BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

9 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I guess it's rich coming from me to point this out but that poll will just create argument. Which in turn often leads to resentment. Those who are hostile are more entitled to be angry with the opposing view though not the other way round. When people have suffered unjustly they want people to feel their pain not throw it back in their face. Or be hypocritical which sometimes is even worse.

Between all 50 that are interested.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

they are  , whether we are still wary of their intentions or not , putting money in .

1. They bought the club, bravo for keeping it running, after all it has been here since 1875.

2. I think you will find they’ve taken a fortune out and are also responsible for us not being on the premier league gravy train...after all we were a well established member when they came.

You just can’t spout this shyte mate. I hate them

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

our clubs money.....jones sold for 17m just after takeover....

Followed by Kalinic £6 million and Samba £12.3 million.

Transfer fees showed a profit of £29 million that season.

I recall queries about how and where the Samba Russian money was paid but forget the storyline.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It was a net transfer profit of £19.65m (source is Transfermarkt). It was disappointing to not see investment at that point when we should have been immediately kickin on, but it's also worth pointing out that our previous owners just a couple of seasons earlier had seen a net transfer profit of £23.4m.

The difference is that the Trust ran the club properly, and probably could have sustained us as a lower-table Premier League club.

Net spend £29m according to Transfer League.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/blackburn-rovers/english-football-teams/blackburn-rovers-transfers

Tbf under the Trust we did buy Grella for £4m FFS !!!

5 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

You mean net profit. Your source excludes the undisclosed transfer fees of Dann, Petrovic, and Orr (yes, we paid some money for him); that totals £11.9m according to Transfermarkt.

As for Grella, I prefer to put the blame for that solely at Ince's door!

Thanks. I will take a look at Transfermkt, from what you say it appears much more accurate

I think that a more likely option should be added to the poll: "Venkys return to the next home game without any apology/acknowledgment"

That would be the interesting one. I personally wouldn't welcome their return without a further acknowledgement that the fans were right during all the Kean/Agnew/Shaw/Shebby nightmare and explanation of why they didn't act in the club's best interest during that period.

• Like 1

The thing is they have now returned to Ewood.

The 3 Chickens in Pune, being too frightened themselves, have done it by an unannounced visit by Bling's son, publicity after the event.

As far as the Rao's are concerned it's job done, face saved.

There will never be a formal apology ..... never never ever.

The son showing up is depressing, this could run and run and see my days out.

I voted hostile but would not, at present, be abusive if they were to show up. In my case what is the point of swearing at a TV, although I've done it plenty of times in days past.

Every time I think of Rovers I can't help but think of the Rao's. I wish I could exorcise those demons.

I have never and never will buy into the "innocent and misled" theory. They lied from day one.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

You mean net profit. Your source excludes the undisclosed transfer fees of Dann, Petrovic, and Orr (yes, we paid some money for him); that totals £11.9m according to Transfermarkt.

As for Grella, I prefer to put the blame for that solely at Ince's door!

I find it distasteful that you are spending time researching to defend them.....are you related to the tossers?  Defending the venkys on here?  :o

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Followed by Kalinic £6 million and Samba £12.3 million.

Transfer fees showed a profit of £29 million that season.

I recall queries about how and where the Samba Russian money was paid but forget the storyline.

Barclays wanted their 10 million at that time so probably the Samba money went through different channels to avoid it whilst they transferred the banking to India, wouldn't be surprised, stuff has happened like that in football far too often.

God knows how many pockets that might have found it's way into.

Scott Dann was another who didn't cost anywhere near what was put about to pacify the Brum fans he was coming back from injury when we bought him. Probably got back what they shelled out for him the rest was going to be made up in instalments that would only have come to fruition had he stayed years, made x no. of appearances and played for England or something daft like that. Plan all along there was get him in get him fit and playing then flog him on, no doubt about it we were an agents vehicle for a time whether by design or fault.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

My two penneth.

I think a line in the sand has to be drawn, at some point.

Whether or not this is that time remains to be seen, but I think that the club can't move onto the next stage of the rebuild, without this being addressed.

Reasons to Move on and try to reintroduce Venkys to Ewood.

Irrespective of what you or I think, the injection of cash from the family on a monthly/annual basis is keeping the club afloat, and whilst we're lead to believe that, perspective buyers have been interested in the past, I can't see a string of multi millionaires forming an orderly queue to buy the club.

This financial position leaves us in a precarious spot of being very heavily reliant on their backing and financial support. We need the support!

Furthermore to this point, it seems that, Tony Mowbray will need an extra special cash injection at some point if we're going to get back to the Premier League, either to buy a player or to keep a player with a new contract. And TM himself is advocating a ''detente'' of sorts between the two parties as a way to move on.

Certain fans who remain absentees when we're at home could hopefully be tempted to come back, which would boost attendances on match days and also retail, sponsorship etc. It would be interesting to see how many would come back, also how many use Venky's as an excuse and how many would become even more withdrawn from the club.

Do we as the fans take this as a chance to morally take the high ground? Offering of the olive branch from supporters may influence the family to take on an even bigger financial commitment to the club. Forgiving generally does feel good. If it was US rather than THEM who instigated the return. Would definitely put some moral weight behind our troubles over the past 8 years.

Vincent Tan and the Cardiff City fans have seemingly put aside their differences, don't forget he actually flipped the identity of the club..... Dragons, Red shirts etc, and they have been more successful and profitable since then and are now, once again, a Premier League side.

Reasons to NOT want Venkys to return to Ewood

The upturn in fortunes in the last 18/24 months has primarily come about since the family took a back seat, and whether by luck or skill, have appointed a group of individuals who feel as though they are running the club, with ITS best interest a heart. Namely Mowbray and Waggott.

