BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ginger Ninja Appreciation Society - badges for charity

This has received a lot of traction on Twitter but for those forum members who don’t use Twitter I wanted to share this.

The background is that Jen Bellamy, one of our regular podcast panel members, christened Harrison Reed the Ginger Ninja on one episode in a sort of throwaway line. When I went to Brockhall for Episode 100 of the pod, I also managed to grab a few words with Harrison Reed & shared with him the hashtag history & he said he was aware of it...

Well one thing led to another...Jen designed a logo for the society...then she gauged interest in having some badges made up, proceeds to charity...then Ryan Grant spoke with Harrison & found out he had a pet charity...

https://nervetumours.org.uk/what-are-nerve-tumours/what-is-nf1/support-for-adults-with-nf1

& So Jen crowdfunded the cost of manufacture, has had them made & will be selling them alongside Scott Sumner of 4000 Holes magazine fame, who will also be selling his latest edition...at the junction of Kidder St & Nuttall St tomorrow afternoon from 2pm.

She is rightly excited & I for one am mightily impressed at the initiative & enthusiasm involved and the fact it raises money for a charity adopted by one of our players is just the icing on a rather splendid cake...

So....please drop by tomorrow & buy one...or two...that’s basically the gist ??

F3114B87-A114-4681-91B3-2C1521950DD5.png

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
On 05/12/2018 at 23:03, bluebruce said:

Can't get more? They seem rather popular.

I think the premise was an initial ltd edition run to generate demand...which it did...to raise money for the charity as opposed to it being an ongoing commercial operation.

i think it’s fair to say the response has been overwhelming & a number of people, me included, have said we should consider doing ones for other players in a similar vein.

if we can persuade Jen then watch this space ?

• Like 1