BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

• Backroom

I've chosen 'Willing to forgive and draw a line' which maybe a little hypocritical coming from me, seeing as though I set up the "2 quid to get rid" campaign and the VenkysOut website...

I don't know, I just feel as though something has clicked, I have no evidence to support this, and if Tony Mowbray walked out tomorrow then the shit might hit the fan again but for now I'm willing to see how it goes. 

As others have said, there is no way on this earth I would clap them onto pitch or sing their name, but I do appreciate that they are putting millions per year into the club (their own fault) and they could quite easily walk away if they wanted to. 

The one quote that always sticks with me is this from Andy Cole...

"a trusted little bird told me two months ago what was going to happen. He said that the club would be taken over by an Indian company and that Sam would be pushed aside, to be replaced by the coach Steve Kean. If Keano does well then he keeps the job. If I knew that, then Sam did and he is probably right to think that he is been stabbed in the back."

I wish he would come out and explain this further as I believe it would answer so many questions.

If the option was there to switch owners tomorrow, it would be a yes please cya later from me, that option isn't there and I don't think it will be for a long, long time and therefore I think, for now, we have to...

Forgive but never forget. 

• Like 1

If the owners are truly in it for the long term then it is  undoubtedly in the mutual interests of Fans, Players, Management, Ancillary Employees, that everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. Mowbray whom most supporters feel has the best interests of the Club at heart has openly recently stated that he would like to see circumstances where the owners can return. 

I do not expect any kind of grovelling apology as some seem to want but there should come a time when an apologetic tone and explanation could create a more forgiving climate for them.

No one could be expected to forget the disastrous recent history. Forgiveness may take a long while to achieve. Just getting along without barbs and histrionics would be an acceptable position for me to take.

I think the key bit in the poll question is ‘If Venky’s were to apologise’...

Never going to happen. They would rather piss away tens of millions of pounds than apologise and admit mistakes. Their ludicrous superiority complex, total lack of humility and complete stubborn arrogance makes it unlikely I’ll ever get close to forgiving them.

• Like 1

• Backroom

If the Coyle/SEM stuff hadn't happened in 2016 I might take talk of them turning a corner or whatever else a little more seriously, but that whole episode stunk and keeps my suspicions raised even with a relatively painless past 18 months. 

• Like 5

For me Never Forgive, Never Forget, Never make them welcome. They have lost a generation of supporters for the club. The damage they have overseen will far outlive their stay at Ewood.

Support the team, Venkys if they insist on staying involved should do the best thing they can do and stay well away. The mere mention of opens old wounds and divides the fan base it would be even worse should they rock up at a game. Out of sight out of mind 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

If the Coyle/SEM stuff hadn't happened in 2016 I might take talk of them turning a corner or whatever else a little more seriously, but that whole episode stunk and keeps my suspicions raised even with a relatively painless past 18 months. 

Some fans have incredibly short memories.

4 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Some fans have incredibly short memories.

I genuinely believe that getting promoted from the Third Division was enough for some fans to forgive them. What about local businesses who saw a big drop in match day takings and the staff at Ewood who were made redundant or given reduced hours all due to the owners absolute incompetence. Their rap sheet is huge, it's a big no from me to ever see them at Ewood again 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/19/venkys-completes-takeover-blackburn-rovers

For me in this instance time will never heal. She said "we will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy". They might as well have melted his statue and sold it scrap.

Don't give them ideas ! They can come over next time it snows if they like.

It’s hard to really give a complete opinion on this because I know many people would have plenty to say.

The crux is, the Rao ownership have made considerable errors and the fans paid for it. The reason for those “errors” is obviously disputed and I don’t want to get into that.

The problem I have with hostility or a constant grudge is it does nothing positive for me or the club. Hate ain’t healthy. Especially when Rovers are a key form of entertainment/escapism.

Finally - the future is far more important. Do I believe a “more welcomed Rao” might be beneficial long term? I guess it depends how long they intend to stay - and they’ve never even considered the option to sell. Would I be able to accept them at the club again without feeling obliged to boo? I’m not sure I could answer that question because timing would be key.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biz said:

It’s hard to really give a complete opinion on this because I know many people would have plenty to say.

The crux is, the Rao ownership have made considerable errors and the fans paid for it. The reason for those “errors” is obviously disputed and I don’t want to get into that.

The problem I have with hostility or a constant grudge is it does nothing positive for me or the club. Hate ain’t healthy. Especially when Rovers are a key form of entertainment/escapism.

