BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

21 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

? There's more chance of training with Theresa May.

I know, I was trying to paint a more constructive way of talking than incoherently calling him and his family a shower of s--t who ruined the club like many of us would in this hypothetical situation. And it hasn't snowed for a while.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I know Uncle Jack was lurking behind the scenes for a while but it was essentially 1991 when he was acknowledged to be funding the club prior to becoming the owner. As we know, he sadly passed away in August 2000. Nine years.

We have now had the ‘honour’ of suffering under under the wretched Venky’s for the same length of time. Nine frigging years.

It’s like death by a thousand cuts. And then some.

• Like 3

He'll only use the standard 20 million per season to keep us going get out of jail card again.  Totally sidelining the fact they've created that themselves but i think in the Ewood hierachys world and Vs themselves as long as they do that everything else is ok and should be forgiven.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Incredible how much time has been and gone under their ownership. 

At my age I was too young to really enjoy the golden era of the early to mid 90s and wasnt old enough to be able to go to the European games abroad in the 2000s. The point at which I was able to travel and immerse myself in Rovers was in the late Hughes era of 2007-08. Unfortunately for me 9 of the 12 years since then have been dire. Bad timing.

As for Venkys - I can't think of a single thing in 9 years that they have improved at Rovers. 9 years and god knows how many millions of pounds and not a single element of the club is better than it was when they arrived.

Financially it is a disaster zone.

Footballing wise we are nowhere near.

Comercial/Corporate - regression

Infrastructure- zero investment beyond essential maintenance and it shows 

Boardroom- almost an insult to compare to what it was.

All the while smaller clubs without the 'benefit' of billionaire owners and Walkers legacy have caught up and overtook us.

Simple question for Waggott at the start of the next consultation meeting -

Steve, please can you name one single thing at Rovers that has benefited from Venky involvement in the last 9 years?

If not, why should we be grateful at being £150 million in debt to them for it?

In those nine years with the club sinking inexorably all we have received in the way of communication are reports on how things are improving and how the future is bright. Only Lambert has ever dissented from the party line. The consultation meetings are a waste of time since it only gives a platform to those with a vested interest to propagate further spin. Hats off to those who attempt to put them on the spot but the cynic in me tells me that evasion, obfuscation and lies will prevail.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s quite upsetting that Venkys now have owned us longer than Jack. A huge insult to his legacy. Even worse that the current mantra around the club seems to be “think small”.

Not to be pedantic (as I liked the latter 2 sentences) but Jack owned the club for 9 years and 7 months. Plus his influence was there in the immediate aftermath of his death (and shortly before his takeover) though obviously that didn't last long. 

Edited by Vinjay17

Quite a problem that it is now more than 18 years since the owner/largest shareholder in the club actually wanted to own it, wanted to improve it, wanted to better it and acted on that.

I don't need to repeat things about Venkys and their complete lack of interest or pride in Rovers (can't even be bothered to come to the UK to watch the odd game). 

But even before Venkys we had reluctant and disinterested owners who had no interest in the club or growing and improving it. Admittedly they had the sense to employ capable people to run it for them but they were at best caretakers holding the fort whilst trying to get rid of the club.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Quite a problem that it is now more than 18 years since the owner/largest shareholder in the club actually wanted to own it, wanted to improve it, wanted to better it and acted on that.

I don't need to repeat things about Venkys and their complete lack of interest or pride in Rovers (can't even be bothered to come to the UK to watch the odd game). 

But even before Venkys we had reluctant and disinterested owners who had no interest in the club or growing and improving it. Admittedly they had the sense to employ capable people to run it for them but they were at best caretakers holding the fort whilst trying to get rid of the club.

...but JH they were not supporters and they didn't care about football. That's the usual excuse from certain people isn't it?

So let's say Jack had left a trust fund for scientific research of rare diseases. Would people say "oh well they don't have that disease themselves. They probably won't get it either so why would they care about it?". Would they give in to every whim of a greedy family there as well (and still have legal action taken against them) or is it just football clubs where trustees can make up rules as they go along?

Edited by Vinjay17

Q: If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

A: Time to find a Snowball. A big one.

This thread passed me by before, can't fathom out why but maybe I just avoided their name in the Title.

Forgive and draw a line? NOT in this lifetime or the hereafter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Any of the 49 willing to forgive like to explain their reasons?

Because I do not hold grudges. If someone is willing to learn by their mistakes, let them. Holding them in contempt will not gain the Rovers as a club anything. At least lets try everything to get the club back on track. 

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

Because I do not hold grudges. If someone is willing to learn by their mistakes, let them. Holding them in contempt will not gain the Rovers as a club anything. At least lets try everything to get the club back on track. 

Glad you don't work for the Parole Board haha.

Learning from mistakes? Let's look at two early ones.

1   2012 Dismantling infrastructure/ board of directors, manned by people with experience and genuine football know-how..... 2019- Is the situation fit for purpose?

2  2012  Allowing introduction of new player purchase policy based on considerations, other than on- field requirements........2019 Ben Brereton?...Defenders are coming etc.

I could go on, but reports of their learning from mistakes are...greatly exaggerated.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

Any of the 49 willing to forgive like to explain their reasons?

Life is too short to waste time wallowing in bitterness and negativity. The Venkys have made terrible mistakes and have undoubtedly crippled our football club but they have invested a huge amount now and it’s all in the past. Concentrate on the present moment. If we had owners that admitted to mistakes in the past, humbly asked for forgiveness and started showing an interest in our club then surely that’s what we all want?

They got lucky with Mowbray it was just another desperate throw of the dice, another opportunity to employ a good candidate which they ducked for about the 5th time. Another recently failed manager off the scrapheap who was probably grateful enough to start off cheap, another one possibly recruited through the usual channels of so called friendly advisers. 

After an uninspiring but respectable start it finally finished off what the previous cheapo, agent presented, scrapheap challenger had started. However the following season the same dice finally landed on a six. Now we are almost back at square one again and they are god knows how many tens of millions lighter...again.

So learn from mistakes ?   Pull the other one.

• Backroom

The only thing they've learned, as far as I can tell, is that it's better to stay silent and avoid coming anywhere near Blackburn. Otherwise they're still making the same mistakes they were making in the beginning. 9 years and the closest we've come to a genuine manager is Paul Lambert, who saw what was going on here and decided after six months he'd rather be unemployed. 

The day they employ a genuine, experienced manager and back him with funds is the day I'll believe they might be learning something about running a football club. As long as they keep employing cheap cast-offs who can't or won't get us performing on the pitch I'm of the opinion they have learnt absolutely nothing and moreover after nearly a decade you have to assume they aren't interested in becoming better owners. For whatever reason they just want us to keep ticking along as a loss-making enterprise bouncing between the second and third divisions of English football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

Life is too short to waste time wallowing in bitterness and negativity. The Venkys have made terrible mistakes and have undoubtedly crippled our football club but they have invested a huge amount now and it’s all in the past. Concentrate on the present moment. If we had owners that admitted to mistakes in the past, humbly asked for forgiveness and started showing an interest in our club then surely that’s what we all want?

I’m certainly not bitter but I possess a very long memory. Just remember a pessimist is an optimist with experience. There have been reasons why this lot bought us and still exist, and I don’t think any are of benefit to the club nor it’s fans. 

• Like 8