probably far from the truth!

I'd say him and Reed are our most mobile midfielders, why not play them both in the middle of the park in a midfield that is so badly lacking mobility time and time again? 

That said, I'd be amazed if we don't start with Smallwood and Evans there tomorrow.... 

I can't see him being an idiot, although to be quite honest I'd be feeling pretty pissed off if I was him with the lack of game time. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'd say him and Reed are our most mobile midfielders, why not play them both in the middle of the park in a midfield that is so badly lacking mobility time and time again? 

That said, I'd be amazed if we don't start with Smallwood and Evans there tomorrow.... 

I can't see him being an idiot, although to be quite honest I'd be feeling pretty pissed off if I was him with the lack of game time. 

You can't play Rothwell and Reed together in Centre Mid together unfortunately, they'd get dragged all over the place. Need someone with more talent to hold his position, was hoping that it would be Davenport but he hasn't been available as of yet. Put Rothwell on the left. Go with a midfield of Bennett, Rodwell, Reed, Rothwell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm going to predict something. Whatever team Mowbray puts out on Saturday will get slammed on here by quite a few before kick off. Literally regardless of what he puts out (who, where, formation). Simply because there are now a hell of a lot of different lineups and formations being suggested. Nobody agrees on the best 11 or the best approach. Logically, it follows that most people will think whatever team we line up will be the wrong one in at least one spot.

Completely agree and that's because Tony hasn't got the most out of his players, played them in the right position or picked anything like a winning formula or develeped style of play so here we are in December no wiser than the first day of pre season

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

You can't play Rothwell and Reed together in Centre Mid together unfortunately, they'd get dragged all over the place. Need someone with more talent to hold his position, was hoping that it would be Davenport but he hasn't been available as of yet. Put Rothwell on the left. Go with a midfield of Bennett, Rodwell, Reed, Rothwell.

Why would they get dragged all over the place? 

Last chance for 3 points in 2018?

Or will this be a completely drab bore draw at best (more than likely a defeat), then we'll put the 'better teams' to the sword in December when Mowbray's rating is at it's lowest?

There are a lot of teams in The Championship with Bi-polar tendencies and we are amongst them.

The last 2 shocking performances might just have convinced me to go to a gig in Manchester instead of attending this game. That and the memory of the last time I saw us play Sheff Weds at home 2-3 seasons ago; I remember it being an absolute stinker!!

Fresh from my exact score forecast last time out, stay tuned for my license to print money prediction before kick-off.

Edited by Husky

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Why would they get dragged all over the place? 

Both get drawn towards the ball and leave space behind. Rothwell in particular is going to drive forward with the ball and leaves holes, safer form him to do that from the wing. If we were to play a flat 3 in midfield then Rothwell would be perfect as one of the wide centre mids.

Response needed in front of the home faithful.  Some "gucci" players need a wake up call, whether its 45 - 60 minutes on the bench, so be it. There should be competition for places across the board.  Raya is a good keeper, but without no disrespect to Leutwiler, the competition between the sticks is minimal.  Dont get me started on the competition for places in defense.  We may have overstacked in the summer for midfield, but we never improved the other areas, and if we did, we only did so marginally.  I'll take a point, but want all 3. 

19 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I'd play:

Raya

Nyambe-Lennihan-Mulgrew-Bell

------Bennett--Reed

Brereton-Dack---Conway

-----------Graham

If Brereton can't get a start when everyone else has been poor, when will he ever start?

Would Move Brereton upfront. Rodwell to where Bennett is, move Bennett to right wing and change Conway to Rothwell.