BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

• Backroom

Rog of the rovers makes a great point re: a potential line in the sand. I think if we got to the PL AND they showed a commitment to at least keeping us there (ie: like the Trustees, but with looser purse strings) I’d probably finally say I can properly tolerate them.

That even gives them leeway, as I used to say I wouldn’t ever accept them even if they funded a PL win.

Note: I say tolerate. Their term as owners will forever be marred by their disregard for all things Rovers until summer 2017.

Venkys return

They get full barrels from me... but no hate (life is too short and they are insignificant)...  they deserve it because they completely dismantled what Jack built for you, me, him, her.

Worst thing... they reopen the wounds between the deluded “fans” and eyes wide open “fans”

BUT... it is an essential step in the healing process.

come back. Take the shit. and then lets all reunite behind OUR team

Never forgive. Never forget.

If we never heard their names or saw their faces again it wouldn't be a day too soon.

Stumbling upon a slightly above average manager is hardly worthy of forgetting the wanton destruction. Just thinking back to the Coco days and the unswerving backing they gave him in the face of all rational reasoning makes me want to rip their heads off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Never forgive. Never forget.

If we never heard their names or saw their faces again it wouldn't be a day too soon.

Stumbling upon a slightly above average manager is hardly worthy of forgetting the wanton destruction. Just thinking back to the Coco days and the unswerving backing they gave him in the face of all rational reasoning makes me want to rip their heads off.

We really have some great fans. Such an optimistic and positive bunch. 

I understand the hate towards Venkys, but is it really necessary to bring the manager who has steadied and turned the ship around into it? Just seems needlessly nasty to me. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I understand the hate towards Venkys, but is it really necessary to bring the manager who has steadied and turned the ship around into it? Just seems needlessly nasty to me. 

How is that being "needlessly nasty" and bringing in the manager unnecessarily?!

The post from @Rover_Shaun actually implied that Mowbray is a positive, but not enough in isolation to forgive Venkys. I dont see how on earth you have come to your conclusion.

• Like 1

I have been grappling with this question for a day or two now. What does this Venky visit mean to us?

Apart from the 1875 protest against Wolves, I have not attended a home game since the act of sabotage that resulted in I have been stopped from posting this by moderators. Coyle being appointed manager. My preferred option would be that Venky’s leave tomorrow even if it means Rovers starting again in the Conference  - I’d be back at Ewood immediately.

While those responsible for appointing Coyle and committing many previous misdemeanors  are still in charge I don’t want to pay any money into the coffers .

My main gripe these days is the apparent aloofness and total lack of respect shown by Venky’s towards us fans. They have made no attempt to engage or explain their actions. Even the official ‘messages  from the owners’ issued after promotion and Mowbray’s new contract were obviously written by staff at Ewood. It seems to me that they run Rovers as a footnote at their AGMs and supply enough money to keep the club running without really caring too much because they can afford it. Any chance of making money via player sales they will take as a bonus.

Despite the upturn in good feeling recently, I think the club is stuck in limbo. Without a board of any substance ( Waggott and Cheston are money men not football men) and owners who take an interest every blue moon, I can’t see us progressing significantly. The board needs to consist of people who understand football, understand Blackburn Rovers and understand the fans and the local community. Without that soul, Rovers is becoming a faceless corporation with no real empathy with the local community (Mowbray aside).

There is more to our club than results on the pitch – History, pride, nostalgia, tradition etc. All these aspects will be lost if Venky’s remain in charge and the situation remains as it is. The club is a shadow of it’s former self.

So, what does the visit of Jagdish Rao signify? Do we dismiss him out of hand because he is related to the three stooges? It’s a tough call and, as usual, with no communication from the owners, we are completely in the dark as to whether it could be the start of a new era or a one-off jolly.

Assuming Venky’s will be here for the foreseeable future, what is the best to hope for? I can’t forget the past and I will be more than happy if Madam and the brothers never appear again ( maybe the protests and boycotts and snowballs have been useful after all). But is there any hope of some sort of uneasy truce that will allow Rovers to move forwards and get out of the current limbo?

