BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Away Tickets

Shame.

Leeds on Boxing Day at a non ludicrous price would be a cracking festive away day with a big following.

Obviously no chance now. (Await chaddy explaining how it isn’t expensive and he’ll be going, plus a meal with the missus and a look around the Leeds Boxing Day sale)

AMF etc...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shame.

Leeds on Boxing Day at a non ludicrous price would be a cracking festive away day with a big following.

Obviously no chance now. (Await chaddy explaining how it isn’t expensive and he’ll be going, plus a meal with the missus and a look around the Leeds Boxing Day sale)

AMF etc...

no need for the unnecessary dig at me Matty. would have expect much better for yourself.

The price is what I expect from Leeds United so its not surprising.

• Like 1

The Championship is like bottom half of the PL only more expensive. :wacko:

Yeah, we know it’s inferior football but we don’t have the money to subsidise ticket prices so we have to rip you all off in order to compete.

One of the few benefits of top flight football in England is cheaper tickets - how perverse is that?!

Well, except at Rovers. Waggott would almost certainly increase prices if we were promoted saying the wages had gone up.

• Like 1

Disgraceful price at Leeds but another club who'd seemingly rather have 500 there paying that 1500 paying a more standard price.

They don't want visiting customers but when you are guaranteed the TV money they seem to get every season now then no wonder !

Up yours EFL and your big club love in, every season it becomes a bit more like the Prem.

Edited by tomphil

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Leeds can sell their ground out on Boxing Day at those prices, so they’ll charge it.

As far as I can remember Leeds have charged £39. From a fading memory I think I paid that in the last few seasons for a live TV match on a Thursday night.

I genuinely don't see how they can charge almost double the amount we paid at West Bromwich recently. There needs to be some sort regulatory body to look at admission prices. The real irony though is that if Leeds get promoted they can't charge visiting fans more than£30.

Edit: I've just seen that the senior threshold starts at 60 and I qualify for that but my point about the £39 stands.

Edited by arbitro

Probably category B with it being a Tuesday night, although if we were at home to them on the 29th December you can guarantee it would have been a category A.

£29 sounds a lot for Sheffield Utd to be honest, but still think we'll get a decent turnout due to the boxing day game being ridiculous.

Edited by MarkBRFC

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Probably category B with it being a Tuesday night, although if we were at home to them on the 29th December you can guarantee it would have been a category A.

£29 sounds a lot for Sheffield Utd to be honest, but still think we'll get a decent turnout due to the boxing day game being ridiculous.

If it was Cat B then they are charging £5 more than we did for an adult ticket.

Leeds don't want large away followings. Numerous reasons why but fundamentally it is because they know they can and will get 20,000+ home fans on whatever the weather. Now they're doing alright and it being on Boxing Day they'll have 30,000+ on so they won't be bothered if there are 500 or 1500 Rovers fans there. The more that turn up the more aggravation there is in terms of segregation and policing outside the ground.

They won't be charging their own fans £39 a piece I'm sure, the stands behind the goals are usually cheaper than the main stand where away fans are housed.

What a terrible shame that we've reached a stage in this country where clubs actively want to dissuade people from attending.

The worst part for me is that the people who decide on ticket prices are in the main the sort who aren't football supporters, will have never travelled anywhere supporting a club, and certainly won't have had to balance the books at the end of a month and find that there isn't enough money left in the kitty at this time of year for such an expensive hobby. All these high paid executives see are numbers on a balance sheet and don't understand the mindset of football supporters.

As others have said, if the Football League or Football Association were governing bodies to be taken seriously then they would have rules and regulations in place to prevent supporters being ripped off but all they do is shrug their shoulders and blame others.

• Like 3

Just had a look and it is £34 for Leeds fans behind the goal and £29 in the lower tier opposite the away end. Seats in both of those areas are superior to those in the away end which are mainly restricted view.

This is why we should be charging them more than home fans when they come to Ewood but apparently we can't do that.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:55, arbitro said:

If it was Cat B then they are charging £5 more than we did for an adult ticket.

Sheffield United have put our game down as Category A. I assume purely on the time of the year and they reckon they can get more home fans on than usual. I suspect we'll do well to shift many for that. £29 is steep especially for the time of year. There might be a few who go there rather than pay £39 to go to Leeds and a few like me who haven't been on Bramall Lane before, but can't see us shifting 2,000.

Edited by JHRover

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sheffield United have put our game down as Category A. I assume purely on the time of the year and they reckon they can get more home fans on than usual. I suspect we'll do well to shift many for that. £29 is steep especially for the time of year. There might be a few who go there rather than pay £39 to go to Leeds and a few like me who haven't been on Bramall Lane before, but can't see us shifting 2,000.

Let's see, but I can see that being surprisingly well attended after a disappointing following at Leeds. Combination of cheaper (if not exactly cheap) tickets, new ground for many, still most people off, better trains running etc. 

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Let's see, but I can see that being surprisingly well attended after a disappointing following at Leeds. Combination of cheaper (if not exactly cheap) tickets, new ground for many, still most people off, better trains running etc. 

Not a New ground for many and train strike still on