BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I would say this forum is probably not the norm when it comes to views on the owners, well not when compared to match going fans.

I would say pretty much every conversation I’ve had about the owners over the past 12 months has had the other person say something like:

’They were badly advised, but they’ve learnt their lesson’

’They’ve put more money in than Jack’

’The missing fans should come back and support the club like Venky’s are doing’

’Who’s going to buy the club?’

I would say the LT comments section seems more true to what I hear at Ewood them on here, unfortunately.

Some of those quotes are frankly disgusting. Shameful.

All it takes is for a photo of a Rao or a Venky near the club and all of the old problems return.

They need to stay away or we’ll have more animosity returning.

It just goes to show what I’ve said for a while. Some fans have the memories of goldfish. Or are just a bit thick.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure an apology is relevant to the poll. Does anyone really care if they apologise?

No. The time for apologising has been and gone, from now on they should stay well away from Ewood as all it will do is cause hostility and drama and as we are currently in the best place we’ve been in a while. It’s not needed. Back the manager and stay out the way. If they are going to show there faces i’d prefer if it was on a snowy day  ;) 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Some of those quotes are frankly disgusting. Shameful.

All it takes is for a photo of a Rao or a Venky near the club and all of the old problems return.

They need to stay away or we’ll have more animosity returning.

It just goes to show what I’ve said for a while. Some fans have the memories of goldfish. Or are just a bit thick.

I guess this will annoy people but it's probably both in some cases.

The last time they showed up of course was for Liz Windsor's visit. Could anything have summed them up more than that?

If you're already hostile towards them can't imagine seeing their faces will change anything. I don't think any visit will have a particularly detrimental effect either. Certainly not where the players/management are concerned. People used to feel they were vindictive in retaliation because of the negative reception they had. Unless they are deluded enough to believe everybody has forgiven them that shouldn't be a factor at this point either. Though with people you can't trust who knows?

Tomphil mentioned how Balaji's son may have increasing influence. Maybe he's the only one who could get through to his Father, Aunt, etc. after the 2nd relegation It's not beyond the realms of possibility is it? You could ask "well wouldn't he have gotten through to them sooner?" but this is Venkys we are talking about.

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

They're 'half' rectifying their own scandalous mismanagement, of a club that was the best run club in the country before they arrived. Look around, empty stadium, some poor players, still a lot on tension in the stands between fans who have forgive and fans who haven't, £140 million in debt or whatever it is, no attempts to get fans back by way of a proper apology which would be to reduce prices even if for one season, don't turn up like cowards - that's all their doing and their attitude. As much as Tony and Steve like to lead us to believe that everything is great and they were just a bit silly, a lot of us aren't having it. No welcome from 50% of fans I would say.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Oddly worded poll. “How would you feel?”

I wouldn’t boo or anything but I’d definite feel resentment and annoyance.

It was aimed at how you would feel, not your actions based at how you feel. Would you be open minded and willing to embrace and willing to forgive. Or would you still feel hostile towards them and full of hate.

12 minutes ago, AAK said:

They're 'half' rectifying their own scandalous mismanagement, of a club that was the best run club in the country before they arrived. Look around, empty stadium, some poor players, still a lot on tension in the stands between fans who have forgive and fans who haven't, £140 million in debt or whatever it is, no attempts to get fans back by way of a proper apology which would be to reduce prices even if for one season, don't turn up like cowards - that's all their doing and their attitude. As much as Tony and Steve like to lead us to believe that everything is great and they were just a bit silly, a lot of us aren't having it. No welcome from 50% of fans I would say.

Enough of this damn myth. It's insulting nonsense. Look at what happened to WBA last season (must be because Finn wasn't there that must be the reason right?) it was always one (more) bad appointment away from a relegation. There was nothing masterful about any of the appointments. Hughes was a risk...it worked. Ince was a risk...it didn't. Allardyce was just basic logic under the circumstances BUT he tried to leave and would have tried again. Sick of the "never would have been relegated" narrative and everything would all be pots of gold and pretty rainbows if Venkys hadn't shown up. It was a club with trustees acting on the whims of a neglectful/spiteful family. A club which did such exhaustive research on the sale process that they didn't even know Venkys had no idea what relegation was.

Some people are so naive. Anyone who forgives them is just begging to be stabbed in the back again. Forget about thanking someone for driving you to the hospital after stabbing you in the face. In this case it's all of that, getting discharged and being stabbed again. Maybe it's not healthy to be as paranoid as me (to an extent) but professional conmen should look to move to this area. They will thrive here. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Enough of this damn myth. It's insulting nonsense. Look at what happened to WBA last season (must be because Finn wasn't there that must be the reason right?) it was always one (more) bad appointment away from a relegation. Sick of the "never would have been relegated" narrative and everything would all be pots of gold and pretty rainbows if Venkys hadn't shown up. It was a club with trustees acting on the whims of a neglectful/spiteful family. A club which did such exhaustive research on the sale process that they didn't even know Venkys had no idea what relegation was.

Some people are so naive. Anyone who forgives them is just begging to be stabbed in the back again. Forget about thanking someone for driving you to the hospital after stabbing you in the face. In this case it's all of that, getting discharged and being stabbed again. Maybe it's not healthy to be as paranoid as me (to an extent) but professional conmen should look to move to this area. They will thrive here. 