How would people feel if Jagdish becomes a regular visitor, gets involved at a board level, starts a clean slate, engages with the supporters and proves by his actions that he understands the situation and is willing to be totally honest ? Would that be enough to start a peace process?  -As long as the others stay away - maybe.

Some people may prefer no visits from Venky’s  and just leave everything to Waggott and Mowbray but I think we need more infrastructure to have any chance of progression.

Change will need to take place at some point or I think Rovers will stagnate. As much as we hate the fact, the only people in a position to make changes are the owners. They need to (preferably) leave or step up to the plate. We need people who care to run our club.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How is that being "needlessly nasty" and bringing in the manager unnecessarily?!

The post from @Rover_Shaun actually implied that Mowbray is a positive, but not enough in isolation to forgive Venkys. I dont see how on earth you have come to your conclusion.

A "slightly above average manager" 

There is a snide connotation in that comment 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd like to hear @SergeiTheMeerKat opinion on all this?

I do prefer to keep my discussions in the private messages, however, as my opinion has been asked on the public forum I'll answer this time.

Some have suggested that Jagdish Rao's visit was an attempt to 'test the water' for family visits to Ewood. As far as I am aware this was not the case. He attended university in England and was in the country to visit friends and complete some paperwork.

I'm told that the family feel that their visits cause an unwelcome distraction to the team and the staff at Ewood. Balaji and his son would dearly like to visit every week but I guess they feel that the match results must take priority.

Communication between Pune and Ewood is frequent. Everybody here wants to see the team gain some momentum in the hope that it will attract better players in January.

I'm not sure what the family expections are for this season but I would personally be pleased with finishing in the top 8.

Think plenty would swim naked in the river Darwen at a top 8 finish this season but can't see it the team needs some investment for some quality, pace and another goal scorer before we break inti the top 8 in order to start knocking on the door of the top 6.

Hope the family realise this, needn't cost the earth but maybe something like seven million divided over a couple of good signings ready for the team......

On the subject of visits I think Balaji and son would've actually earned a bit of respect if they had turned up to support their team every week good or bad, that's how it's gained not just turning up to meet the Queen then not even staying for a home game a couple of days later !!!!!!

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A "slightly above average manager" 

There is a snide connotation in that comment 

The only snide connotations are towards the owners. It is at most slightly underwhelming, for you to turn "slightly above average" into being nasty is needless paranoia and manipulation of what hes said.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The only snide connotations are towards the owners. It is at most slightly underwhelming, for you to turn "slightly above average" into being nasty is needless paranoia and manipulation of what hes said.

Needless paranoia and manipulation?  Wind your neck in. 

It was a snide comment, you aren't going to change my opinion on that. 

• Backroom

I think the ‘best’ way to earn a little respect back would be for them to discreetly visit matchdays.

Not in Mercedes Motorcades all along the JW stand, but done early in the day and without an air of ‘we’re better than you lot’. Perhaps even do this for loads of games unannounced.

I think a lot of people would feel a twinge of respect if it ‘transired’ that at least one of each of the owners (or their son) had been at loads of Ewood games without showing off.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hope the family realise this, needn't cost the earth but maybe something like seven million divided over a couple of good signings ready for the team......

But seven million only buys a reserve winger these days!

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Vastly over-sensitive. Mowbray has done much more than a "slightly above average job for us" imo but his overall record isn't that great.

Anyway, if that's the guy's opinion, that's his opinion. There's nothing snide about it, quite up-front really.

His off field and club, player management has to be right up there well above average he's sorted the first team side of things from top to bottom and got the ownership & co being a buyers again instead of sellers as well as insisting on a proper guy above him to run things away from the field.    8 or 9 out of 10 there no doubt I don't know what more he could've done on that side of things.

On field all things considered so for it's above average but not by a massive way there's work to do and for someone so experienced he still makes some right selection and tactical howlers although we are a little quick to forget other teams go out to stop us as well.  Plus point is there's still plenty potential if he gets backing I don't think he's reached his glass ceiling and we know he can come up with the goods when he's in a bold mood.     7 out of 10  so far..

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1