BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Whether you like or loathe Venkys or whether you think we should be grateful for their continued (mainly self-inflicted) financial support is irrelevant for me.

I've no time for Venkys at all and as I've explained many a time on here I'm reluctant to believe that a corner has truly been turned off the back of 12 months of positive progress. 

Having said that I think we can all agree that the last 12-18 months have been better than what came before that, and most people feel better about things than they have in a while.

With that in mind I don't think it is wise to start hurling abuse and insults the moment one of the Venky group turn up at Ewood. Whilst they are owners of the club it is likely to be better that they have some sort of involvement or interest rather than absolutely none and the more personal relationships and interest in the club at their end the better our prospects.

I certainly think it would be counter-productive to start hurling insults at this bloke as soon as he appears at Ewood. Rather than achieve anything positive it could well cause more damage as these are the sort who will pull the shutters down and the drawbridge up if they feel like it.

I can learn to tolerate them as long as the club seems to be run in a professional manner and they are clearly providing financial support to enable us to compete beyond what other clubs are able to do. 

This is by no means a Venky supporting post, I still don't really trust them after what went on with Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle, but I fail to see what possible good it will do to start being aggressive towards a bloke who could well be owner in years to come, especially when Mowbray has spoken of the need to try and build bridges and get the owners engaged.

Some strange logic there. They could bankrupt Rovers at the stroke of a pen and it's a few barbs on a forum you have the issue with?

Also, as long as they continue to make us more competitive than anyone else you think it's ok they continue to own us? A man of principle, huh?!

They are either incompetent or much worse. Unfortunately we are now financially beholden to the very people who have destroyed the club. Pandering to the ego of their son will not change any of that. He's probably just the new Shebby!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Some strange logic there. They could bankrupt Rovers at the stroke of a pen and it's a few barbs on a forum you have the issue with?

Also, as long as they continue to make us more competitive than anyone else you think it's ok they continue to own us? A man of principle, huh?!

They are either incompetent or much worse. Unfortunately we are now financially beholden to the very people who have destroyed the club. Pandering to the ego of their son will not change any of that. He's probably just the new Shebby!

I share your feelings, but it is hardly surprising that many fans are conflicted.

Blimey, I am conflicted myself..........but I will never change my name!

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be interesting to see a poll of whether if Venkys came to a game, people would welcome them or meet them with hostility.

I think the analogy of someone having the decency to take you to hospital after stabbing you in the face was a very apt one!

But that analogy suggests that the "culprit"  recognises his fault if not guilt, and is an open expression of concern for the recovery of the patient.

I am guardedly of the view that  over the period of Mowbray's tenure that the owners  have at least demonstrated a closed  recognition of their failure to control the "alleged plunderers" in enabling the local control over finance and admin under Waggott and the positive and clearly planned  retention of senior playing and managerial staff amongst the many and varied other signs of "the recovery of the patient".

There could be legal issues that will never be in the public domain that prevent the owners from ever being able to openly and fully explain the history of the first phase of ownership.

An explanation would be helpful but in its absence the present and continuing financial commitment suggests that they want the Club to be upwardly mobile (as do the fans)

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't think so. Yes they could bankrupt us on a whim, unlikely to happen. Ideal scenario is they clear off and pass the club on to a rich and better owner, again unlikely to happen as they show no inclination of going anywhere. In the meantime we're stuck with them until they decide otherwise so the next best thing is we somehow manage to come up with an arrangement where they bankroll the club whilst making progress on and off the pitch, which is what appears to have happened since Mowbray came in.

I think they are more likely to make positive progress at the club if there isn't abuse directed at them. I'm not expecting people to welcome them with open arms, roll out the red carpet for them or praise them, but I certainly don't think it will help if one of the inner circle turns up at Ewood and is immediately targeted for abuse. I'm not talking about message board stuff, I'm talking about people booing, hissing, throwing stuff as soon as he appears at Ewood.