VInjay, please don't start on the Walkers, AGAIN pal.

15 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It would be nice if you had some respect for others' opposing viewpoints.

On this occasion, no.

But nice to see you’ve still got that belligerent groundless argumentative streak in you, Phil. You’ve been far too reasonable in recent years.

Anyone who suggests Venkys are in any way superior to Jack Walker is... being very polite... thick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was aimed at how you would feel, not your actions based at how you feel. Would you be open minded and willing to embrace and willing to forgive. Or would you still feel hostile towards them and full of hate.

It’s simple. When they return us to where we were before they rocked up they will get a clean slate.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You reckon? Been a good while since I’ve felt any at Ewood.

Guess it helps when you're unbeaten at home (until 2 months ago anyway) for over a year. People have let their guard down. Even some of those who refuse to forgive have to an extent. 

Should people always be told for their own good? Or is part of the learning process letting people make mistakes? Not in this case it's not. 

Edited by Vinjay17

• Backroom

I view Venky’s like I view President Trump.

I wouldn’t boo or do anything hostile if they came here, but that’s only out of respect for the position they hold, not out of respect for them (when they themselves don’t respect their position).

Edited by Mike E

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I view Venky’s like I view President Trump.

I wouldn’t boo or do anything hostile if they came here, but that’s only out of respect for the position they hold, not out of respect for them (when they themselves don’t respect their position).

You don't even have a say on Trump anyway. You're not American (or Russian ?). Neither should people from the UK expect to have any say on how the US govern themselves besides international relationships (and I prefer having the US as an ally) anyway. Not on domestic issues like gun regulations, etc anyway the UK government shouldn't even debate that it's nothing to do with this country. 

I think those who are anti-Venkys can just take certain steps. Avoid the main entrance, etc for instance which in all likelihood would be the closest opportunity to interact (or throw another snowball). If you're want to yell abuse from the stands that's only gonna go so far anyway if people won't join in. Of course if you stand at the JW entrance and yell abuse some clown will probably tell you off and make you wonder if it was worth bothering.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

I guess this will annoy people but it's probably both in some cases.

The last time they showed up of course was for Liz Windsor's visit. Could anything have summed them up more than that?

If you're already hostile towards them can't imagine seeing their faces will change anything. I don't think any visit will have a particularly detrimental effect either. Certainly not where the players/management are concerned. People used to feel they were vindictive in retaliation because of the negative reception they had. Unless they are deluded enough to believe everybody has forgiven them that shouldn't be a factor at this point either. Though with people you can't trust who knows?

Tomphil mentioned how Balaji's son may have increasing influence. Maybe he's the only one who could get through to his Father, Aunt, etc. after the 2nd relegation It's not beyond the realms of possibility is it? You could ask "well wouldn't he have gotten through to them sooner?" but this is Venkys we are talking about.

Hopefully Barry jnr has been studying football business and forensic accounting at whichever British Uni he's been at.

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A couple of days after a Rao is photographed at Ewood and I’m already getting admonished in public and complaints by PM.

Jeez, piss off Venkys, you’re not wanted...

...you’re tolerated.

#VenkysOut Always.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Oddly worded poll. “How would you feel?”

I wouldn’t boo or anything but I’d definite feel resentment and annoyance.

If you did boo you'd be beaten to death by "real" Rovers fans, probably wielding a folded-up copy of the LT!

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

YWelcome Venkys. We all learned some harsh lessons and had bad times with bad managers and bad players, but now is the time to collectively enjoy what has been achieved with Arte et Labore et Mowbre. 

Puke.

• Like 2

I guess it's rich coming from me to point this out but that poll will just create argument. Which in turn often leads to resentment. Those who are hostile are more entitled to be angry with the opposing view though not the other way round. When people have suffered unjustly they want people to feel their pain not throw it back in their face. Or be hypocritical which sometimes is even worse.

Edited by Vinjay17

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

You don't even have a say on Trump anyway. You're not American (or Russian ?). Neither should people from the UK expect to have any say on how the US govern themselves besides international relationships (and I prefer having the US as an ally) anyway. Not on domestic issues like gun regulations, etc anyway the UK government shouldn't even debate that it's nothing to do with this country. 

... that’s why he’s a good comparison. I have no say in who owns Rovers either.

• Like 1

Ok .. So things have improved in the last 18-24 months , there doesn't seem to be any "outside influences" , Mowbray and Waggott seem to be in charge of their own respected areas of the club , the team is performing on the pitch and the relationship between fans and players is the best it's ever been under their ownership and they are  , whether we are still wary of their intentions or not , putting money in ...... But is that enough ??? Is that enough to for us all to forgive and forget the shame , the destruction , the lunacy  ??  To be honest I hate this situation , I would love to have owners who we adore Cheer and sing their name , Christ even Accy Stanley have an owner who has God-like status to them . So what can be done ?

Sadly I think some of the older posters were spot on with this years ago when they said that after the 1960 cup final ticket fiasco a whole generation of Blackburn fans were lost and the same was going to happen under Venkys , some Rovers fans will never ever come back but for a grovelling apology from Madam and co , a promotion to PL massive investment in all areas of the club and winning the FA Cup  but I just don't see that ever happening with Venkys

• Like 2