BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

In some ways we are lucky that the Venkys didn’t walk away and leave the club in administration. As it is, they are still putting millions into BRFC to keep us going. Surely that alone should mean they are extended some degree of courtesy when a family member visits the club. Personal insults will never get us anywhere in the long road to a better relationship going forward, and no, I’m not an apologist for the Rao family.

Edited by Giant
Spelling.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Giant said:

In some ways we are lucky that the Venkys didn’t walk away and leave the club in administration. As it is, they are still putting millions into BRFC to keep us going. Surely that alone should mean they are extended some degree of courtesy when a family member visits the club. Personal insults will never get us anywhere in the long road to a better relationship going forward, and no, I’m not an apologist for the Rao family.

Disagree pal

I would say we are unlucky

• Like 2

I'm not sure how he's a "guest" when the family owns the club. Someone said to Ken Bates early in his Chelsea reign "come as my guest" and you can imagine the response.

Wouldn't get my hopes up (and anyone can see the pic with Mowbray is blatant propaganda) but you can't always assume people are awful human beings because of their relatives. Look at Jack. 

Edited by Vinjay17

12 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I'm not sure how he's a "guest" when the family owns the club. Someone said to Ken Bates early in his Chelsea reign "come as my guest" and you can imagine the response.

Wouldn't get my hopes up (and anyone can see the pic with Mowbray is blatant propaganda) but you can't always assume people are awful human beings because of their relatives. Look at Jack. 

He didn't pay for a ticket?

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Whilst they are owners of the club it is likely to be better that they have some sort of involvement or interest rather than absolutely none and the more personal relationships and interest in the club at their end the better our prospects.

I’d say the events of the last 18 months - 2 years proves the exact opposite to be the case.

The one constant in our upturn in fortunes is a complete absence of Venky’s.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Giant said:

LUCKY???? :wacko:

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’d say the events of the last 18 months - 2 years proves the exact opposite to be the case.

The one constant in our upturn in fortunes is a complete absence of Venky’s.

Venkys haven't been absent.  They've been silent and have stayed away from Ewood but they are ultimately still calling the shots. They were also silent from 2013-15 whilst Bowyer was here but things then broke down again which is why I'm not jumping to any conclusions.  To me it seems their henchman Pasha has been de facto running the club since 2015, or at least was doing until Waggott/Mowbray got their feet under the table. It seems to me that his presence has enabled progress of a limited kind.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Venkys haven't been absent.  They've been silent and have stayed away from Ewood but they are ultimately still calling the shots. They were also silent from 2013-15 whilst Bowyer was here but things then broke down again which is why I'm not jumping to any conclusions.  To me it seems their henchman Pasha has been de facto running the club since 2015, or at least was doing until Waggott/Mowbray got their feet under the table. It seems to me that his presence has enabled progress of a limited kind.

The only way anyone should feel the slightest trust is if they write off the loans. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And I’d argue that the improvements are in spite of them, not because of them. 

Nobody will ever know if Pascha is a shadow director, a trusted advisor or a glorified tea boy. Hopefully the latter. 

56 minutes ago, DE. said:

Venky's are the ones who put the club in danger of administration in the first place. Would you be grateful if somebody stabbed you in the face but then had the courtesy to take you to the hospital afterwards?

Would you be even more grateful that they decided - purely out of courtesy - not to turn of the life support machine.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Whether you like or loathe Venkys or whether you think we should be grateful for their continued (mainly self-inflicted) financial support is irrelevant for me.

I've no time for Venkys at all and as I've explained many a time on here I'm reluctant to believe that a corner has truly been turned off the back of 12 months of positive progress. 

Having said that I think we can all agree that the last 12-18 months have been better than what came before that, and most people feel better about things than they have in a while.

With that in mind I don't think it is wise to start hurling abuse and insults the moment one of the Venky group turn up at Ewood. Whilst they are owners of the club it is likely to be better that they have some sort of involvement or interest rather than absolutely none and the more personal relationships and interest in the club at their end the better our prospects.

