BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No wonder i'm always wondering if the club funds other projects or wages as well ......

Certainly takes some doing to accumulate those sort of losses without spending anything on transfers and supposedly with a sensible wage structure in place. Do other clubs with our revenues require that sort of money to be poured into a seemingly never ending pit?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Certainly takes some doing to accumulate those sort of losses without spending anything on transfers and supposedly with a sensible wage structure in place. Do other clubs with our revenues require that sort of money to be poured into a seemingly never ending pit?

The clubs losses should have reduced very significantly in the last few years with high earners mostly off the bill, staff reduced, pay offs paid off mostly so nearly all input should now find it's way into actually paying for what it is supposed to.

Maybe they started with a clean slate and a different banking arrangement after all the sales then last years audit so money in more or less matches money out ?

We'll see but i'd still love to go through the Rovers payroll with a fine tooth comb ! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotchrover said:

The last part is worth a smile too;

Steve Kean was appointed Rovers manager in December 2010 following the sacking of Sam Allardyce.

After a turbulent tenure, which saw the club relegated from the Premier League to the Championship. Mr Kean resigned in September 2012. He had been brought to the club as a first-team coach in 2009 by Mr Allardyce.

His last managerial role was at Brunei-based DPMM FC who play in the S.League.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AndyC said:

Looks like they are doing pretty well in the core business. Enormous gains over the last 12 months....

venkys.png

If there’s one thing we know about the Raos, they’ve a stupid amount of money.

I mean who hires TWO accountants to do the same job?

Let’s hope the main feedback from them was “you ever want to stop spending 10+m a year? You need EPL!”

On 28 August 2018 at 07:32, Biz said:

If there’s one thing we know about the Raos, they’ve a stupid amount of money.

I mean who hires TWO accountants to do the same job?

Let’s hope the main feedback from them was “you ever want to stop spending 10+m a year? You need EPL!”

From what I read in " Private Eye " regarding accountancy businesses THREE accountants would be better.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If ever there was an example of managing up effectively, Mowbray with the Venkys is it. Go on Tony lad 

Certainly looks that way...but there is so much information that is unknown and hidden. 

Enjoying the moment but with some anxiety that it could all be dismantled in an instant....from afar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Certainly looks that way...but there is so much information that is unknown and hidden. 

Enjoying the moment but with some anxiety that it could all be dismantled in an instant....from afar.

The silence is till deafening, despite this unexpected spending spree. I never for one minute, expected us to spend £6m plus on a player this season. we still have no idea of what is happening with the debt and what ambitions Venkys now have. I do wonder if something has happened in the background that we have as fans haven't heard about.

Maybe they've found a way around FFP or are deciding balls to it like other clubs although i'd be more inclined to think they are front loading with a bit of spending knowing in the not to distant future we've a couple of players who'll be offski for big money that will cover it and then some ?

Seems they've been listening to TM and the football people at the club and on the back of last season as a result they've now got a bit of value back in the squad even before any big investment this summer. The BOI might be confident enough again to allow it for the first time since the parachutes dried up having seen what the last round of investment returned under GB.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think our past problems were due to the wrong people being on the ground in and around the club, more so than the owners. They were clueless, but if they kept what we had or appointed the right people from the start, it would have saved us fans a lot of pain 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe they've found a way around FFP or are deciding balls to it like other clubs although i'd be more inclined to think they are front loading with a bit of spending knowing in the not to distant future we've a couple of players who'll be offski for big money that will cover it and then some ?

Seems they've been listening to TM and the football people at the club and on the back of last season as a result they've now got a bit of value back in the squad even before any big investment this summer. The BOI might be confident enough again to allow it for the first time since the parachutes dried up having seen what the last round of investment returned under GB.

I don't think FFP is anything to worry about with the levels we've been spending.

Whilst the Brereton deal is a lot more than I expected us to be spending, it isn't going to be a £7 million cash payout in one go. It will be a deal that could reach £7 million over the next 3-4 years if certain milestones are reached for both Ben and Rovers e.g. if we get promoted, if he scores X goals or if he plays for England.

If any of those things do happen then his value and our value/revenues will increase so much that £7 million will be loose change.

As with Armstrong it really is a no-brainer. We've probably committed to £4 million or so for Brereton and about £1.5 million for Armstrong. Decent money but not close to what most clubs at this level have spent recently. But the key is that there's a very high likelihood that one or both of those two lads will be worth £10 million+ in the next couple of years if they develop as expected and perform in the Championship. If they don't they've always got Dack who even now would probably fetch a £6 million profit having only played 3 Championship games in his career.

Its a sensible and good way to do business, along similar lines to what they were doing under Bowyer although they seem to have released a bit more for Mowbray either because they like him or because the wage bill isn't quite as onerous as it was back then.

It comes back to whether this is a genuine attempt to improve and strengthen the team for years to come or whether its with a view to a mass cull in a couple of years should we not manage to get promoted. Only time will tell but after what they did to Bowyer's team I'm treading more carefully this time. I hope they've changed and the accountants, Mowbray, Waggott and Pasha have got the message through to the bungalow that this is how to behave. 

• Like 5