BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

They've allowed maintaining of the Academy to Cat 1 other than that i can't think of one tiny bit of it that hasn't been dumbed down to litterally half or what it was when they rocked up. 

There was a train thought after they'd been here a while that their idea was to break it all down so they could build it up again how they thought it should be. Well...

11 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

I’m certainly not bitter but I possess a very long memory. Just remember a pessimist is an optimist with experience. There have been reasons why this lot bought us and still exist, and I don’t think any are of benefit to the club nor it’s fans. 

Aye well you’re entitled to your views but the question was if they apologised and turned up at the matches. I think that would indicate that their motives for owning a football club might have changed. Never forget but be ready to forgive is my way of looking at it. 

2 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

If we had owners that admitted to mistakes in the past, humbly asked for forgiveness and started showing an interest in our club then surely that’s what we all want?

Well why the bloody hell don't the arrogant sods get on with it and show some interest and correct their  mistakes?

10 years on and were still waiting..........

Yes that's right Hypnotic,they have made terrible mistakes,crippled the club but it's time to forgive?

LIKE FCUK!!!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

Life is too short to waste time wallowing in bitterness and negativity. The Venkys have made terrible mistakes and have undoubtedly crippled our football club but they have invested a huge amount now and it’s all in the past. Concentrate on the present moment. If we had owners that admitted to mistakes in the past, humbly asked for forgiveness and started showing an interest in our club then surely that’s what we all want?

Cope.

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

JHRover issued a challenge the other day for anybody to name one area of the club where we have seen an improvement in the last nine years. That includes ALL aspects of the club.

I can't think of any.

Has any aspect improved since Jack passed away, never mind the last nine years?

Edited by rigger

17 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Well why the bloody hell don't the arrogant sods get on with it and show some interest and correct their  mistakes?

Yes that's right Hypnotic,they have made terrible mistakes,crippled the club but it's time to forgive?

LIKE FCUK!!!!

Only one "Simon Garners 194"!

36 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

LIKE FCUK!!!!

It beggars belief that some folk are saying Venkys have learned from their mistakes!

Here we are 9 years into their time with us STILL worrying that if Mowbray leaves then they’ll employ someone worse.

Does that sound like an organisation that has learned from their mistakes??

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It beggars belief that some folk are saying Venkys have learned from their mistakes!

Here we are 9 years into their time with us STILL worrying that if Mowbray leaves then they’ll employ someone worse.

Does that sound like an organisation that has learned from their mistakes??

Who has said that they have learned from their mistakes. I think you will find that people have said, IF they have learned, perhaps we should move on, for the good of the club.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Who has said that they have learned from their mistakes. I think you will find that people have said, IF they have learned, perhaps we should move on, for the good of the club.

Yeah, no, I’m not going to do that.

They need to put us back where we were when they sidled up and then leave.

• Like 2

Voted willing to forgive.

i won’t forget but il forgive. Think they’ve been pretty on the spot as owners since returning from L1.

70 percent plus wouldn’t mind them returning. About time they showed live for the “baby”

Edited by Scotland1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Has any aspect improved since Jack passed away, never mind the last nine years?

Promotion to the PL, Carling Cup win, several European adventures. 

I don't believe we will see any of the above whilst these people own us.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Promotion to the PL, Carling Cup win, several European adventures. 

I don't believe we will see any of the above whilst these people own us.

It’s like trying to tread water while the person with their foot on your head throws £50 notes at you.

And we are all getting older while we wait. There could well be fans around now who never see us in the top flight again. :( 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Moot point really. Venkys would never apologise, or be contrite and accept their failures.

One, because it's not really part of their culture I understand, and two, because they strike me as pretty arrogant and spoilt human beings. 

Besides, words are empty. Actions do the talking.  Get us realistically competing for promotion to the Prem and my views might soften.

But signing cheques off to prop up the club certainly isn't enough to earn my forgiveness. They created this mess, and are doing very little to rectify it. They're merely stopping us sinking further, halting the decline.

Now way I'm going to be thankful or forgiving for that.  

• Like 5

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s like trying to tread water while the person with their foot on your head throws £50 notes at you.

