BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

56 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Disgusting. That “fan” hasn’t got a clue what he/she is talking about.

Utterly utterly clueless. Stockholm syndrome taken to the extreme.

Thank Venkys? What for? Not finishing the club off completely?

No Rovers fan should ever get down on their knees for these owners (or any owners). There is no need in any case. Thanks to these arrogant fools our once proud club has already been brought to its knees.

”Rich” indeed.

I imagine when the ghost of Stanley Kubrick remakes one of his more famous films this time about the Rovers takeover there seems to be no shortage of people to deliver the famous (amended) line "sucky sucky 5 million pound, Me love you long time Venky's"

Their best is shoddy and poor. 

Their worst is abusive and criminal.

Goodness knows how people can like them or what frame of reference they are using to come to that conclusion. I treat another human like that, say a family member, and they would view things in a very different light. 

Also have we forgotten - Hughes, Souness even ignoring (though we shouldn't) the years Jack was here and in charge the standards were still high. How can we have forgotten that? 

• Like 3

It annoys me every time I see this topic rear its ugly head. Although this time it was for a better reason than someone genuinely asking the question I guess.

They aren't welcome and never will be either. They have utterly mismanaged our club to the point that Accy Stanley are now getting more iFollow purchases than we are. It is a total embarrassment and perhaps a rude awakening for our future.

The Venkys will always be pariahs in the town of Blackburn. Nothing they can do will make it otherwise. 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It annoys me every time I see this topic rear its ugly head. Although this time it was for a better reason than someone genuinely asking the question I guess.

They aren't welcome and never will be either. They have utterly mismanaged our club to the point that Accy Stanley are now getting more iFollow purchases than we are. It is a total embarrassment and perhaps a rude awakening for our future.

The Venkys will always be pariahs in the town of Blackburn. Nothing they can do will make it otherwise

That's why I posted it. I was amazed by the comments on the LT and I've heard a few 1st hand accounts of Rovers mates/acquaintances saying the same.

They clearly will be welcomed by an increasing number. You only have to look also at the twitter responses to Rich Sharpe's article.

18 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Looking forward to sharing some stories of how bad it really was, be interesting to hear the type of things people would like to know. 

The protest

The investigation

Transfers

Board room battles

Communication with the owners

Manager merry go around

Takeover talks 

Hopefully will get an opportunity to touch of things people were not aware of,

Hi Glen! Main question i have is do you think the whole story will come to light one day around the scheme involving Steve Kean and Jerome Anderson or is this chapter closed behind lawyers for the foreseeable future? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's why I posted it. I was amazed by the comments on the LT and I've heard a few 1st hand accounts of Rovers mates/acquaintances saying the same.

They clearly will be welcomed by an increasing number. You only have to look also at the twitter responses to Rich Sharpe's article.

To be fair that is only one or two people

As I live outside of Blackburn now maybe I am misunderstanding the mood but I certainly never got the impression Venkys would be welcome. 

The tweet "absolutely doomed if we leave" is so wide of the mark it is unbelievable. The day they leave is the day we get our club back.

I look at Balaji in the same way I look at Anderson. Pure hate. I know that isn't good for your soul but quite frankly I couldn't care less. I don't like the man, never will do, and I am glad that Anderson is in a world of trouble with dodgy people right now. 

I don't quite know how I'd react if I saw them getting a standing ovation at Ewood again. I think in all honesty I'd probably walk away and never look back. There's plenty of local non-league clubs I could watch and throw my support to, however devastating it may be, but I could never, ever be in an atmosphere that is friendly towards them. From intimidating fans, siphoning of money, dodgy deals and the lies said about Jack Walker it is a hugely bitter pill to swallow seeing some of our fans forgive them, nay say we should be thankful for them.

Those fans should stand for a moment in front of the statue of Jack and ask themselves what he would think and do. It wouldn't be clap.

• Like 4

Think you are misreading the mood Dreams, like I said on the last page there’s been a real sea change in how they are perceived since League 1.

Away from this board, I seldom hear anything negative towards them. Indeed if I aired my views at Ewood these days I’d probably get rounded upon...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Those fans should stand for a moment in front of the statue of Jack and ask themselves what he would think and do. It wouldn't be clap.

Which they should have been doing 15 years ago.