Finally - the future is far more important. Do I believe a “more welcomed Rao” might be beneficial long term? I guess it depends how long they intend to stay - and they’ve never even considered the option to sell. Would I be able to accept them at the club again without feeling obliged to boo? I’m not sure I could answer that question because timing would be key.

I'm off the same opinion tbh as you. 

Tho I differ on the Rao coming to watched a game, I see as they are connected again with the club and willing to invest in the club and Mowbray again. Mowbray has build a rapport up with them where they trust him and his judgement. So to be their big thing with them Trust

Do I trust them? no

1 hour ago, Biz said:

It may surprise you, Biz,  but I agree with you there.

The past is gone and hate is unhealthy. My concern is about their intentions. There was not just one"error"/act of sabotage, but several. Also, there have been periods of so called stability before, but they have been brought to a sudden end by another act of sabotage.

The Coyle business on its own means we must beware of what child protection workers might  call "the rule of optimism" e.g.

Believing that what we are seeing is progress;

Filtering out or minimizing areas of concern;

Focusing only on strengths and ignoring what is not working

Overly positive interpretations of what is going on.

Not that we can actually intervene or make a difference to anything Venky's do,  but I suggest it is far too early to define everything, as fine behind the scenes..

I guess the trick is to prevent negativity influencing what happens on the pitch.

I think TM and the players have done a huge amount in re-building a positive relationship between the team ( club?) and the supporters.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It may surprise you, Biz,  but I agree with you there.

The past is gone and hate is unhealthy. My concern is about their intentions. There was not just one"error"/act of sabotage, but several. Also, there have been periods of so called stability before, but they have been brought to a sudden end by another act of sabotage.

The Coyle business on its own means we must beware of what child protection workers might  call "the rule of optimism" e.g.

Believing that what we are seeing is progress;

Filtering out or minimizing areas of concern;

Focusing only on strengths and ignoring what is not working

Overly positive interpretations of what is going on.

Not that we can actually intervene or make a difference to anything Venky's do,  but I suggest it is far too early to define everything, as fine behind the scenes..

I guess the trick is to prevent negativity influencing what happens on the pitch.

I think TM and the players have done a huge amount in re-building a positive relationship between the team ( club?) and the supporters.

Like I said - the intentions, reasons and reactions to the errors they’ve made are fuel for a long and convoluted debate, from the absurd to the utter ridiculous; Facebook messages about potential targets, text messages from fans on line ups, then the utter negligence in terms of a “contracts for the boys” mentality and then everything else on top.

Thing is, that’s in the past. The Raos need to keep pumping in the maximum possible within reason, continue to run the club with an actual board structure and remit from Ewood, allow those “target set” employees to make decisions on hiring proper managers and signing players and finally - staying away from them personally having any remit about a sport and club they’ve never fully understood.

Apologies in words are meaningless. Compare us to 12 months ago though, ignoring that they put us in league 1 ultimately, we are a lot closer to returning to the top ten or mid table premier league club that they inherited.

If they can achieve that, I’d accept that as apology. Minimum. 

Find it very interesting that slightly more would be willing to forgive and forget rather than greet them with hostility.

I know that when the topic arose ie when a junior member of the family tested the water in the way he did the other day, I still felt animosity towards the idea in the pit of my stomach.

Would I protest? (as in the past) No I wouldnt. But I certainly hope they stay well away and a League 1 promotion and a year and a bit of stability hasnt removed my dislike of them by any means.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm off the same opinion tbh as you. 

Tho I differ on the Rao coming to watched a game, I see as they are connected again with the club and willing to invest in the club and Mowbray again. Mowbray has build a rapport up with them where they trust him and his judgement. So to be their big thing with them Trust

Do I trust them? no

So out of interest, if they came back, would you think it was positive or would you dislike it?

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So out of interest, if they came back, would you think it was positive or would you dislike it?

if they came back? They haven't gone anywhere yet, they still owned the club. 

if your question was if they were to attend games again I would I feel about it? Its would depend on what happens at the time and whether they keep investing in the club and backing Mowbray. 