I certainly think it would be counter-productive to start hurling insults at this bloke as soon as he appears at Ewood. Rather than achieve anything positive it could well cause more damage as these are the sort who will pull the shutters down and the drawbridge up if they feel like it.

I can learn to tolerate them as long as the club seems to be run in a professional manner and they are clearly providing financial support to enable us to compete beyond what other clubs are able to do. 

This is by no means a Venky supporting post, I still don't really trust them after what went on with Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle, but I fail to see what possible good it will do to start being aggressive towards a bloke who could well be owner in years to come, especially when Mowbray has spoken of the need to try and build bridges and get the owners engaged.

They just need to stay away and keep their traps shut.

Every time they have been audible/visible they have made fools of themselves and us.

Their only value to Rovers is to keep putting 50ps in the meter that our life support machine is attached to.

Hypothetically if something happened to Balaji tomorrow the power could fall to Jagdish. I'm certainly not convinced "Madame"  and third wheel are as interested. Once again people shouldn't always judge people on their families. It would be ironic wouldn't it if Jagdish was to Balaji what Jack (to an extent) was to Howard. Of course compared to Howard pretty much anyone on the planet could be considered an improvement so that's not saying much. 

Edited by Vinjay17

4 hours ago, Giant said:

As my grandma would say “don’t talk wet!”

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Whether you like or loathe Venkys or whether you think we should be grateful for their continued (mainly self-inflicted) financial support is irrelevant for me.

I've no time for Venkys at all and as I've explained many a time on here I'm reluctant to believe that a corner has truly been turned off the back of 12 months of positive progress. 

Having said that I think we can all agree that the last 12-18 months have been better than what came before that, and most people feel better about things than they have in a while.

With that in mind I don't think it is wise to start hurling abuse and insults the moment one of the Venky group turn up at Ewood. Whilst they are owners of the club it is likely to be better that they have some sort of involvement or interest rather than absolutely none and the more personal relationships and interest in the club at their end the better our prospects.

I certainly think it would be counter-productive to start hurling insults at this bloke as soon as he appears at Ewood. Rather than achieve anything positive it could well cause more damage as these are the sort who will pull the shutters down and the drawbridge up if they feel like it.

I can learn to tolerate them as long as the club seems to be run in a professional manner and they are clearly providing financial support to enable us to compete beyond what other clubs are able to do. 

This is by no means a Venky supporting post, I still don't really trust them after what went on with Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle, but I fail to see what possible good it will do to start being aggressive towards a bloke who could well be owner in years to come, especially when Mowbray has spoken of the need to try and build bridges and get the owners engaged.

Well, it's no surprise that feelings are still raw.

I was dreading them turning up at that final Oxford game. I am sure that even in our (third division) triumph, some would have given a very public negative reaction. Purely in terms of strategy, I would have tried to avoid promoting negativity in that moment.

I am torn between doing nothing to damage an apparent change in Venky behaviour and that uncomfortable feeling of the victim survivor, treading on eggshells, so as not to disturb the abuser!

There has been no reconciliation. The fanbase is split and discussion on every forum about Venky forgiveness creates a storm. Well that is hardly surprising, is it!

Personally, my dissent is alive and kicking, but I am keeping my (powerless) powder dry.

If I were Dustin Hoffman, I'd be telling Dr Szel that it isn't safe..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

I would say this forum is probably not the norm when it comes to views on the owners, well not when compared to match going fans.

I would say pretty much every conversation I’ve had about the owners over the past 12 months has had the other person say something like:

’They were badly advised, but they’ve learnt their lesson’

’They’ve put more money in than Jack’

’The missing fans should come back and support the club like Venky’s are doing’

’Who’s going to buy the club?’

I would say the LT comments section seems more true to what I hear at Ewood them on here, unfortunately.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

It would be interesting to see a poll of whether if Venkys came to a game, people would welcome them or meet them with hostility.

I think the analogy of someone having the decency to take you to hospital after stabbing you in the face was a very apt one!

Except they sent a clown to our bedside- instead of a consultant. Then they stabbed us again after we got out of hospital....

• Like 2