BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sunderland Netflix documentary

This sounds like it will be fascinating

https://www.balls.ie/football/aiden-mcgeady-critical-chris-coleman-sunderland-netflix-documentary-402136 

What were they thinking letting the cameras in? 

I watched the city one on Amazon, was pretty good, but it was clear that the access to the good stuff was restricted. 

Personally I don't see any benefits to a team letting cameras in. Amazon offered Ireland rugby big money (8 figures apparently) to allow them in for a season, which they declined. 

If we were offered 10 million to let the cameras in next season, what would ye reckon? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Yeah can't wait for this. Last time they did a documentary Like this they got relaegated. It's on YouTube and worth a watch if you haven't seen it. It's when they had just been promoted to the prem and Reid was in charge. The year before they moved into the stadium of light. Some fascinating insight. Think (I may be wrong) it's called premier passions

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This sounds like it will be fascinating

https://www.balls.ie/football/aiden-mcgeady-critical-chris-coleman-sunderland-netflix-documentary-402136 

What were they thinking letting the cameras in? 

I watched the city one on Amazon, was pretty good, but it was clear that the access to the good stuff was restricted. 

Personally I don't see any benefits to a team letting cameras in. Amazon offered Ireland rugby big money (8 figures apparently) to allow them in for a season, which they declined. 

If we were offered 10 million to let the cameras in next season, what would ye reckon? 

For 10 million Id let them have access to my colonoscopy. Actually for 10 million id let them conduct my colonoscopy. 

2 hours ago, Blow-in said:

For 10 million Id let them have access to my colonoscopy. Actually for 10 million id let them conduct my colonoscopy. 

I take it you're having a colonoscopy then.

I'm not, but for 10 million, I can be. Take note, streaming giants!

Edited by bluebruce

9 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

The City one was totally staged and to all intents and purposes scripted, I have no interest in a documentary about Sunderland. 

I would however have loved to watch one filmed at Ewood over the last seven years or so.  

The Sunderland one sounds like it will be less staged, probably due to the fact that they were a mess and nobody took the lead on ensuring they showed their best side 

I wouldn't be able to watch one about Rovers over the last 7 years. Too painful up until last year 

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The Sunderland one sounds like it will be less staged, probably due to the fact that they were a mess and nobody took the lead on ensuring they showed their best side 

I wouldn't be able to watch one about Rovers over the last 7 years. Too painful up until last year 

Imagine being able too see inside the dressing room on the night Givet supposedly lamped Kean :lol:...  I always like these documentaries, this should be a good watch. Sunderland were awful but it cant have helped their players having the cameras around, must have been an unwanted distraction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Imagine being able too see inside the dressing room on the night Givet supposedly lamped Kean :lol:...  I always like these documentaries, this should be a good watch. Sunderland were awful but it cant have helped their players having the cameras around, must have been an unwanted distraction.

I would love to have seen that. 

Ya, I think this will be far more interesting that one about a team doing well! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Would love to know what our scouts saw in Bell. I can’t imagine he was exactly Roberto Carlos at Fleetwood.

Got in the team of the year. Absolutely baffling. I see nothing in him at all. Uncoordinated and absolutely hopeless under the high ball. I dread when I see crosses or corners go towards him, I know his opponents will win the duel. 

I was expecting a quick player. I just don't see what he does really. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

11 hours ago, Alex Rover said:

Just watched a fair bit of it.  It's really well produced and the amount of access they got behind the scenes in regards to the administration of the club is surprising.  No idea how they managed that.

Jason Steele.  Good lad, not a very good goalkeeper.

Jack Rodwell.  Morality vs Money (see episode 5).  Discuss.

I think they have made jack a scapegoat and believed this even before he signed for us.

They offered him a deal. He signed it and was available for selection. They froze him out. He was entitled to every penny he received from Sunderland and I dare anyone to tell me they would have took between a 30 and 50 grand a week pay cut because the club could no longer afford you. That's the finance people's issue not Jack's. It's ok making out it's Jack's fault that Sunderland had to make redundnacies and couldn't sign players. Why don't the people who made the decision to sign him and drew up his contract tear there contracts up and free up some funds for the minimum wage positions being lost it is after all there fault. 

If he refused to play then that's different but that wasn't the case.

• Like 3

I really enjoyed it and hope they make many more programmes like this. It's weird. I rated Grayson as a manger and thought coleman was one of the most over rated managers in football. After seeing that the tables have completely turned. 

I don't believe anyone could have saved Sunderland last year.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say there is a bigger gap between League 1 and the championship, than between the championship and Premier league 

No question about it. The PL is littered with bang average teams all the way up to 6th spot (and nowadays you could even include Man Utd in that). Burnley came 7th having barely spent anything. It's a bit of a joke. Clubs that get relegated to the Championship tend to struggle to get back out, even if they keep a lot of their better players, whereas even teams like us and Sunderland who get relegated to L1 in total dissarray tend to dominate that league without even needing to play very well.

• Like 1

Rodwell is getting crucified on Twitter by their fans so he can’t have painted himself in glory on the doc (I’ve just started it so can’t comment). 

He seems to have disappeared from our squad after the initial positivity surrounding the odd cameo (forgetting his last CB performance). Can’t see him staying around if I had to call it right now.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom

Agree about league 1, we had a shaky start last season but if it wasn’t for Shrewsbury having a freak season then us and Wigan would have absolutely strolled it without always playing that well