The negative impact it would have on fans who are, slowly but surely, falling back in love with the football club. It is easy in recent times to forget about the likes of Jerome Anderson, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Paul Senior, Shebby Singh, Kentaro, I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. Coyle, Bradley Orr etc..

(I've just got a shiver up my spine........and feel sick)

Keep pushing the family to sell, more resistance may force through the sale of the club, which I think would be the only universal answer to my initial question, provided he or she had deep pockets, and kept the current senior management team in place, or added to it with quality appointments, e.g. a John Williams type figure.

It is such an emotive issue and one with no right or wrong answer.

My thoughts are that they don't need my permission or indeed my blessing to come or go at Ewood, respect has to be earned and bridges that were once towering suspension bridges between the board/owners and fans need to be rebuilt one brick at a time.

A contrite post on the website, not necessarily an apology, but an acknowledgment of their naivety (which I think is what it all boils down to - they were lead a merry dance by the WRONG people on almost every level of football management) and mistakes and a willingness to listen and work together could repair some of the ties. 

Venkys, in my opinion, SHOULD come to a game in the next few weeks, but come without a motorcade fanfare, sit in their box, and reacquaint themselves with the club, no press conference, no waving on the pitch at half time, turn up, support the team and then go home. That'll be step one, with success and continued good management on and off the field, the rest will follow.

It must happen at some point......But then again I return to my original question, is now THAT time? 

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 5

• Moderation Lead

I can't stand them at all and I don't suppose I'll ever forgive them for what they've done. 

I still think us stumbling across Mowbray was a happy accident, but I'm certainly glad it's happened. 

Re Balaji's son, to be fair to him, he looks quite young and when they made their initial series of howlers in the first few years of their ownership, how young must he have been?

I doubt he had much (if any) input at all at that time, so I don't think he deserves pelters for attending a match, in fairness.....

If they continue to stay out of the way, I suppose I can just about tolerate their existence and that's the best I can do!

• Like 2

"It is easy in recent times to forget about the likes of Jerome Anderson, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Paul Senior, Shebby Singh, Kentaro"

Very harsh to put Berg, Appleton and Senior in that shit list.

Berg and Appleton were victims of appaling top table management at the Club set up by Venkys. They proved to be very poor managers but what chance did they really have.

i called Paul Senior out a lot but history shows he sacked Coyle and was the man who choose Mowbray so now gets a break from me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"It is easy in recent times to forget about the likes of Jerome Anderson, Steve Kean, Henning Berg, Michael Appleton, Paul Senior, Shebby Singh, Kentaro"

Very harsh to put Berg, Appleton and Senior in that shit list.

Berg and Appleton were victims of appaling top table management at the Club set up by Venkys. They proved to be very poor managers but what chance did they really have.

i called Paul Senior out a lot but history shows he sacked Coyle and was the man who choose Mowbray so now gets a break from me.

I agree, but they are all connected with that 2010-2017 period of the clubs history where a way back in for Venkys was inconceivable.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Awful.

This thread just reignites the bad memories and utter chaos this club has been through lately.Lies,deceit and totall mismanagement on an unprecedented scale never before witnessed at this Club.

The Raos are dipping their Toes in the water again and it sends a shiver down the Spine....can't help but feel their renewed presence is going to be nothing more than divisive.

Strap in,Helmets on..here we go again.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I think it needs reminding that Venkys cover the losses there seems an impression that they pay every bill every month and we are totally beholden to them just to be in existence.

Not quite true the club does actually generate an income and a lot of the losses they fund were created soley by them and/or their partners so it's more that they are covering their mess rather than just ever so generous benefactors providing the town of Blackburn with a club. which judging by some of the comments on other social media is how some see it.

However they do enable it to function at this level at least with their input otherwise we'd be in league 1 on our own income  probably but they aren't alone in that it's what many club owners do, Hemmings up the road being one.

Just gets on my tits after all that's gone on that people try and make out Rovers wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for Venkys when they would albeit in a lesser form aside from a takeover. On that subject we'll never know because there has been interest and they won't entertain it so it's far fetched to make out we owe our entire present day existence to them.

The peculiar thing for me is their stubborn refusal to entertain any sort of publicity. Back at the start they couldn't help themselves with their motorcades, Madame's interview on the big screen, her visit to the training ground, the trip out to India with the team and fans, countless humiliating interviews with Balaji and Venkatesh.

I believe all or most of that was orchestrated by Jerome. It suited him and his agenda for these fools to occupy the glare of the media and for the impression to be spread that they were idiots making all the decisions. I've no doubt it was him and his SEM-Arsenal contacts at Sky Sports (Jim White, Paul Merson, Charlie Nicholas and co.) which enabled the succession of Sky exclusive interviews with them.

It may be the case that they are so scarred by what happened in those days that they refuse to communicate or appear, it may be that they genuinely believe they are helping things by keeping away, or it may just be that they have no interest in coming and never really did.

I think that I'd trust them a bit more if I could see and hear them from time to time, particularly in relation to their plans and financial dealings at the club.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that they turn up with their entourage or go back on Sky Sports but perhaps a few photos of when they meet with Mowbray and Waggott or a genuine end of year statement from them via video or audio rather than the stuff that appears on the website which I doubt has come from the owners.

• Like 1

Who cares? Sod them. Keep paying the bills, stop meddling and leave us to it. I'm glad they don't talk to us anymore. If this young Balaji turns out to be as big of a dick as his fat dad then I hope Waggot puts him in his place.

Frankly the day Madam or Balaji steps foot in Ewood Park again will be a very, very sad day. They don't deserve it. I only hope their son has more worldly sense about him and drops the caste-system ingrained sense of privilege his horrible relatives hold. I don't blame Balaji jnr at all for what has happened. He'll have his chance, like everyone deserves.