BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

When are these Indians going to tidy up by rebuilding the old demolished school wall that runs along Bolton road with all the weeds behind it.

First sight of Ewood from this angle isn't good at all, yet nothing seems to be being done to improve this area.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 4

The land was never properly treated or surfaced, just levelled out and used as a primitive car park when required at the outrageous price of £10 a car last time i checked. That land should have been properly surfaced and fenced off and incorporated as an extra car park similar to those at the BBE and DE.

As it is it looks very run down and scruffy as the first thing people see when arriving from the motorway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Venky's AGM coming up

AGM 26/09/2018 This is to inform you that, the 42nd Annual General Meeting of the members of Venky''s (India) Limited will be held on Wednesday, 26th September, 2018 at 10.30 a.m. at Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel, Raja Bahadur Mill Road, Near Pune Railway Station, Pune

"Any other Business?"

"Yes - Do we still own that Soccer team in UK?"

"I think so, maybe - It's all gone very quiet. Do we have a man over there ? Who knows?" "Any important questions?" 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Venkys cash input. £4,812,500 paid into Venkys London Limited by way of shares on 16th November which I would assume as previously will now be loaned to the Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Could it be forward planning to enable the first installment on Ben Brereton's transfer or an indication of the size of the January transfer budget? Or could it just be to cover on-going losses?

In any event its now cost the family a grant total of £157 million for their advertising vehicle/hobby/other purpose depending on your own opinions.

• Like 4

Just now, PLJPB said:

Latest Venkys cash input. £4,812,500 paid into Venkys London Limited by way of shares on 16th November which I would assume as previously will now be loaned to the Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Could it be forward planning to enable the first installment on Ben Brereton's transfer or an indication of the size of the January transfer budget? Or could it just be to cover on-going losses?

In any event its now cost the family a grant total of £157 million for their advertising vehicle/hobby/other purpose depending on your own opinions.

FOOLS and their money..........

They must have spent more taking us from the premiership to the 3rd tier than what Jack did taking us the bottom of the second to the premiership title, not taking into account the vast amounts of TV money that was squandered along the way.

• Like 3

It's money they want to get rid of one way or another so leave them to it it's their name over the door so their responsibility. At least now some of it sticks to the sides instead of flowing straight through the pipes and the club not individuals seem to be benefitting and that's more like how it should be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanks said:

They must have spent more taking us from the premiership to the 3rd tier than what Jack did taking us the bottom of the second to the premiership title, not taking into account the vast amounts of TV money that was squandered along the way.

Jack's Rovers era couldn't have been far off self-funding - including a stadium.  If it wasn't for the Kidd years, I'd be certain that it was.

Does anyone have the facts and figures for it?

I'm sure I remember the trust completely writing off about 80 million in loans from Jack a few years after his death. 

Doubt Jack ever took a penny back himself although he may have looked after a few people/family via the club but the flow of money under Venkys is a whole different ball game i'd say in terms of where it all comes from and where some of it has gone.  Doubt even they know !

4 hours ago, PLJPB said:

Can you provide a source for this info at all. ? 

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure I remember the trust completely writing off about 80 million in loans from Jack a few years after his death. 

Doubt Jack ever took a penny back himself although he may have looked after a few people/family via the club but the flow of money under Venkys is a whole different ball game i'd say in terms of where it all comes from and where some of it has gone.  Doubt even they know !

80million of cost between 89 and 2002? That doesn’t sound much even considering what we won and the exponential “football” inflation, especially compared to 150m for us now - 2009-2018.

Dont need to get into our old discussion on intent - we both agree though on it being their (Raos) legacy; mismanagement costing millions.

Maybe they’re a bit more encouraged recently, since their probable 150m loss 12 month ago, has been turned into probably a 100m loss now by simple value of playing staff.

The thing I always find mind boggling with “Venkys” is the money they’ve always plunged into the academy. What better excuse was league 1 to bin it off? The factor of our team being chock full of graduates isn’t an accident. In fact, I’d argue the grade one cost alone plus staffing was probably more expensive than our total season ticket takings in league 1.

They have kept that going - although I recall we filled it with Portuguese dross for a short time. Kinder and Bowyer sorted it out (allegedly!)

• Like 1

Before they used to have to issue shares to pay the wages of Murphy, Orr etc. At least now we are seeing something tangible on the pitch for it. Rathbone in the LT today saying BB could be a £30m player in the future. 

Let's hope they stick to the plan this time instead of getting impatient like they did under Bowyer, even after he started making them some big money.

12 hours ago, Biz said:

80million of cost between 89 and 2002? That doesn’t sound much even considering what we won and the exponential “football” inflation, especially compared to 150m for us now - 2009-2018.

Dont need to get into our old discussion on intent - we both agree though on it being their (Raos) legacy; mismanagement costing millions.

Maybe they’re a bit more encouraged recently, since their probable 150m loss 12 month ago, has been turned into probably a 100m loss now by simple value of playing staff.

The thing I always find mind boggling with “Venkys” is the money they’ve always plunged into the academy. What better excuse was league 1 to bin it off? The factor of our team being chock full of graduates isn’t an accident. In fact, I’d argue the grade one cost alone plus staffing was probably more expensive than our total season ticket takings in league 1.

They have kept that going - although I recall we filled it with Portuguese dross for a short time. Kinder and Bowyer sorted it out (allegedly!)

Yep the Academy seems to be the one real legacy of Jack they've truly respected and amid all the chaos over the last 8 years whoever has held firm on that and advised its continued funding deserves a pat on the back at least.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Before they used to have to issue shares to pay the wages of Murphy, Orr etc. At least now we are seeing something tangible on the pitch for it. Rathbone in the LT today saying BB could be a £30m player in the future. 

Let's hope they stick to the plan this time instead of getting impatient like they did under Bowyer, even after he started making them some big money.

I lost patience with Bowyer myself. Always felt like whenever we got near the play-offs, we would take 2 steps back. 

• Like 2

Similar feelings on GB although I think his main instruction from above was grow a team in value rather than go all out for promotion. He did however deserve to be allowed to reinvest a bit of what he'd helped bring in after the fire sale started. Rumours he'd always fancied selling Rhodes then using that money to rebuild but that was never going to happen they just got Lambert in to be the fall guy for that one with the hope a few big loans would be enough to go up.

eejits !

• Like 2