For me, there isn't a right answer here but everyone opinion will be differ and their choice

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just say Mowbray was lured away by a more successful club. What would happen then ? We'd be back playing a guessing game as to who the Chokers would appoint next. We could go backwards as quickly as we've gone forwards. That's why I don't want them anywhere near the Club again.

very hypnotical comment judging by Mowbray just signing a new contract and his comments about owing the club something regarding the potential Dack problem ahead. I feel that Mowbray feels that he owned the fans and the club the duty to get back to the Premier League 

4 hours ago, DE. said:

I wouldn't welcome them back, but at the same time I wouldn't be openly hostile to them as I don't think violence or indecent behaviour does anything to paint the support in a positive light. No option for that, so, other, I guess? 

I'm with you on this. No-one is advocating violence or abuse of any kind on here as far as I can see, so I don't think anyone should be assuming they will like @JHRover has. Let's not jump the gun, they've had 1 snowball thrown at them and not a lot else since they rocked up. Considering the damage they've wrought Rovers fans have been incredibly restrained. So I take exception to posters painting it like there's a hate mob ready to lynch them. There isn't. 

• Like 5

You only have to look around around the Premier League and Championship to see the clowns  owning clubs making knee jerk reactions.

Some do it for the love and are out of their depth. Some are convicted money launderers, and some try and do it for the money and get a rude awakening. I believe Venkys were naive and listened to the wrong advisors. That won’t be the last time that happens in the World. 

I have been as angry as most over the years, but as my angst ridden Wednesday mate reminds me “You have tasted success in your lifetime.”  

Time is now. They, like us, want stability, logic and success and the Venkys are still here   putting money into a club with 12k attendances. 

Tell that to the long suffering and passionate Newcastle fans who have been bled dry by their owner and 50K still turn up in hope  

Lets be thankful  for the moment. A team that is adjusting well to one of the toughest leagues in the World where give or take 9 teams were playing Premier League football in the last three years. Enormous investments    have been by other clubs in this league with huge expectations. 

Welcome Venkys. We all learned some harsh lessons and had bad times with bad managers and bad players, but now is the time to collectively enjoy what has been achieved with Arte et Labore et Mowbre. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure an apology is relevant to the poll. Does anyone really care if they apologise?

Bit late IMO, but a pinch of humility, a soupcon of acknowledgment, a dash of information........no I'll always despise them. Read the Guardian article. They lied, and we have had years of misery and financial impropriety to mull over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if they came back? They haven't gone anywhere yet, they still owned the club. 

if your question was if they were to attend games again I would I feel about it? Its would depend on what happens at the time and whether they keep investing in the club and backing Mowbray. 

For me, there isn't a right answer here but everyone opinion will be differ and their choice

very hypnotical comment judging by Mowbray just signing a new contract and his comments about owing the club something regarding the potential Dack problem ahead. I feel that Mowbray feels that he owned the fans and the club the duty to get back to the Premier League 

Don't be pedantic, I know they do, I meant if they attended another game.

Taking your hypothetical future scenarios out of the equation. If the Raos put out a statement tonight, we are coming to the home game against Birmingham, how would you feel?

You are right, there is no right or wrong answer, all about personal opinion.

And you dont have to defend Mowbrays integrity at every juncture. No one is doubting it. (That said, if Barcelona or Man United wanted him as manager, hed be gone in a shot!) I suspect @Tyrone Shoelaces was mainly pointing out the volatility of the owners beyond their choice of the current manager. Ie it could go pear shaped at any moment under these owners.

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bit late IMO, but a pinch of humility, a soupcon of acknowledgment, a dash of information........no I'll always despise them. Read the Guardian article. They lied, and we have had years of misery and financial impropriety to mull over.

I've read it many times. I just wondered if anyone genuinely cared for an apology and if it would make any difference to anything?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't be pedantic, I know they do, I meant if they attended another game.

Taking your hypothetical future scenarios out of the equation. If the Raos put out a statement tonight, we are coming to the home game against Birmingham, how would you feel?

You are right, there is no right or wrong answer, all about personal opinion.

And you dont have to defend Mowbrays integrity at every juncture. No one is doubting it. (That said, if Barcelona or Man United wanted him as manager, hed be gone in a shot!) I suspect @Tyrone Shoelaces was mainly pointing out the volatility of the owners beyond their choice of the current manager. Ie it could go pear shaped at any moment under these owners.

Then asked that question. 

I have no idea tbh. as long as they keep backing Mowbray and his plans for the future the club and giving funds for good signings I couldn't care less whether they attend or not. 

I defend whoever I wanted thankyou. don't be so pedantic roversfan99. 

Barcelona and Man United aren't coming in for Mowbray so yet again another very unrealistic comment and thought

Edited by chaddyrovers