Baby steps. I don't know much about this lad or how much power he wields but he's a new face, according to some he's interested in football, the son of one of the owners. If he goes back to India and reports positive things it can only help the club in the short term. If he goes back and reports negative things then it - could - set us back or damage things.

I've already made my position clear on them. I can accept their presence if there is a benefit to Blackburn Rovers of them being here. If their ownership has no benefits to Rovers, or they are actively causing harm, then there's absolutely no point to us of them owning us.

As it stands I believe we are at least getting some benefit from their ownership as they are allowing Mowbray to do a good job and seem to be backing his decisions whilst supporting him financially. If the circus returns, they start meddling or turn off the financial support then we go from progression to regression and they will be lambasted.

I don't think it is hypocritical - if there is some sort of advantage or positive signs of Venkys being here then I can put them to the back of my mind and carry on. If they're actively causing damage, stopping investing or allowing the club to regress then I will be vocal in my criticism. As it is I am waiting to see how things unfold, I don't really trust them but I think there is a fragile balance in place at the moment and directing abuse to one of their children the moment they appear at Ewood could shatter that fragile balance.

Don't think it is 'pandering to ego' to accept that he came to visit, see what it was like and had his photo taken with the manager. It could be interpreted as taking more of an interest and making small steps at their end to repair the mistrust with fans.

For all we know this could be down to Mowbray who has spoken to them about returning - perhaps they have listened and sent their son over first to see how things are like and what reception they get.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Could this be why TM and co didn't need to go to India this time ?  I think a few of us felt for some time this lad might have a big say in the Rovers 'toy' after all his father did say years ago he'd be on the board when he was old enough.  Maybe he wasn't but now is and maybe the new way of doing stuff is down to him ?

If so leave the bugger alone and let him get on with it although did have some dialogue with him on twitter a few years ago and he seemed as completely deluded as the rest in terms of they'd done nothing wrong !

If he's keen and really interested then that might help I just hope he has a fortune behind him already and wouldn't be after making his own wages out of it. Also I hope he doesn't have a friendly adopted English uncle called Jerome !!!

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

“They are bankrolling the club”

”We were a heavy loss making company before they came along”

”They were as much of a victim as the fans”

”They weren’t even responsible for appointing Coyle”

”If they are engaged with the club it will be better for everyone”

”They have already apologised on the pitch before a game”

“The club aren’t in any debt”

”If you made one mistake should you not be allowed to move on from it?”

”If the Venky’s out brigade got what they wanted we’d be doing a Bolton”

“Their one mistake was listening to people who didn’t have the clubs best interest at heart”

”They came with good intentions and were thoroughly used and abused”

”They paid for a church roof”

”They have got us to where we want to be”

“They have earned a chance from all”

“They should be made welcome”

I’ve clearly somehow found myself in an alternate universe!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“They are bankrolling the club”

”We were a heavy loss making company before they came along”

”They were as much of a victim as the fans”

”They weren’t even responsible for appointing Coyle”

”If they are engaged with the club it will be better for everyone”

”They have already apologised on the pitch before a game”

“The club aren’t in any debt”

”If you made one mistake should you not be allowed to move on from it?”

”If the Venky’s out brigade got what they wanted we’d be doing a Bolton”

“Their one mistake was listening to people who didn’t have the clubs best interest at heart”

”They came with good intentions and were thoroughly used and abused”

”They paid for a church roof”

”They have got us to where we want to be”

“They have earned a chance from all”

“They should be made welcome”

I’ve clearly somehow found myself in an alternate universe!

Aaghhh...and here's a new one for you..

"For Balaji so loved the Rovers that he sent his only begotten son...."

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

For me I'm okay with them coming back to games so long as they continue to back the Manager and the people running the club on a daily basis.

I won't boo or hurl abuse at them but I won't be chanting their names or even giving them a nice round of applause.

Times a great healer and if they continue to do what they've done since relegation then I maybe in 5-10 years i'll change my mind on them, who knows.

I think it's in Rovers best interest that the owners feel that they can turn up without being harassed.