Showing up to greet Liz Windsor (sure the LT said they haven't been to Ewood since 2013 conveniently omitting this) shows what they think of the "peasants".

I wouldn't just single Balaji out from the family. "Madame" should be held in equal attempt. As for "third wheel" I've always suspected they bully him but sometimes you need to make a stand!

They should make Balaji's son the "face of the ownership". For obvious reason I'm not someone to judge people on who their families are. That said I'm certainly not going to compare him to Jack either.

As for a "rollercoaster ride" what type of rollercoaster is Waggott thinking of? Most of the ones I've been on have several ups and downs. Not a single up (and even that's debatable considering it was their fault in first place) with endless downs and brief stoppages (purgatory)

It's not really my problem anymore though. Once I've moved from this area I'll be even less likely to visit than Venkys!

Edited by Vinjay

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Hi Glen! Main question i have is do you think the whole story will come to light one day around the scheme involving Steve Kean and Jerome Anderson or is this chapter closed behind lawyers for the foreseeable future? 

I think the scheme is already out there in the public domain, I do have a strong story on this, and i'm sure Duncan will touch on it when we speak. Its beyond crazy to be honest, but will tell it as it was told to me from a extremely good source.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Hi Glen. I'd like to hear about any crazy things you heard Shebby say in relation to Rovers/football matters. He made himself out to be an expert but the way he came across at KGH says otherwise. Were there things that he said to you that left you baffled or concerned? I'd like to know what his views were on Rovers' transfer dealings back then too.

Also, could you expand on how farcical the situation was at the club with Agnew and Shebby in the same boardroom? I listened to the Nick Harris Podcast the other day and he mentioned how Agnew would decide one thing, Shebby another, and nobody at the club would know who to follow as they didn't know who was in charge!

Finally, could you tell us about some of the intimidation tactics that were used by others to try and stop you from protesting or putting the dossier together? A couple of posters on here alluded to receiving letters/threats. Fair enough if you can't or don't want to go into it.

Cheers.

RE Singh, many a story to tell, from him wanting to pay for the marketing of protest, to board wranglings to sacking players by Phone, I'm sure we will touch on this.

Agnew once said to me "Twitter and BRFCS Won't sack me" As he set us up in a meeting where he brought Jack Straw in to try and make us go away. He also rang me before he went to Pune, stating he wanted a fan on the board, would I consider halting all protest and walking away from the supporter campaign!!!!!!

Action group received a few legal letters, but strangely I never got "ONE", Although my life and that of my wife and children was threatened, whilst we were both subjected to being assaulted, my wife at the time was holding our 8 month old baby. I had to move seats on a weekly basis at Ewood, but my whereabouts was given to people out to cause me harm before match day, and then on match day, through the clubs security. Scratching a scab they say?  A lot more was at stake back then. I think the owners received a snow ball, I got a black eye or two, a beat up wife and child and a threats to burn my home down with me in it.

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Think you are misreading the mood Dreams, like I said on the last page there’s been a real sea change in how they are perceived since League 1.

Away from this board, I seldom hear anything negative towards them. Indeed if I aired my views at Ewood these days I’d probably get rounded upon...

Utterly disheartening to read that Matty! But you’ll have dreams’ support if you ever do want to air them views ??

Edited by Dreams of 1995

Venkys can NEVER be forgiven to what they did to our club. I have absolute contempt for them whatever they achieve in the future, unless they decide to clear off. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go back and see how far we have fallen in 10 years, both on and off the pitch. It wouldn’t make much difference to me but they should get down on their knees and apologise to supporters, not the other way round! Venkys out.

• Like 2

The passage of time had healed some wounds with me. But reading the stuff this week, reminding me of just how horrendous those first 3 years were, draws things back into focus. I can tolerate them but I can't want to forget just how bad it was. Nor do I want to.

That feeling of complete helplessness as Kean and his mates destroyed the club whilst these owners sat back and watched, telling us we were wrong, allowing it to unfold. Never forget that.

Personally speaking I had months of anguish and dismay watching Kean gut the club.

This was all on their watch. They enabled it and allowed it to continue. We became the laughing stock of football whilst Kean and his Sky associates drove a wedge down the middle. 

I have equal or greater contempt for the co-conspirators and other people who took the Venky coin or maneuvered themselves into higher office whilst keeping quiet and doing nothing.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That feeling of complete helplessness as Kean and his mates destroyed the club whilst these owners sat back and watched, telling us we were wrong, allowing it to unfold. Never forget that.