And we are all getting older while we wait. There could well be fans around now who never see us in the top flight again. :( 

Growing consensus and change amongst the fan base ideally is that people no longer hate or don’t want them to succeed or keep failing but out of hope or kindness or continued misery but take your pick as opposed to the Kean Anderson days where I’ve never seen such a moderate laid back non demanding fan base arise against such a group of people. you couldn’t argue Blackpool and Oystons as there fan base isn’t as reserved as ours. The level of hate back then was extrodinary from such folk as rovers fans.

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Growing consensus and change amongst the fan base ideally is that people no longer hate or don’t want them to succeed or keep failing but out of hope or kindness or continued misery but take your pick as opposed to the Kean Anderson days where I’ve never seen such a moderate laid back non demanding fan base arise against such a group of people. you couldn’t argue Blackpool and Oystons as there fan base isn’t as reserved as ours. The level of hate back then was extrodinary from such folk as rovers fans.

And yet we got no support.

You say “no longer hate” or “not wanting them to succeed” (bit patronising) but I for one am still waiting for them to SHOW us that they have any intention to succeed. Sticking with Bowyer and Mowbray for as long as the did/have suggests that as long as things don’t get worse they are happy to watch us drift.

Giving the latter £14m to waste while nothing is done to bring more fans to the club does not make them any more endearing. If that were my money I’d be doing a Levy not a Shebby. (There may be a Don McLean song in there somewhere).

I don’t hate the Raos, they are fools who would be pitied if it wasn’t our club.

I just want them gone after they have paid the debt they owe Jack.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I wish they would just f**k off tonight and leave tomorrow for us to put the pieces back together again.

Desai, Fat Barry, Jagdish, Confused, Babu, Pasha, Waggott, Cheston, Sylvester, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe. One of you must be reading this. F**k off the lot of you and shut the door on your way out.

I totally agree, but the only problem is. They might shut the door, but they may also turn the lights off as well.

We've been debating "life after Venky's" for years now. Fact of that matter is that so long as the sword of damocles hangs over us, a lot of fans won't care about Venky's holding the deeds as long as we're still in a competitive division.

On 19/11/2019 at 19:04, Vinjay17 said:

...but JH they were not supporters and they didn't care about football. That's the usual excuse from certain people isn't it?

So let's say Jack had left a trust fund for scientific research of rare diseases. Would people say "oh well they don't have that disease themselves. They probably won't get it either so why would they care about it?". Would they give in to every whim of a greedy family there as well (and still have legal action taken against them) or is it just football clubs where trustees can make up rules as they go along?

Can't believe I didn't say this years ago. It's such a great point with unlimited logic there's really no comeback to it. 

19 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

Aye well you’re entitled to your views but the question was if they apologised and turned up at the matches. I think that would indicate that their motives for owning a football club might have changed. Never forget but be ready to forgive is my way of looking at it. 

I have got to say that I admire your position pal and you’re fully entitled to your view. Not for me though ?

• Like 1

On 20/11/2019 at 18:14, The Hypnotic said:

After 9 years TH that's a mighty big if. But they wont. 

The owners are business people not football and I'm pretty much 100% sure there are people connected with the club who have advised/suggested that they reconnect (sorry I mean connect!) but its a business venture and they will not look further than that.

Prove me wrong Venkys!

Edited by Cherry Blue

16 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

After 9 years TH that's a mighty big if. But they wont. 

The owners are business people not football and I'm pretty much 100% sure there are people connected with the club who have advised/suggested that they reconnect (sorry I mean connect!) but its a business venture and they will not look further than that.

Prove me wrong Venkys!

Sadly I think you’re right CB. I sometimes think about how amazing it would be to have owners that are genuinely interested,  just like normal clubs ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/08/2017 at 17:04, den said:

From solid Premier League club with little debt, to a club losing its first two games in the old third division and £100m+ in debt, closing radio rovers and staff redundancies.

for Gods sake, just sell up, just go! You've failed and you're still failing. 

A concerted alliance of assorted supporter groups bolstered by a social media campaign has urged Donald to quit Wearside and, in a statement on Tuesday, Sunderland outlined his plans to grant their wish.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/07/sunderland-fans-ire-owner-stewart-donald-sell-club

Maybe we should give this a go.