BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I lost patience with Bowyer myself. Always felt like whenever we got near the play-offs, we would take 2 steps back. 

It doesn't help when his best players are sold from under him (Gestede) and he's then told the next day he's expected to achieve promotion. I think he'll always be held in high-regard by most right-thinking Rovers fans ;)

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It doesn't help when his best players are sold from under him (Gestede) and he's then told the next day he's expected to achieve promotion. I think he'll always be held in high-regard by most right-thinking Rovers fans ;)

Absolutly Blueboy.

They sold Cairney from under him also and Rhodes twice.....

Bowyers tenure for the most part was a bright period during very dark times.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Also didn’t help that he played Cairney on the right wing, but it is what it is. 

The same Cairney who was superb in that position and got player of the season in his 1st year ( I may have made that up) and then after a poor 2nd season still got as a big money move to Fulham. I bet Cairney loves Bowyer.

Just now, Gav said:

Absolutly Blueboy.

They sold Cairney from under him also and Rhodes twice.....

Bowyers tenure for the most part was a bright period during very dark times.

The frustration is they could have built on those good players Bowyer bought for a pittance and let him buy more. He could obviously spot them. Even if they didn't think he could have taken us up they could have changed managers and continued to invest. Instead they sold everyone, left Bowyer with just enough budget for the likes of that shite forward Keita/Koita and then sacked him when he wasn't top of the league. 

Now we are spending £7m on a young lad. Money was never a problem. The problem is they don't understand football and they can't just click their fingers like petulant brats and expect promotion and then 'punish' the club when it doesn't happen. Hopefully Mowbray is getting through to them and they don't throw their dummies out again when we have a bad run. 

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Also didn’t help that he played Cairney on the right wing, but it is what it is. 

Player development, it was in his blood I think he was applying the youth principles to the first team because he really didn't know any different. Also there was the Lowe issue which has been done to death but it was always going to be him they tried to build the team around.

Marshall was another, right wing one week left wing another, number 10 then right back, pity Ben didn't have the consistency nor the mentality to keep his head up or he'd have been another big money sale on GB's resume.

As would captain fantastic had he actually been any good,  frustrating stuff at the time for a lot of us fans but looking back and using the words of a forked tongued reptile 'we could see what he was trying to do there'.

Edited by tomphil

30 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Low blow and I thought we were getting on well ?

I liked Bowyer, a lot. I just felt whenever we got near the play offs something would go wrong.

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Player development, it was in his blood I think he was applying the youth principles to the first team because he really didn't know any different. Also there was the Lowe issue which has been done to death but it was always going to be him they tried to build the team around.

Marshall was another, right wing one week left wing another, number 10 then right back, pity Ben didn't have the consistency nor the mentality to keep his head up or he'd have been another big money sale on GB's resume.

As would captain fantastic had he actually been any good,  frustrating stuff at the time for a lot of us fans but looking back and using the words of a forked tongued reptile 'we could see what he was trying to do there'.

Marshall is just a bit frustrating in general. He’s a cracking player when he’s at it, he really is. He just isn’t at it nearly as much as we’d like him to be.

Think he looked class at full back tbh. 

I think he has had a number of issues with mental health in the past, if I’m not mistaken, which would definitely explain a few things. 

• Like 2

Their behaviour towards the end of Bowyers tenure is precisely the reason I refuse to be taken in by a 12 month improvement since last year. Things have unravelled very quickly from a position of relative stability and strength under their watch before and whilst we are almost all quite happy with how things are at the moment you must have selective memory to overlook what happened not long ago and blindly believe a corner has at long last been turned.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Their behaviour towards the end of Bowyers tenure is precisely the reason I refuse to be taken in by a 12 month improvement since last year. Things have unravelled very quickly from a position of relative stability and strength under their watch before and whilst we are almost all quite happy with how things are at the moment you must have selective memory to overlook what happened not long ago and blindly believe a corner has at long last been turned.

Agreed, will never forget the start of their tenure and the cluelessness of the owners whom are established successful business people in their own right. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

No major issue with him being there but not sure it should be us welcoming a special guest like he’s some dignitary!

If I recall he was the one who had the interest in football, wonder if he’s been charged with keeping an eye on things and working with the club 

Stay away Raos. The fan unrest has almost completely stopped simply because you lot have kept away. There is no kudos for you. You’ve done less than half a job in terms of undoing the ruination of this club. When we are 14th in the PL you can come back - minus fleet of rollers.

• Like 9