That's the crux for me too. 'Complete helplessness' sums it up perfectly and was why many fans walked away from the club. 

• Like 2

The actions of those idiots in Pune have destroyed a once proud football club, destroyed families and local businesses and ensured the future of the football club will always be in doubt.

I try not to hate, it’s wasted energy, but I reserve the right to hate the owners, Kean and the rest of the scumbags like Agnew that saw a few quid and pissed all over the club that Jack built.

Bollox to welcoming them back :angry:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

RE Singh, many a story to tell, from him wanting to pay for the marketing of protest, to board wranglings to sacking players by Phone, I'm sure we will touch on this.

Agnew once said to me "Twitter and BRFCS Won't sack me" As he set us up in a meeting where he brought Jack Straw in to try and make us go away. He also rang me before he went to Pune, stating he wanted a fan on the board, would I consider halting all protest and walking away from the supporter campaign!!!!!!

Action group received a few legal letters, but strangely I never got "ONE", Although my life and that of my wife and children was threatened, whilst we were both subjected to being assaulted, my wife at the time was holding our 8 month old baby. I had to move seats on a weekly basis at Ewood, but my whereabouts was given to people out to cause me harm before match day, and then on match day, through the clubs security. Scratching a scab they say?  A lot more was at stake back then. I think the owners received a snow ball, I got a black eye or two, a beat up wife and child and a threats to burn my home down with me in it.

Thanks for your detailed response, Glen. Singh wanting to pay for the marketing of a protest against his employers/friends is bizarre to say the least. It shouldn't surprise me though as it looked like he was winging it on a daily basis.

That sounds absolutely awful, Glen. I had no idea things got that bad. No fan in the modern day should have to fear for their safety or that of their family inside a football stadium. The only reason I asked is because I've often wondered if those making the threats were connected to the shadowy agency in some way. It sounds like this was fellow fans who were anti protest, possibly put up to it by somebody at the club? 

Those fans who are praising Venky's for backing us financially (mainly on other sites) would do well to remember just how toxic they allowed things to become during those first three years. Thinking back on those days brings back too many bad memories.

Was going through some of my notes/correspondence this morning and came across this,

It was questions posed to Shebby Singh by a media outlet during the Berg turmoil, which eventually ended with his departure. He does not answer all the questions, but the ones he does answer are quite astounding:

1: Can you tell me what's happened these past few days in Pune, a flavour of the meetings, and the outcome.? A lot of begging and apologies from a confession aided by a mate. Manager dragged to India in support but did not work as Manager is strong minded.

2: Who is in effective day to day control at the club? And why does Shaw / Agnew appear to be controlling the "narrative" via what appears on the website?

3: Who amended Berg's contract after Mrs D saw it, and why? And will Shaw / Agnew stay at the club? - Shaw amended the contract then tried to hide the purported settlement .... Caught red handed when full settlement was demanded therein.

4: what is the situation with Karen / Ian and are they considering their futures? - Ms Silk has resigned ..... Silvester will support his mates for as long as he can with his now famous tagline - I only do what I am told.

5: what is the owners' vision for club in the immediate future and over the next few seasons?

6: wouldn't it be more sensible to have one senior exec at Ewood who is responsible for running the club (ie: you or whoever as CEO) and then just let them get on with it? How did we reach this whole schism of Shagnew on one side and you on the other? Right from the day I arrived there has been lying,conniving and back stabbing so much so they forgot their duties to the club. I was the stumbling block to their jolly up ....and lo and behold they got caught.

7: do you think there has been any corruption by Agnew / Shaw?

8: has Jerome Anderson had any meaningful involvement recently? - he muscled in on the Steven Nzonzi deal and got agents commission right at the death.

9: when did Kentaro / Venky's settle that legal argument over the management consultancy contract?

10: is it fair to say Anderson / Kentaro engineered the takeover from both sides in the first place, gave serial bad advice and filled their pockets, tried to sign third-party players and essentially created the choatic foundations of what is continuing now?

11: anything else you think I should know that helps me get the story out? - why were two agents involved in the Jordan Rhodes deal. Mick McGuire is Rhodes agent but how did Kenny Moyes get involved?

12: when are you back?