Supporters dont seem to have been aware of this blokes presence until after the event which is probably the best approach for any future visit by any of the family. At least he saw a good performance might have had different views if turned up at Preston or Wigan

15 hours ago, 47er said:

I guess we wait and see about the guy, not as if we have a choice.

Didn't Balaji Bling state he wanted his son to take over the running of the club at some point?....I do believe we are seeing those first tentative baby steps made in that direction.Our famous old club bought as a play thing and vanity experiment.

Looks like they are here for a long time to come,oh joy! :unsure:

Let's be nice to him if he has any clout he might give the ok to get in another good striker and fast wide man in the window and not sell Dack, as long as good guy Tony doesn't say no we don't need it !!!!

No wonder he was so confident we'd win on Saturday if he was telling the lads one of their generous paymasters was in town so they'd better show up. Outside possibility that having someone like that around a bit more often would stop the inevitable slide into comfort zone new contracts and mid table mediocrity tend to lead to.

As long as he just turns up to watch and leaves everything to everyone else that is.

32 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

For me I'm okay with them coming back to games so long as they continue to back the Manager and the people running the club on a daily basis.

I won't boo or hurl abuse at them but I won't be chanting their names or even giving them a nice round of applause.

Times a great healer and if they continue to do what they've done since relegation then I maybe in 5-10 years i'll change my mind on them, who knows.

I think it's in Rovers best interest that the owners feel that they can turn up without being harassed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/19/venkys-completes-takeover-blackburn-rovers

For me in this instance time will never heal. She said "we will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy". They might as well have melted his statue and sold it scrap.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/19/venkys-completes-takeover-blackburn-rovers

For me in this instance time will never heal. She said "we will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy". They might as well have melted his statue and sold it scrap.

Quite. That phrase will haunt them for ever..Respect the legacy, my ****

Just thought it might be worth making a poll to see the extent of peoples feelings towards the owners if they returned.

Seen quite a few people suggest they would welcome the owners back due to the money they put in and their "efforts" to repair the damage. And obviously still some saying no way to the idea of forgiveness.  

If mods feel like its unnecessary or if its too similar to the existing Venkys thread, please delete.

• Backroom

I wouldn't welcome them back, but at the same time I wouldn't be openly hostile to them as I don't think violence or indecent behaviour does anything to paint the support in a positive light. No option for that, so, other, I guess? 

• Like 1

Difference between welcoming them back and accepting them back. I don't think I'd ever applaud their arrival or cheer them on the pitch, not unless something very drastic happened, but at the same time I don't take umbrage at them turning up from time to time to watch a game and I don't think I would ever hurl abuse or throw things at them as I think it could do more harm.

I have voted hostile - that would never be overtly physical, but they deserve a full barrage of verbals informing them of what they have put us through as fans. They seem completely oblivious to that. Well, completely oblivious to most things, save for the cash draining out of their bank account. Do they even know their own end game?

• Like 1

Let's be honest if they have rovers best intentions and seriously want rovers in the premiership and to do well the last thing we need is for them to come back. The last thing we need now is the fan based divided again. If they show up you would get the hostile voters being just that and the forgive and move on lot having ago at the hostile lot. It's our own mini brexit lol. 

If they don't care stay away and feck off, if they do, then stay away and feck off until we are an established premier league side at the very minimum.  we can have another poll to see if we can let you Grace this beautiful northern town without getting snowballed if they manage to get us back to where we where when they found us

Edited by Oldgregg86

They came and went at times in the height of all the nonsense and barely got any stick only when they turned up in Andersons pre arranged pantomime did it really tip people over the edge !   I'm sure they've been since then and only got stick when the upped and left on 60 mins ?

Couldn't care less now as long as they do it respectfully or low key after all they have us by the goolies and they go hand in had with their money so like it or not they are entitled, I don't say that easily but it's a fact.

To be honest it's middlemen i'd rather not hear of, see or smell anywhere near Ewood ever again at the min over these lot.

• Like 1